MetLife Financial Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2010.

The process was an active bait and switch method. The recruiter made warranties that were not meant or met. There was a social dinner and then a series of meetings that only postponed the start of compensation but required time and money. The recruiter admitted years later that the pitch was exaggerated. The culture of abuse started at the interview because the comments described a strategy detached from the reality. They use the Snoopy logo to lull people to believe their hype.

Interview Questions
The negotiation was totally one-sided. It was take it or leave it and bait and switch with very little candor.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

I was recruited at a university career fair. They called me for a preliminary phone interview and then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I also had to take a few tests which were a little difficult but they measure financial skills and personality. At the interview, one of the very nice hiring managers sat me in a small conference room and went over my resume and asked basic interviewing questions (mainly focusing on my sales experience). They also went over the position and the salary. Which starts off being highly commission based and no paid training. If you do well you get a salary/commission.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a hard time persuading someone to do something.   Answer Question

I did not want a sales position as my first job that's all commission when I don't have sales experience.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Interviewer was very friendly but the position required me to provide 50 names of friends and family to use as sales contacts.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you persuaded someone to see your point of view   Answer Question

Wasn't interested in a sales position

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in January 2011.

Very Simple they really seemed to need people. I did not like to heavy commission reliance the job description included. Also, you have to pay for your own licenses which wold cost upward of $400. The interviewer tried selling me on the job very hard but he was very unrealistic with his commission and professional development projections and explanations.

Interview Questions

High reliance on commission and I do not want to work in a cubical.

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at MetLife in April 2009.

The interview process is standard. The first interview discusses your background and the company's background. benefits are discussed. You then take some personality tests. 2nd interview is with manager. Before the final interview they want names, phone $, and personal info on 100 people you know and then you must do a presentation to several people then an offer is extended.

don't want a career in INSURANCE

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!