MetLife

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Simple interview, was seamless but they will not pay for your licensing. My interviewer made me feel comfortable until he asked me to take some computer exam to see if I was a fit (after he offered me the job). Found it strange and pointless.

Interview Questions

They keep to much of your commission in my opinion.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

I got the opportunity to get interviewed by met life brea branch. Very professional hiring process. Interview focuses on what you want with your life and if you are available for the job. I advanced for the second interview and given the package to study for the next interview however i didnt feel like i should be in insurance sales. So i didnt pursue the next step. In general if you are ambitious and want to work for commission only. This job is for you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in November 2013.

telephone interview with HR specialist (one hour), then phone interview with District Manager (one hour), then 2 more face-face interviews with DM, one w RM (over phone) before oral offer (no official offer in paper?)

Interview Questions
    • what is your closing rate in issueing auto home policies in your current position? He had a fetish to know, bragged his agents close > 90%, ha ha BS   Answer Question
    in person, over his desk, some reference documents, pay scales, commission plans, production quota schedules.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

The Interview process was very long and drawn out, from the original recruiter contacting me to the third interview. This process took 4 months before I got a final response on moving forward with the position.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you want to make, I don't know if we can pay you enough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in January 2012.

One of the major issues with a company that has high turnover is that the hiring managers frequently lack the experience to conduct a proper interview. Having managed sales people before, I was shocked at the simplicity of the process. Truly made me feel that they were just looking for bodies and not interested in my actual experience or abilities.

Interview Questions
    • None really come to mind as being difficult questions. Easy to get hired, tough to meet goals and hang on.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher base salary than their average due to my experience, but it still was only for a short period of time.