MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Through external hiring company, there were 3 rounds, 1 HR screening, 1 Sr BSA technical, then in-person with hiring manager and a video interview. All the interviewers were nice and professional. The scheduling was a pain. They would ask for availability and then reply when most of those days had past. This happened a few times. Once they scheduled an interview super early in the day without regard to the timezone they were looking to hire in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience/background. Describe how you handle conflicting requirements. Do you have experience with financial institutions. Requirements documentation experience.   Answer Question

Client Service Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very great. I applied online and a few days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set a phone screen. I spoke to the recruiter and she asked your basic questions regarding my education, experience, computer literacy skills and my salary expectation. I was then told I would be moving to next round and would be contacted to schedule my in-person interview. I was then contacted and set the interview for the following week. I met with the Director for Client Services and shortly after the AVP for the entire office. Our interview was very open, transparent and conversational. I was able to feel comfortable in the room with these two very important individuals and was able to ask any & all questions I had. I really enjoyed speaking with them both and I feel I made connections with them. The interview with these two individuals was my favorite experience throughout the entire process! I was then told, for transparency which I appreciated a lot, that they have to interview a few more people and would then HR would follow-up with with Yay or Nay. Shockingly I was contacted 2 days later by the Director himself, but I missed the call and left his cell for me to contact him. I very nervously shot a text to him apologizing and we set a conversation for Saturday which was very different. It showed that he made me a priority on his day off and it really impressed me. We spoke that Saturday regarding the offer and I graciously accepted. I cannot wait to start my position with this very reputable company. If you are considering applying definitely do it!

Interview Questions

• No specific questions as our interview was very open and conversational.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Interview was multiple rounds through third party company.
    First round was smooth with some basic technical questions, second round was too technical, and third round was still more technical.
    Whole process took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions on garbage collection, abstract classes and interfaces
      Second round questions on algorithms like finding a missing value from 2 seperate lists and calculate BigO Notation.
      Third type of creation of thread
      Multiple execution methods to trigger threads and manage
      Spring architecture and MVC too
      Outer joins, inner joins, self join
      Hibernate basics

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applied online through MetLife website and received a call from a recruiter a few weeks later. The first step was a phone interview/screening with the recruiter: basic questions related to the position, and confirmation of the job description, schedule, and expectations. Following the phone interview there is an online personality test and job simulation. Once that is passed, an interview is scheduled with a hiring manager.

The interview with the hiring manager is more in-depth. Questions are posed about customer service, professional experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer service and previous experiences in customer service are asked.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the local community college here, I gave her my resume and she passed it along to the hiring coordinator. Was called the next day for phone interview, was then asked to take assessment and personality quiz. The next day I called after I had finished and we set up an interview for the following day. Two person interview, very short. Said it be a few days, then they'd call. After a few days I was offered the job over the phone but the 11 week training course deterred me from accepting.

Interview Questions

The 11 week full-time required training course deterred me from accepting.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, which consisted of very general questions, and then had to complete candidate testing. The testing asked questions like 'how long have you lived in your neighbourhood', 'how are you currently involved in the community', 'how many contacts do you have on your phone, fb, linkedin', etc. I did not pass the testing as I had to put everywhere that I am new to the US and have only been in NY for a couple of weeks. They like people who have a lot of contacts in the area they will be working in so that you can sell to them. The fact that I had inlaws in another state did not matter as I was applying to sell financial products in New York and my license would work in NY only.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your background? What motivated you to consider this position? How long have you lived in New York for? W   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MetLife in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was done quickly and by phone. We talked briefly about what the position entailed and about my own qualifications to do the job. From there, we discussed salary options. The pay was pretty low, so at that point I said my goodbyes and ended the phone call.

Senior Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MetLife (Warwick, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial contact made via email followed by phone interview. It lasted about thirty minutes by a recruiter. Offer to continue with the hiring process was open to me, but salary kept me from moving forward. The typical questions were asked regarding experience, what knowledge you have regarding their products, and educational degrees or certificates.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation, action and result of a time your plan didn't go the way you thought it would   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

For a management position, what I found was a very chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional interview process. In the end Metlife could not offer anything close to my salary expectations which were generous relative to my current salary (at least 25% under).

This is how my phone interview was done. My first interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. To start it off, the interviewing manager was 15 minutes late to the call. Five minutes after my interview started another interviewee joined the conference line. The other interviewee was totally surprised that another interview was taking place. After that interviewee left the conference call my interview was cut down to 10 minutes. Closer to the top of the hour more people started joining the conference call and the interviewing manager abruptly ended the call.

Another piece of information that folks should know about the jobs Metlife is offering in the triangle. These jobs were held by people in other locations being paid at much higher salaries. Metlife is hoping to relocate those jobs to North Carolina and save money by not paying competitive wages. Also you should be aware that these jobs are not free. Just search Google for the huge tax break Metlife gets for each North Carolina employee they hire. Tax breaks that North Carolina residents have to pay for.

As a long time North Carolinian, and tax payer for over 20 years, bringing Metlife to the triangle feels like a misuse of public tax funds.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

First I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Then they wanted to schedule a virtual interview with two hiring managers. I thought there will be technical questions but they were mostly just behavioral and problem solving questions.