MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview Details – A HR called and send email for a software developer position. Classic HR questions; information about yourself, why do you want to work at MetLife. How much you were making in your last job etc. Turns out some other outsourced HR calls you back from Infusion. This HR asks similar question just like first HR. Waste of time. HR asks pre-selected scripted question. The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience. It seems Infusion wants to hire their own friends or employees. This location has a very high off-shore [INDIA] component and also a very high attrition as they are in a massive hiring phase to meet the 1,200 employee quota to get their tax benefits from the state and Cary. So they fire first than hire. Hence, massive hiring, no investment in the person they are hiring. Finally, very very low salary for the area.

Don’t waste your time. Look somewhere else with better opportunities.

Interview Question – The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Out dated technologies, limited advancement, disorganized it structure.

International Technical Analyst Interview

International Technical Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied for the job online through their website.

After a month, I was called by the HR Specialist for a phone screening round.

Within a weeks time I was called for three in-person interviews at the New York office.

All three interviews were on the same day. Each interview was timed 30 minutes.

In first and third interview I was asked basic questions. The second interview was technical.

Interview Question – In the second interview, I was asked to solve a costing problem taking the current inflation rate into consideration.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was sent an e-mail from a recruiter and moved forward from there. I took a few tests online and got a phone call from 2 different recruiters. Unfortunately, the two recruiters didn't talk to each other, so the second one didn't realize that I'd already gotten a phone call. It was a little confusing for a bit until we figured out what happened. My actual interview was ok. I think that I was asked some important questions and I of course gave honest answers to them. The only thing I would have liked was some additional info on the actual job itself since I'd never worked in a call center before.

Interview Question – They wanted to know if I was willing to work nights. The recruiter had indicated that I'd only work nights maybe 2-3 nights a week, but that was incorrect, so I wasn't expecting this question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Basically, they said that this was what was available and didn't leave any wiggle room.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2010.

Interview Details – Basic review and questions of resume. Example 1- Question: Describe a difficult situation you encountered and how you dealt with it. Example 2 - Question: What is your biggest weakness? excetra....

Interview Question – Explain how you implemented a new GAAP pronouncement.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – The collected my resument in the career fair. I talked to a recruitor and she seemed to be interested in me at that time, asking me if it was ok to relocate.
Then I had one phone interview. Very simple questions like " why do you want to be an actuary".
On site interview included 3 one on one interviews. Two with senior acturies and one with a recruitor and actuary.

Interview Question – VBA and excel skills
What did you do in your last internship?
Do you have any cultural shock coming to US? (I'm an international student)
  Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Mainframe Interview

Associate Software Engineer Mainframe

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I applied online and heard back that same day. I scheduled a phone interview with "HR" who turned out to be an outside recruiter.

I was then informed there would at least three more interviews: a technical interview and two behavioral interviews. Another person from HR sent me an email saying she had scheduled these for Friday the next week. On Wednesday she called me and asked me why I hadn't shown up for the interviews. Turns out she had actually scheduled them for Wednesday, but told me Friday.

They were rescheduled and I was interviewed on site by a developer, I think. After every question I asked him, he asked me if I was ready to leave. I had a technical interview over the phone with a panel of developers. They were the only people who seemed even remotely interested in knowing what I had to offer as a candidate. Another behavioral interview with someone from HR over the phone and finally, an interview with my would-be manager and the director of hiring. They asked me two questions. Two. In all, the process included five interviews spanning two months. Almost no one I spoke with seemed interested in interviewing me, let alone working with me. No one asked me for any kind of references or asked specifically about my work experience. All the questions were canned and came from printed up worksheets.

Overall the process was needlessly excessive and I got the impression that no one really wanted to get to know me or cared about my background. I wouldn't want to work for/with people like that.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you ignored what others thought and insisted on your on method for solving a problem.   View Answer

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Convent Station, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in April 2010.

Interview Details – There are 5 levels of interviews. You are tested on technical skills as well as management skills. You are also tested on communications skills. There are real life situations for interview.

Interview Question – There are lifetime situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Brea, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to get interviewed by met life brea branch. Very professional hiring process. Interview focuses on what you want with your life and if you are available for the job. I advanced for the second interview and given the package to study for the next interview however i didnt feel like i should be in insurance sales. So i didnt pursue the next step. In general if you are ambitious and want to work for commission only. This job is for you

Interview Question – Are you ok to work for commission only?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a phone interview, and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview a few days later. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule and didn't get interviewed until mid-June. When I had my 1:1 interview though, I was asked behavioral questions and was offered the job immediately after the interview. I thought the process was fairly easy. I have never gotten an offer on the spot before.

Interview Question – There were no difficult/unexpected questions. They were all behavioral, so the examples I gave seemed easy for me to discuss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I initially accepted the offer, but because I am relocating and they are not able to tell me what my schedule will be after the 10 week training, I just rejected their offer. I emailed the recruiter to explain my situation which included me relocating with a small child & being the only one available to pick him up from school each day, and she let me know that the hiring manager wasn't able to assist me. The schedule wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the end of the training class and it was going to be between the hours of 8am - 11 pm...PERIOD!! They are not flexible or willing to work with you on schedules or pay, so that did not work for me. Luckily, I have several other offers on the table elsewhere. They just lost the best worker they would ever get!!!

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
Chatham, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MetLife in April 2010.

Interview Details – Regular process. Spoke to the interviewer, had to answer some questions on the computer by myself. Had to come on 3 different days for 3 interviews. The people were very nice, but the at the end of the day they want you to bring all the work, and the salary is not a guarantee

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife interview questions and advice. All 247 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.