MetLife

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in November 2011.

phone, face to face interview with multiple individuals, background check and production minimums, testing, licensing if your not already licensed, online knowledge test and profile, write a marketing plan.

Interview Questions
    • How many people could you call right now, and they would be happy that you called?   View Answer
    • If Mr. X's company has a corporate tax rate of 00.00 and a personal tax rate of 00.00, what are some ideas for lowering his overall tax liability? What products might help execute this strategy and how would you structure them? (plus other relevant details.   View Answer
    Bring your book of business, and your product expertise to the table. Sales skills are a must.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MetLife.

I had an interview with MetLife for the Account Executive position in Chicago. In email the human resource manager expressed excitement in meeting me, and though they were polite in person they were a complete 180. After just introudcing myself the representive tried to cut the interview short and it was evident they had already written me off as a candidate.

If you are looking to work for a company that supports diversity and offer viable sustainability to future staff then do not consider MetLife. I find MetLife to be a true hallmark of unethical practices.

Senior Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in February 2010.

I interview from Feb-July and Hired in Nov. Expect to take a lot of test. 3 interviews over that period of time. Will ask tough questions. Better wear a Tux to interview very snooty company. I found a big plus is too make your interview first thing in the morning. I was lived 150 miles north of the regional office so it was a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. They were impressed that I made my interview at 9:00 a.m.. as they knew I left my home early.

Interview Questions
    • A lot is your on line tests before they interview you. They give a personality test which is suppose to tell them if you have the correct personality to be in insurance and claims. Plus the most extensive back ground check I ever seen.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife.

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO
    (Please read Part One)

Part Three:
    Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans.
    Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/
    No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office.
    Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back.

OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do
    And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

There is an interview and then an aptitude test where they rate you 1-10. If you do not score above 7 MetLife ends the process. You can reapply in 6 months. The aptitude test takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete. It is not a joke but very technical with multiple trick answers. There is some math and a lot of psychological questions.

Project Lead - Software Development Engineer (SW Development Eng) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in October 2014.

Your are screened by a recruiter for salary and match to the required responsibilities. Once you get through this process then you are scheduled for interviews. Usually with 2 or more persons depending on the position. But it is all behavioral interviews for the GTO. So brush up on your stories. And the scenarios will not have anything to do with the position but your answers should be relevant to a business scenario. But while you may not be a fit for one category they will keep you in mind and pass your info onto other managers/ colleagues. If you can find someone that already work there and get a referral that would be more helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when a co worker did something wrong or perhaps you did not get along with them and how did you handle / resolve it?   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Went thru total six interviews. One recruiter, two technical and rest BBI questions. Technical and BBI questions. Long drawn out process. Difficult process but positive result at the end.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult but lot of BBI scenario questions.
      Tell me when you had to quickly do something for your supervisor.

Answer Question
    Got more than expected.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

The gentlemen that I interviewed were very professional with a great personality. They asked tough questions that required you to think about past performances.

Interview Questions
    • In what order do you think the important parts of being an adjuster (for mentioned )should go first? Customer service, policy, estimating ,teamwork, and intelligence.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I was offered much more then I asked for.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

There is a 4-step interview process. Once you submit your resume, if they like you, they will call you. There are two phone interviews, one on-campus interview, and a final interview at their main office. They cut people after each round. They start with over 2000 applicants and only hire 20.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question per say, but the third interview wasn't like a regular one. It was also like having a a social conversation, which was weird.   View Answer

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Convent Station, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Convent Station, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in April 2010.

There are 5 levels of interviews. You are tested on technical skills as well as management skills. You are also tested on communications skills. There are real life situations for interview.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations.