MetLife Interview Questions

2.7

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

For a management position, what I found was a very chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional interview process. In the end Metlife could not offer anything close to my salary expectations which were generous relative to my current salary (at least 25% under).

This is how my phone interview was done. My first interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. To start it off, the interviewing manager was 15 minutes late to the call. Five minutes after my interview started another interviewee joined the conference line. The other interviewee was totally surprised that another interview was taking place. After that interviewee left the conference call my interview was cut down to 10 minutes. Closer to the top of the hour more people started joining the conference call and the interviewing manager abruptly ended the call.

Another piece of information that folks should know about the jobs Metlife is offering in the triangle. These jobs were held by people in other locations being paid at much higher salaries. Metlife is hoping to relocate those jobs to North Carolina and save money by not paying competitive wages. Also you should be aware that these jobs are not free. Just search Google for the huge tax break Metlife gets for each North Carolina employee they hire. Tax breaks that North Carolina residents have to pay for.

As a long time North Carolinian, and tax payer for over 20 years, bringing Metlife to the triangle feels like a misuse of public tax funds.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Mostly conversational to get to know you. Then they took me on a tour of the office and described what each person did. The key to the second interview was almost like a homework assignment to go over things of the company.

Project Lead - Testing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

I applied for the title Project Lead - Testing online and in 3-4 days recruiter emailed me regarding the availability for PreScreen and it got scheduled.On the next day recruiter contacted me

Interview Questions
    • my experience , salary expectations ,Visa status , reason for change , expected role and told me about the levels of interview if i am selected for further rounds .The outcome of each levels will be informed via email and then we disconnected the call .Next day i got email stating that "at this time we will not be moving forward with your candidacy for this role."   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in March 2015.

On campus interview, followed by second round interviews at the Irvine office. There was an online assessment test prior to the second round interviews with a mix of verbal reasoning and math problems. Math problems were heavily based on sequence analysis and pattern recognition. After the "final round" I was invited to meet with the regional VP for a final chat.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in March 2015.

First started off with about a 15 min call from HR. She just dived in asking questions, and didn't provide any oversight on the company and position. A couple weeks went by and out pf the blue I get an email to set up time to talk to hiring mgr for an hour on the phone. That conversation was a little better getting a better insight on the position and company. One thing that seemed odd to me is the hiring mgr works remote in a different state while this position had to report to an office. The Mgr told me to follow up with her in a week, so I did. Left about 3 voicemails over a week after. Since I didn't get a reply back I figured they moved on. Things got weird after that.....over 2 weeks later I get a random email from the recruiter asking me to come into the office to interview face to face with someone. Get that scheduled, and the morning of the interview day the recruiter calls and leaves me a voicemail to cancel because they just filled the position. Pretty ridiculous process if you ask me. Hear nothing for weeks, then suddenly want to schedule another step to turn around and cancel the next day.

Property and Casaulty Representative Interview

interviewed at MetLife in March 2015.

I made it to the phone interview which was very easy. I have 5 plus years experience in insurance and they wanted to started me at entry level pay. They would not budge the pay. Now from the interview and what I've read it sounds like they have great benefits and a lot of growth and advancement. But I cannot start at entry level pay anymore and did not want to continue in the process

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in a call center before

What do you like about your current job

What don't you like about your current job

Name your top 3 responsibility from your current job

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MetLife.

I first went through an online interview process, it began as a referral from a friend that knows the director of sales. The process took a little over an hour. I was then called over the phone after I had completed the online interview process, I was called into the office. I was brought into the sales directors office and we went over my answers on the online interview and how well I had scored.

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize a list of objectives from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

I applied through the college career services center during my senior year. The process included an initial on campus interview followed by phone and in person interviews. I was brought to the regional headquarters in Richmond and offered the position. The entire process was quick, straightforward and relatively easy. There were no brain teasers or unexpected questions. The interviews were all conducted by very outgoing HR representatives and I never actually met with another financial adviser.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic and general questions:
      What do you do to handle stress?

View Answer

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

The hiring and interview process was traditional. It included a screening interview over the phone with HR, followed by a number of interviews with the Hiring Manager, several team members and the Department Executive. The last set of interviews were in person in NYC, and MetLife did make the travel arrangements for a full day of interviews. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions regarding insurance operations and benchmarking / best practices.   Answer Question

Budget Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Very proffesional interview process, although a bit lengthy. I was set up for a phone interview for about 20 minutes then was told they will let me know if I made it the next round of an in person interview. About a week or so later, they called me back to set up the interview. I met with 3 people, all of whom were very nice and proffesional. Then after about 2 months with a few follow up emails I was finally told they made someone else an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, it was more job related positions than you should know anyways.   Answer Question