MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Brea, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to get interviewed by met life brea branch. Very professional hiring process. Interview focuses on what you want with your life and if you are available for the job. I advanced for the second interview and given the package to study for the next interview however i didnt feel like i should be in insurance sales. So i didnt pursue the next step. In general if you are ambitious and want to work for commission only. This job is for you

Interview Question – Are you ok to work for commission only?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a phone interview, and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview a few days later. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule and didn't get interviewed until mid-June. When I had my 1:1 interview though, I was asked behavioral questions and was offered the job immediately after the interview. I thought the process was fairly easy. I have never gotten an offer on the spot before.

Interview Question – There were no difficult/unexpected questions. They were all behavioral, so the examples I gave seemed easy for me to discuss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I initially accepted the offer, but because I am relocating and they are not able to tell me what my schedule will be after the 10 week training, I just rejected their offer. I emailed the recruiter to explain my situation which included me relocating with a small child & being the only one available to pick him up from school each day, and she let me know that the hiring manager wasn't able to assist me. The schedule wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the end of the training class and it was going to be between the hours of 8am - 11 pm...PERIOD!! They are not flexible or willing to work with you on schedules or pay, so that did not work for me. Luckily, I have several other offers on the table elsewhere. They just lost the best worker they would ever get!!!

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
Chatham, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MetLife in April 2010.

Interview Details – Regular process. Spoke to the interviewer, had to answer some questions on the computer by myself. Had to come on 3 different days for 3 interviews. The people were very nice, but the at the end of the day they want you to bring all the work, and the salary is not a guarantee

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – There is a 4-step interview process. Once you submit your resume, if they like you, they will call you. There are two phone interviews, one on-campus interview, and a final interview at their main office. They cut people after each round. They start with over 2000 applicants and only hire 20.

Interview Question – Not a question per say, but the third interview wasn't like a regular one. It was also like having a a social conversation, which was weird.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

Interview Details – I heard back from a Randstadt recruiter who I spoke with over the phone for 5 minutes. He submitted my resume to another Randstadt person who either passed along my resume or set me up w/ an interview. I interviewed w/ another Senior BSA but no manager. The interviewer told me that they were looking to hire 10-15 BSA's because the company had just done a huge layoff. I was also informed that I could not work from home even a single day per week. I got the impression everyone was unhappy at metlife. After the inteview I immediately told the primary recruiter I spoke with that I was not interested. A day later I heard from the second recruiter who asked if I would still want to go forward and I said no. Also, since they are looking to hire so many BSA's they did not have a clear idea who my manager would be and what line of business and or level (Jr/Sr.) I would be brought in at.

Interview Question – The whole interview was a piece of cake. They are just trying to fill bodies in these roles.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewer made it clear this was not the place to work. Although she did not say it I could piece together from the way she talked about things. Also, no real company does not let people not work from home at least one day a week these days. I also expected salary to be low since they were hiring so many people.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Very unorganized interview process. Interviewers talk about on the job drama and personal info. Very unprofessional and set the tone for a drama filled environment. Having said that everyone seemed they have been an employee for an extended period of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Initial communications took place via email to set up a phone screen about three to four weeks after I submitted my application. They ask the basic HR questions then they set you up with another phone screen, about a week or two later, that has more to do with the position. After that they set up a technical interview, about two weeks later, with two different people. One asked programming specific questions, the other asked data and analysis specific questions. Once those were complete, they told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before I heard anything.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. All interview questions were in line with my expectations.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – I was asked basic background questions regarding education and employment history. I was also asked questions regarding the software packages that I was familiar with. This was just a basic interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior SharePoint Lead Interview

Senior SharePoint Lead
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial call with HR recruiter was pleasant. Follow-on phone screen was somewhat straightforward. In terms of the technical environment, it's hard to match some of the technologies due to how much the company has invested in top notch technology. No mid to small company is able to match that. There was a 2-four week delay between phone screen and in person interviews. This lasted roughly a day.

Surprised to say, I never received any feedback -- positive or negative. There was no closure to the entire process. The process started in Dec 2013--with interviews in Jan 2014 and never got a response (it is now May).

Somewhat disappointed in the fact that there was zero follow up. I understand that with a company as large as Met, things get lost in the woodwork. However, when the advertisement on LinkedIn states "100s of GTO jobs open in Raleigh", it is somewhat misleading.

Interview Question – None - technical questions are on point.   Answer Question

Senior Lead Production Management Interview

Senior Lead Production Management
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very organized and punctual. The phone and face-to-face interviews were done within 1 week and received an offer within 2 weeks. I commend MetLife for making the process streamlined.

Interview Question – The questions are more based on behavior (how would you handle this situation?). Be prepared to discuss your experience with examples of what you did and the outcomes.   Answer Question