MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Analytics Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter and spoke for about 15 min regarding background and salary. Phone interview with the hiring manager for about 45 min, good conversation about the role, department, and asked questions about me to get a feel for fit. In person interview on site with 4 people and then a skill assessment. 2 weeks later I received a call regarding offer. Overall experience good but having interviewed with 4 different people, I was there 1/2 day and some of the questions were challenging

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something to someone in another country that had no knowledge of your skill set?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Use of word bots to select candidates. Use non employees for the first phone interview. Second phone interview with hiring manager went well so I thought. Used words like you sound like a perfect fit. Your exactly the type we are looking for ect. Only to end of with the oldest cliche in the interviewing world " we still have tons of other people to review so we will get back to you". Only to send a bot letter 2 days later to say I was not selected...only to see the position open up again one month later. Total BS!

Director Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After posting my application online and receiving an employee referral I received an email from an internal recruiter to set up a 15 minute call to discuss my background and how it relates to the position. The recruiter was very professional and cordial during the call in which we discussed my skills and experience, covered some boilerplate employment and background issues, and I asked for clarification of what the hiring manager was looking for in the ideal candidate. The recruiter could not directly answer my question but he did suggest what the hiring manager may be looking for based on his prior experience with the manager. Near the end of the call the recruiter clearly explained the following three steps of the manager's hiring process (writing sample, phone interview with manager, panel interview with company) and told me what to expect of each step. I received the writing exercise later in the day and responded to the hiring manager and recruiter within the 48 hour time frame provided in the instructions. The following business day I was informed by the recruiter that the manager appreciated my time but was not interested in setting up an interview, I asked for feedback regarding this decision but no explanation was provided.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to submit to background and drug tests?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Troy, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for interview and met with 2 supervisors. Was asked a lot of situational questions. Was asked to also give specific answers to situations and not to refer to general understandings.

Interview Questions

• How I managed myself in a situation where there was a change to the organization.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Santa Fe, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Three members of board met with me. Applications were received from June 10 through June 20. Email correspondence was exchanged with the lead person involved in screening applicants. Telephone call was received requesting an appointment for an interview the week prior to appointment on July 6.

Interview Questions

• What kind of responsibilities I have had in prior jobs. How do I spend my leisure time?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Through external hiring company, there were 3 rounds, 1 HR screening, 1 Sr BSA technical, then in-person with hiring manager and a video interview. All the interviewers were nice and professional. The scheduling was a pain. They would ask for availability and then reply when most of those days had past. This happened a few times. Once they scheduled an interview super early in the day without regard to the timezone they were looking to hire in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience/background. Describe how you handle conflicting requirements. Do you have experience with financial institutions. Requirements documentation experience.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative- Annuities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was realatively quick applied online and about a week later had phone interview, was ask about my previous experience (background in insurance) and told about the position, which requires a series 6. At the conclusion of the phone interview was told that the next step was to complete an assessment and I was warned of basic math functions were on the test, mainly dealt with percentages and figuring out numerical patterns. Completed assessment later that night and was emailed the next day saying I did very well on the assessment and asked to schedule face to face interview for the following week. Had face to face with head of operations for the Charlotte site. A lot of focus was given to how comfortable you are working in a call center environment, and how disciplined you are to self-study for the series 6 which has to be passed within the first 4 weeks of training, only given 1 shot. Being that I have several insurance licenses already I assured that I was familiar with the dedication needed to pass the exam. We also spoke about growth opportunities that are available after your first year with the company.

Client Service Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very great. I applied online and a few days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set a phone screen. I spoke to the recruiter and she asked your basic questions regarding my education, experience, computer literacy skills and my salary expectation. I was then told I would be moving to next round and would be contacted to schedule my in-person interview. I was then contacted and set the interview for the following week. I met with the Director for Client Services and shortly after the AVP for the entire office. Our interview was very open, transparent and conversational. I was able to feel comfortable in the room with these two very important individuals and was able to ask any & all questions I had. I really enjoyed speaking with them both and I feel I made connections with them. The interview with these two individuals was my favorite experience throughout the entire process! I was then told, for transparency which I appreciated a lot, that they have to interview a few more people and would then HR would follow-up with with Yay or Nay. Shockingly I was contacted 2 days later by the Director himself, but I missed the call and left his cell for me to contact him. I very nervously shot a text to him apologizing and we set a conversation for Saturday which was very different. It showed that he made me a priority on his day off and it really impressed me. We spoke that Saturday regarding the offer and I graciously accepted. I cannot wait to start my position with this very reputable company. If you are considering applying definitely do it!

Interview Questions

• No specific questions as our interview was very open and conversational.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Interview was multiple rounds through third party company. First round was smooth with some basic technical questions, second round was too technical, and third round was still more technical. Whole process took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions on garbage collection, abstract classes and interfaces Second round questions on algorithms like finding a missing value from 2 seperate lists and calculate BigO Notation. Third type of creation of thread Multiple execution methods to trigger threads and manage Spring architecture and MVC too Outer joins, inner joins, self join Hibernate basics   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applied online through MetLife website and received a call from a recruiter a few weeks later. The first step was a phone interview/screening with the recruiter: basic questions related to the position, and confirmation of the job description, schedule, and expectations. Following the phone interview there is an online personality test and job simulation. Once that is passed, an interview is scheduled with a hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager is more in-depth. Questions are posed about customer service, professional experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer service and previous experiences in customer service are asked.   Answer Question