MetLife

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.7

MTU Technical Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

Applied online, via their website and my universities job board. I did a 30 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral questions. Then you take an online skills test. Then I was asked to do a final interview, I thought it would be with an actual person, but it was with a video conference with a manager. It was also pretty behavioral. No curve ball questions. After that I was given a presentation on the program, and later had lunch with some "pros" that finished the program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to explain some analytic data to someone non-technical.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the biggest project you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you finished and any changes you would have made afterwards.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, generous offer

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in April 2014.

I submitted a cover letter and reumse to the website. A week later I set up a phone interview of about 15 minutes and was scheduled for another phone interview of an hour not long after that. A week later I drove to Raleigh for an interview that lasted just over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How many phone booths are in NYC? How many beers should a cruise ship carry? What's a V lookup used for?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

I was to be interviewed by a Managing Director, but after a 45-minute wait a Financial Services Representative took me to a conference room for a chat. While waiting I observed that employees looked unhappy, stressed out and hurried, some were poorly dressed.
    Selling insurance and annuities on commission is extremely tough and offers the worst earnings yield per time and effort invested anywhere in Financial Services.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "Tell me about yourself and what you can do for our company".   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain

Simple

Java Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

There were a total of 6 rounds, all were behavioral questions and project related. First was HR round, for which third party hiring team is used. Then 2nd and 3rd were technical, where a lot about the prior work experience and their projects were discussed. 4th and 5th were BBIs. If you live within the area then it would be in-person otherwise they are video interviews. Last round is with VP

No negotiation

Director Interview

interviewed at MetLife in November 2014.

I received a first round interview with recruiter about two weeks after applying online. I was asked mostly qualitative questions such as walk me through your resume, why this company, why the position, why I am leaving my current job, what makes me qualified for the role, and what differentiates me from other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with client experience metrics? If so, how do you calculate them?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Program Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus where I was asked why sales? I had no idea, but was able to sell my motivation to succeed the employer. She became a little condescending, giving me backhanded compliments like, "you have a great personality, but I'm afraid you aren't tough enough". It was strategy. I advanced to the final round of interviews where 8 people were interviewing for about 3-4 slots. We interviewed with 6 different people for 30 minutes each, then had to give a presentation on something we were passionate about. Between rotations we were asked to "hang out" in the conference room with the facilitators of the process- some lower-level employees who assisted in the organization of the program. They told us to get to know them and be ourselves, but I think they were watching us closely.

Dental Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in June 2011.

The hiring process was pleasant, and arranged through 2 interviews. The hiring supervisor was personable, as are many of the coworkers. But not all. But you get that everywhere. Their pay is fairly competitive and the hours are often flexible. Yet I think their cube farm office style, keylogging your work, frequent area checks of where you are and how high a volume you've worked, add to the corporate stiffness of Metlife. Worker moral is improved with room for advancement and a calm atmosphere, not by job insecurity and pressure.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find much difficulty in the questions, other than them asking me, what are my weakest points or where do I think I need improvement. Be honest but prepared for such questions.   View Answer
    • They may ask you to describe in detail your last employment.   View Answer

Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MetLife in September 2014.

In person interview with a sales recruiter after a college career fair. After the initial interview it went to a Skype interview and then an in person interview. About a 20 minute interview that was really laid back.

MTU Tech Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Applied through their job portal. Got a mail asking for initial phone interview within 1.5 weeks. In the interview they asked some standard HR questions, like stength, teamwork etc. Also the guy talked about their training program and benefits. In the end he said he will schedule a online test soon. But even after 2 weeks I received no mail. Then I tried to contact them multiple times but no body bothered to even reply. Utterly unprofessional.