MetLife

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

I was called shortly after submitting the application. The interview was later that week. The interview was straightforward and the questions focused on past projects.

Interview Questions
  • An example where I had made a wrong decision and what I had done about it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

I was compared to many students from several colleges citywide. But it was a normal interview. No pressure. Only difference is that everything was out in the open. The salary, flexibility, expectations, etc. I suppose, since it was an interview for an internship they didn't hold back much like most interviewers would. It was very helpful. One other supervisor that I interviewed with flat out told me that I'll only do what she wants me to do. There was no room for flexibility or days off, etc. Harsh. But the others were very cordial and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Its a pretty standard interview. Practice the usual interview questions, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    All internships are paid the same. Its a 6 month paid internship. There's no better way to complete your coursework.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

I found out about an internship opportunity through a friend and submitted my resume and cover letter. I received a call from the manager and met with him one on one. He first asked questions about my resume and my personal life to get to know me. The second interview was to ask a set of questions required by the company which ask you about certain situations you may endure or have endured.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in your past that relates to the work you expect to be doing in the future (Financial Planning)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in March 2011.

The interview was all behavioral questions. I had only two interviews set a couple of weeks apart and both of them asked the same types of interview questions. Neither was too challenging just basic questions like "Name a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were persuasive and describe the situation.   Answer Question
    None

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in March 2010.

Applied online through the Metlife website. Met with the HR director and the interview lasted about 35 minutes. She started off with small talk and asking me about myself. From that the interview consisted of questions regarding past experiences with sales, leadership and dealing with sensitive information. The interveiwer was very nice and said that they were interviewing over 20 other candidates for the position and that she would try and get back to everybody within the next month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to get private information from a friend who was reluctant and how did you get the information from them   Answer Question