MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New Delhi (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

applies online. Got a interview call within three days. recruiter himself was so helpful to guide me through the interview. she gave me so many helpful tips about Do's and Don't s. interview was scheduled next after receiving the call. There were two levels of interview, One with agency manager and other with Area manager. It was a more a behavioral interview. Just couple of questions about the life insurance products.

Interview Questions

• what type of life insurance policy would you recommend to a newly parent?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Process took a long time due to scheduling. After months of back and forth all individuals were finally available but once the final decision was made no one took the time to send me a decline. Not an email or a phone call. Indicative of my past experience with this company

Interview Questions

• Question evolved around how I would interact with tenured advisors   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

After some initial (easy) screening interviews, I had a one-on-one talk with somebody from Infusion. This was a great conversation, he proposed a network problem to me, and we spent a lot of time talking about how I would debug it. It told me the interviewer was interested in my thought process, and not whether I could spit out the correct answer to a canned questions (e.g. Java heap generations)

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project you completed in technical detail.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter emailed with the job description and salary rate. Three days later I received an interview confirmation via telephone. two days later the interview took place. The next day I received an offer. Two weeks later I was working.

Interview Questions

• The meeting opened with the interviewer describing the requirements and what the needs were for the posiiton.   1 Answer

Negotiation

That was discussed with the recruiter.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview, the reciuter contact and ask me several questions on my current situations and then hiring manager contacted me. He is very kind and asked many questions about my daily life, such as what I did in my spare time. The overall experience is good and not that serious.

Derivatives Middle Office and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Morristown, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

An unprecedented amount of disrespectful non-responsiveness, misinformation and blow offs. The amount of confusion and disorganization in whatever they call a human resources / talent management (really?) department is laughable. They will be a case study in the future regarding how to destroy the culture in a monolithic too big to fail organization that probably will fail because of its confusing internal spaghetti.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

First round of interview was over the phone interview with a junior project manager; followed by one-on-one interviews in person with a couple of project managers. Final round of interviews with the VP and Senior VP.

Care Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Seffner, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was a 3 step process, first was the initial call to get a feel for your personality and check the work background. Second was an interview with a manager, they want to be sure that your values align with their own- This is a very professional working environment so expect that when going in-- I never got a 3rd interview though.

Claims STD LTD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Bloomfield, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online received call next day for phone screen, few days later received call to set up in person interview on August 10th. Interview went very well was told I would hear in a few weeks, but on way home received call from recruiter with offer. Now going thru background check.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party for the interview. Any time I told her what times I was available she counter offered - just let them pick a time. Don't bother preparing - 3rd party people read from a script - they just need to fill in boxes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you communicated with a peer and what the outcome was.   Answer Question