MetLife

247 candidate interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – 3 interviews. hr, 2 individuals with whom applicant would be working. hr interview appeared to be a weeding out process. subsequent were more substantive, but subject to individual personalities. Overall, felt process was subjective, but fair, given level of position.

Interview Questions

• Very specific question with respect to job duties. No necessarily relevant unless applicant was seeking same position.   Answer Question
  • Specific with respect to industry trends.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Competitive, but decided to remain in current position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in October 2012.

Interview Details – I put in an application and received an email about 4 days later to take phone interview.. phone interview was resume explanation.. after they sent test once passed scheduled face to face interview with 2 people .. interview is tomorrow will post another update

Architect Interview

Architect

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Standard interview with normal questions. Spent a few hours reviewing previous work nothing extremely difficult.

Interview Question – Nothing was suprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non eventful very straight forward.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Underwriting Analyst
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a 1 hour long interview. I met with an HR person first and was asked the basic behavioral questions while she took notes. That lasted about 20 minutes and then I met with an Underwriting Consultant for the rest of the hour. He asked more behavioral style questions but were much more specific than the first set. After answering his questions he said they were hiring about 15 people and looking to have a recruiting class in about a month. He also said that there would be a second interview after I complete some aptitude assessments if I am selected and that the whole hiring process should only take 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a group member or superior and how could it have been avoided?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Why would you be good at this?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – Just got a phone interview after a referral from an employee.

Interview Question – Experience in testing business processes   View Answer

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Simple, straightforward and honest. Not a bad process at all.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years. Always hard from a creative standpoint, but not too difficult in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy peasy.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was initially brought in and trained as a temporary associate, spent six months as a temp, and was hired based on my job performance.

Negotiation Details – fairly one sided

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – Contacted about the job from a recruiter. I had a phone interview, after which I received an e-mail asking me to come in for a face to face. This was a long process of several interviews in one day. Almost 2 weeks later, they have sent me an e-mail to call them. I am not sure of the outcome.

Interview Question – Not difficult... Greatest accomplishment, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Basic tech questions. They really just went down my resume.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President

I applied online and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – HR screeners are knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Question – What is your management style?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife interview questions and advice. All 247 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.