MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process begins with a recruiter that completes any required testing for your position. Once these requirements are satisfied there is a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. One with immediate management followed by one with upper management. They require professional attire at the interview. No visible tattoos and natural hair color.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

First I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Then they wanted to schedule a virtual interview with two hiring managers. I thought there will be technical questions but they were mostly just behavioral and problem solving questions.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

For a management position, what I found was a very chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional interview process. In the end Metlife could not offer anything close to my salary expectations which were generous relative to my current salary (at least 25% under).

This is how my phone interview was done. My first interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. To start it off, the interviewing manager was 15 minutes late to the call. Five minutes after my interview started another interviewee joined the conference line. The other interviewee was totally surprised that another interview was taking place. After that interviewee left the conference call my interview was cut down to 10 minutes. Closer to the top of the hour more people started joining the conference call and the interviewing manager abruptly ended the call.

Another piece of information that folks should know about the jobs Metlife is offering in the triangle. These jobs were held by people in other locations being paid at much higher salaries. Metlife is hoping to relocate those jobs to North Carolina and save money by not paying competitive wages. Also you should be aware that these jobs are not free. Just search Google for the huge tax break Metlife gets for each North Carolina employee they hire. Tax breaks that North Carolina residents have to pay for.

As a long time North Carolinian, and tax payer for over 20 years, bringing Metlife to the triangle feels like a misuse of public tax funds.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job on a Saturday and recieved an email requesting to set up an interivew Tuesday AM. I provided a few times that I was available that week and ended up interviewing with a guy from HR that Wednesday afternoon. In the email he mentioned that it would be a 30 minute conversation and when we got on the phone he said it would be about 20-25 minutes. We spoke for almost an hour! Conversation went very well and flowed great.

He told me that he would get in touch with me within a week, and if I hadn't heard back, to reach out to him. 2 days later, I recieved an email from him telling me that he was going to recommend me to the hiring manager. The process of setting up an interview with the manager was much slower. Will update once this 2nd interview happens.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MetLife and GTO?
      Give me an example of data analysis?
      What are you passionate about? What makes you get up in the morning and go to work?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Mostly conversational to get to know you. Then they took me on a tour of the office and described what each person did. The key to the second interview was almost like a homework assignment to go over things of the company.

Director, Enterprise Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Took over two months, disorganized, at one point sent rejection then said they didn't mean it, finally made me an insulting offer over $50,000 below my current compensation while knowing that I had a superior competing offer from another employer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Mainly focused on my subject matter expertise plus some behavioral.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I applied for the title Project Lead - Testing online and in 3-4 days recruiter emailed me regarding the availability for PreScreen and it got scheduled.On the next day recruiter contacted me

Interview Questions

• my experience , salary expectations ,Visa status , reason for change , expected role and told me about the levels of interview if i am selected for further rounds .The outcome of each levels will be informed via email and then we disconnected the call .Next day i got email stating that "at this time we will not be moving forward with your candidacy for this role."   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at MetLife in March 2015.

Interview

I made it to the phone interview which was very easy. I have 5 plus years experience in insurance and they wanted to started me at entry level pay. They would not budge the pay. Now from the interview and what I've read it sounds like they have great benefits and a lot of growth and advancement. But I cannot start at entry level pay anymore and did not want to continue in the process

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a call center before

What do you like about your current job

What don't you like about your current job

Name your top 3 responsibility from your current job

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in March 2015.

Interview

First started off with about a 15 min call from HR. She just dived in asking questions, and didn't provide any oversight on the company and position. A couple weeks went by and out pf the blue I get an email to set up time to talk to hiring mgr for an hour on the phone. That conversation was a little better getting a better insight on the position and company. One thing that seemed odd to me is the hiring mgr works remote in a different state while this position had to report to an office. The Mgr told me to follow up with her in a week, so I did. Left about 3 voicemails over a week after. Since I didn't get a reply back I figured they moved on. Things got weird after that.....over 2 weeks later I get a random email from the recruiter asking me to come into the office to interview face to face with someone. Get that scheduled, and the morning of the interview day the recruiter calls and leaves me a voicemail to cancel because they just filled the position. Pretty ridiculous process if you ask me. Hear nothing for weeks, then suddenly want to schedule another step to turn around and cancel the next day.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by second round interviews at the Irvine office. There was an online assessment test prior to the second round interviews with a mix of verbal reasoning and math problems. Math problems were heavily based on sequence analysis and pattern recognition. After the "final round" I was invited to meet with the regional VP for a final chat.

Interview Questions

• What is a job you could not do?   1 Answer