MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.
www.metlifehomeloans.com Irving, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Nov 5, 2013

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Solutions Manager (Director Level) Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was put in direct contact with the hiring manager from by a staffing firm (Apex). Was hired in two days for contract to perm. Served on a contract basis for about 6 months, and then went perm.

Interview Question – Was interviewed on site by a contract consultant, and he asked about gaps in my resume as a consultant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet. I negotiated my compensation rate during my first phone call with the hiring manager. After we got that established and agreed, then she had me come in the next day to meet her team and get their feedback.

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Mortgage Specialist
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A..

Interview Details – I went through an on site temp agency.

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Ankeny, IA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Director over the phone, saying she was asking around at other companies looking for the best talent, and she had repeatedly been given my name. She would call me for "theoretical" business scenario discussions about once a week for over a month. Eventually she convinced me to come work for her. Then an HR person called me with a job offer. I negotiated and accepted an offer. I pretty much wrote my own job description. There was a 2-week period of waiting before I officially started my new job while they did background checks, drug testing, and ordered my equipment. My first week on the job was spent at the headquarters in Texas learning the business and meeting key people, including my manager.

Interview Question – I was given detailed business scenarios from the company and asked how I would react/manage/solution for them. It is challenging to answer such detailed questions without knowing the company culture or business priorities.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was wanted, but not certain I wanted the change. I was tempted by offers of generous salary, ability to define my role, increased scope of authority. Eventually I agreed, spoke briefly with the hiring manager's boss for approval, and was immediately contacted by an HR representative via phone and given an employment offer. I negotiated the offer letter to ensure the most important items were in writing.

Business Analyst I Interview

Business Analyst I
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process will largely depend on the individual you talk to. My was blissfully sweet and my hiring manager and future boss was very considerate, polite, and after I accepted the job -- wonderful to work with.

Interview Question – Mostly standard questions based on previous job experiences and qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was higher than expected and accepted immediately

Business Analyst I Interview

Business Analyst I
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in July 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewd for a CSR position and transistioned into the role of a business analyst.

Interview Question – Why are you better than all other candidates and what is your weakest attribute.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a staffing company so there was no negotiating...

Loss Mitigation Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter and the interview as set up within 2 weeks. I first interviewed with my prospective boss and we discussed my experience and qualifications, as well as some more detailed aspects of the position. I then interviewed with my prospective boss' boss for about 30 mniutes. This was a more general interview but still focused on my qualifications and experience. The next day, they called me to see if I could come in to meet with the COO. I met with her the following day, and this was a more general interview that covered the thing I least like to do, what I am best at, etc. She also asked me what two metrics I most focus on in my current job. I think the interview with the COO was more of an "approval" interview, just to ensure she concurred and my conversation with her didn't raise any red flags.

Sales Interview

Fairfax, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in February 2010.

Interview Details – informal

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewers were friendly. My overall impression of the company and local leadership was not very professional group. The group and their performance standards as they described them were different from my expectations and perceptions of quality. I do not want to be critical and wish to keep comments broad.

Finance Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in November 2009.

Interview Details – very quick and helpful but this time it wasnt good

Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in August 2010.

Interview Details – two hours of testing before the interview

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. in July 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview , HR phone interview, Sales manager 1:1 interview and District Mgr 1:1 interview

Interview Question – What would you have changed about your current manager?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. employees and interview candidates.