MetLife

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brea, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to get interviewed by met life brea branch. Very professional hiring process. Interview focuses on what you want with your life and if you are available for the job. I advanced for the second interview and given the package to study for the next interview however i didnt feel like i should be in insurance sales. So i didnt pursue the next step. In general if you are ambitious and want to work for commission only. This job is for you

Interview Question – Are you ok to work for commission only?   Answer Question

Lynnwood, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in November 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview with HR specialist (one hour), then phone interview with District Manager (one hour), then 2 more face-face interviews with DM, one w RM (over phone) before oral offer (no official offer in paper?)

Interview Question – what is your closing rate in issueing auto home policies in your current position? He had a fetish to know, bragged his agents close > 90%, ha ha BS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – in person, over his desk, some reference documents, pay scales, commission plans, production quota schedules.

Insurance Agent

I applied online - interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very long and drawn out, from the original recruiter contacting me to the third interview. This process took 4 months before I got a final response on moving forward with the position.

Interview Question – How much do you want to make, I don't know if we can pay you enough.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2012.

Interview Details – One of the major issues with a company that has high turnover is that the hiring managers frequently lack the experience to conduct a proper interview. Having managed sales people before, I was shocked at the simplicity of the process. Truly made me feel that they were just looking for bodies and not interested in my actual experience or abilities.

Interview Question – None really come to mind as being difficult questions. Easy to get hired, tough to meet goals and hang on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary than their average due to my experience, but it still was only for a short period of time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Insurance Agent interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.