MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.

www.metlifehomeloans.com
Unclaimed Profile

MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. Interview Questions

2.8

Mortgage Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A..

Interview

Interview was scheduled after referral from my neighbor. I met with two of the managers and it was a causal environment. I had customer service experience as well as prior consumer and corporate mortgage closing experience meeting their minimum qualifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was for base pay plus commissions paying up to $70K.

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Irving, TX).

Interview

I went through an on site temp agency.

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Irving, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was intense with one final VP making the selection. The team members were not included as part of the process and this should have been an indicator of things to come. The total process took only about thirty minutes and the majority of the input was provided by the interviewee. The interviewers questions seemed to be based on whether she liked the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you overcame a stumbling block.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating except that I promoted myself as the team lead (project manager) when they had another person in mind. I did land the job.

Senior Business Solutions Manager (Director Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Irving, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Was put in direct contact with the hiring manager from by a staffing firm (Apex). Was hired in two days for contract to perm. Served on a contract basis for about 6 months, and then went perm.

Interview Questions

• Was interviewed on site by a contract consultant, and he asked about gaps in my resume as a consultant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and sweet. I negotiated my compensation rate during my first phone call with the hiring manager. After we got that established and agreed, then she had me come in the next day to meet her team and get their feedback.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Ankeny, IA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director over the phone, saying she was asking around at other companies looking for the best talent, and she had repeatedly been given my name. She would call me for "theoretical" business scenario discussions about once a week for over a month. Eventually she convinced me to come work for her. Then an HR person called me with a job offer. I negotiated and accepted an offer. I pretty much wrote my own job description. There was a 2-week period of waiting before I officially started my new job while they did background checks, drug testing, and ordered my equipment. My first week on the job was spent at the headquarters in Texas learning the business and meeting key people, including my manager.

Interview Questions

• I was given detailed business scenarios from the company and asked how I would react/manage/solution for them. It is challenging to answer such detailed questions without knowing the company culture or business priorities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was wanted, but not certain I wanted the change. I was tempted by offers of generous salary, ability to define my role, increased scope of authority. Eventually I agreed, spoke briefly with the hiring manager's boss for approval, and was immediately contacted by an HR representative via phone and given an employment offer. I negotiated the offer letter to ensure the most important items were in writing.

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Irving, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewd for a CSR position and transistioned into the role of a business analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than all other candidates and what is your weakest attribute.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a staffing company so there was no negotiating...

Loss Mitigation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and the interview as set up within 2 weeks. I first interviewed with my prospective boss and we discussed my experience and qualifications, as well as some more detailed aspects of the position. I then interviewed with my prospective boss' boss for about 30 mniutes. This was a more general interview but still focused on my qualifications and experience. The next day, they called me to see if I could come in to meet with the COO. I met with her the following day, and this was a more general interview that covered the thing I least like to do, what I am best at, etc. She also asked me what two metrics I most focus on in my current job. I think the interview with the COO was more of an "approval" interview, just to ensure she concurred and my conversation with her didn't raise any red flags.

Interview Questions

• What thing do you like to do least?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have regarding a conforming / GSE portfolio?   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process will largely depend on the individual you talk to. My was blissfully sweet and my hiring manager and future boss was very considerate, polite, and after I accepted the job -- wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard questions based on previous job experiences and qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was higher than expected and accepted immediately

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Fairfax, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

informal

Interview Questions

The interviewers were friendly. My overall impression of the company and local leadership was not very professional group. The group and their performance standards as they described them were different from my expectations and perceptions of quality. I do not want to be critical and wish to keep comments broad.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

very quick and helpful but this time it wasnt good

Interview Questions

• Best joke you heard lately?   1 Answer
    • why this job is good for you   1 Answer