MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party for the interview. Any time I told her what times I was available she counter offered - just let them pick a time. Don't bother preparing - 3rd party people read from a script - they just need to fill in boxes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you communicated with a peer and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Claims STD LTD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Bloomfield, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online received call next day for phone screen, few days later received call to set up in person interview on August 10th. Interview went very well was told I would hear in a few weeks, but on way home received call from recruiter with offer. Now going thru background check.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Use of word bots to select candidates. Use non employees for the first phone interview. Second phone interview with hiring manager went well so I thought. Used words like you sound like a perfect fit. Your exactly the type we are looking for ect. Only to end of with the oldest cliche in the interviewing world " we still have tons of other people to review so we will get back to you". Only to send a bot letter 2 days later to say I was not selected...only to see the position open up again one month later. Total BS!

Analytics Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter and spoke for about 15 min regarding background and salary. Phone interview with the hiring manager for about 45 min, good conversation about the role, department, and asked questions about me to get a feel for fit. In person interview on site with 4 people and then a skill assessment. 2 weeks later I received a call regarding offer. Overall experience good but having interviewed with 4 different people, I was there 1/2 day and some of the questions were challenging

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something to someone in another country that had no knowledge of your skill set?   Answer Question

Derivatives Middle Office and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Morristown, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

An unprecedented amount of disrespectful non-responsiveness, misinformation and blow offs. The amount of confusion and disorganization in whatever they call a human resources / talent management (really?) department is laughable. They will be a case study in the future regarding how to destroy the culture in a monolithic too big to fail organization that probably will fail because of its confusing internal spaghetti.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Troy, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for interview and met with 2 supervisors. Was asked a lot of situational questions. Was asked to also give specific answers to situations and not to refer to general understandings.

Interview Questions

• How I managed myself in a situation where there was a change to the organization.   Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Process is slow. First round was scheduled after 4 weeks of initial HR round. Interview went well. This is for full time position. Questions were simple and easy. Overall it is good.

Interview Questions

• General questions like challenges you faces? How you solved,? Questions or issues that came across during design   1 Answer

Director Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After posting my application online and receiving an employee referral I received an email from an internal recruiter to set up a 15 minute call to discuss my background and how it relates to the position. The recruiter was very professional and cordial during the call in which we discussed my skills and experience, covered some boilerplate employment and background issues, and I asked for clarification of what the hiring manager was looking for in the ideal candidate. The recruiter could not directly answer my question but he did suggest what the hiring manager may be looking for based on his prior experience with the manager. Near the end of the call the recruiter clearly explained the following three steps of the manager's hiring process (writing sample, phone interview with manager, panel interview with company) and told me what to expect of each step. I received the writing exercise later in the day and responded to the hiring manager and recruiter within the 48 hour time frame provided in the instructions. The following business day I was informed by the recruiter that the manager appreciated my time but was not interested in setting up an interview, I asked for feedback regarding this decision but no explanation was provided.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to submit to background and drug tests?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Santa Fe, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Three members of board met with me. Applications were received from June 10 through June 20. Email correspondence was exchanged with the lead person involved in screening applicants. Telephone call was received requesting an appointment for an interview the week prior to appointment on July 6.

Interview Questions

• What kind of responsibilities I have had in prior jobs. How do I spend my leisure time?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Through external hiring company, there were 3 rounds, 1 HR screening, 1 Sr BSA technical, then in-person with hiring manager and a video interview. All the interviewers were nice and professional. The scheduling was a pain. They would ask for availability and then reply when most of those days had past. This happened a few times. Once they scheduled an interview super early in the day without regard to the timezone they were looking to hire in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience/background. Describe how you handle conflicting requirements. Do you have experience with financial institutions. Requirements documentation experience.   Answer Question