MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Assistant Vice President Interview

Interview

3 interviews. hr, 2 individuals with whom applicant would be working. hr interview appeared to be a weeding out process. subsequent were more substantive, but subject to individual personalities. Overall, felt process was subjective, but fair, given level of position.

Interview Questions

• Very specific question with respect to job duties. No necessarily relevant unless applicant was seeking same position.   Answer Question
    • Specific with respect to industry trends.   Answer Question

Competitive, but decided to remain in current position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife (Tulsa, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

I put in an application and received an email about 4 days later to take phone interview.. phone interview was resume explanation.. after they sent test once passed scheduled face to face interview with 2 people .. interview is tomorrow will post another update

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Standard interview with normal questions. Spent a few hours reviewing previous work nothing extremely difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non eventful very straight forward.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was scheduled for a 1 hour long interview. I met with an HR person first and was asked the basic behavioral questions while she took notes. That lasted about 20 minutes and then I met with an Underwriting Consultant for the rest of the hour. He asked more behavioral style questions but were much more specific than the first set. After answering his questions he said they were hiring about 15 people and looking to have a recruiting class in about a month. He also said that there would be a second interview after I complete some aptitude assessments if I am selected and that the whole hiring process should only take 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a group member or superior and how could it have been avoided?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Just got a phone interview after a referral from an employee.

Interview Questions

• Experience in testing business processes   1 Answer

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Simple, straightforward and honest. Not a bad process at all.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years. Always hard from a creative standpoint, but not too difficult in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy peasy.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I was initially brought in and trained as a temporary associate, spent six months as a temp, and was hired based on my job performance.

Negotiation

fairly one sided

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted about the job from a recruiter. I had a phone interview, after which I received an e-mail asking me to come in for a face to face. This was a long process of several interviews in one day. Almost 2 weeks later, they have sent me an e-mail to call them. I am not sure of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult... Greatest accomplishment, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Basic tech questions. They really just went down my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

HR screeners are knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer