MetLife Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

I heard back from a Randstadt recruiter who I spoke with over the phone for 5 minutes. He submitted my resume to another Randstadt person who either passed along my resume or set me up w/ an interview. I interviewed w/ another Senior BSA but no manager. The interviewer told me that they were looking to hire 10-15 BSA's because the company had just done a huge layoff. I was also informed that I could not work from home even a single day per week. I got the impression everyone was unhappy at metlife. After the inteview I immediately told the primary recruiter I spoke with that I was not interested. A day later I heard from the second recruiter who asked if I would still want to go forward and I said no. Also, since they are looking to hire so many BSA's they did not have a clear idea who my manager would be and what line of business and or level (Jr/Sr.) I would be brought in at.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview was a piece of cake. They are just trying to fill bodies in these roles.   Answer Question

Interviewer made it clear this was not the place to work. Although she did not say it I could piece together from the way she talked about things. Also, no real company does not let people not work from home at least one day a week these days. I also expected salary to be low since they were hiring so many people.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at MetLife.

Very unorganized interview process. Interviewers talk about on the job drama and personal info. Very unprofessional and set the tone for a drama filled environment. Having said that everyone seemed they have been an employee for an extended period of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife.

Initial communications took place via email to set up a phone screen about three to four weeks after I submitted my application. They ask the basic HR questions then they set you up with another phone screen, about a week or two later, that has more to do with the position. After that they set up a technical interview, about two weeks later, with two different people. One asked programming specific questions, the other asked data and analysis specific questions. Once those were complete, they told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before I heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. All interview questions were in line with my expectations.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I was asked basic background questions regarding education and employment history. I was also asked questions regarding the software packages that I was familiar with. This was just a basic interview.

Senior SharePoint Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Initial call with HR recruiter was pleasant. Follow-on phone screen was somewhat straightforward. In terms of the technical environment, it's hard to match some of the technologies due to how much the company has invested in top notch technology. No mid to small company is able to match that. There was a 2-four week delay between phone screen and in person interviews. This lasted roughly a day.

Surprised to say, I never received any feedback -- positive or negative. There was no closure to the entire process. The process started in Dec 2013--with interviews in Jan 2014 and never got a response (it is now May).

Somewhat disappointed in the fact that there was zero follow up. I understand that with a company as large as Met, things get lost in the woodwork. However, when the advertisement on LinkedIn states "100s of GTO jobs open in Raleigh", it is somewhat misleading.

Senior Lead Production Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

The hiring process was very organized and punctual. The phone and face-to-face interviews were done within 1 week and received an offer within 2 weeks. I commend MetLife for making the process streamlined.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are more based on behavior (how would you handle this situation?). Be prepared to discuss your experience with examples of what you did and the outcomes.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

Got a call for a phone interview after I filled out the online assessment. After a 20 min phone interview I was scheduled for a in person one the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The made me get on the phone and they pretended to be someone seeking a quote to see how I would do on the phones.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at MetLife.

online interview, recruiter and hiring manager interview. If you get past those, sr. mgt.

Interview Questions
    • behavior based interview for all recruiter interviews.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at MetLife.

Was referred for interview through a networking partner. Recruiter was nice, initial interview was not very difficult or challenging. Office was clean and scenic, nice windows

Senior Tech Lead Interview

interviewed at MetLife in April 2014.

It was 2 rounds of technical and another 2 rounds of BBI. Over all it was smooth