MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process begins with a recruiter that completes any required testing for your position. Once these requirements are satisfied there is a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. One with immediate management followed by one with upper management. They require professional attire at the interview. No visible tattoos and natural hair color.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

MetLife Tech University Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

First I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. Then they wanted to schedule a virtual interview with two hiring managers. I thought there will be technical questions but they were mostly just behavioral and problem solving questions.

Business QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview only. It was by HR person that read from a script, had absolutely no idea what she was talking about when it came to skills required for the position. She asked what software packages I was familiar with (checked them off, was clueless when I mentioned another that could potentially be beneficial) followed by 6-8 or so behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for your company?   Answer Question

Process Improvement Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job on a Saturday and recieved an email requesting to set up an interivew Tuesday AM. I provided a few times that I was available that week and ended up interviewing with a guy from HR that Wednesday afternoon. In the email he mentioned that it would be a 30 minute conversation and when we got on the phone he said it would be about 20-25 minutes. We spoke for almost an hour! Conversation went very well and flowed great. He told me that he would get in touch with me within a week, and if I hadn't heard back, to reach out to him. 2 days later, I recieved an email from him telling me that he was going to recommend me to the hiring manager. The process of setting up an interview with the manager was much slower. Will update once this 2nd interview happens.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MetLife and GTO? Give me an example of data analysis? What are you passionate about? What makes you get up in the morning and go to work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in April 2015.

Interview

Had a first round of interview with the recruiter. After a week was scheduled with a technical interview which went very well. Later I did not receive any response from them. I followed up few times and finally they called up and said that they are looking only for Green card holders. They should have informed about this earlier and not wasted my time. They know already that I am H1-B associate and still continued with my interview process.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was genuine and very smooth. Had 2 phone interviews. One was with the HR which was basically a screening call and one with the hiring manager who asked my projects and some technical questions. Next one was an onsite interview with the hiring manager which was very cool. He asked me about my skills and some behavioral questions. Then he gave me one problem which I had to solve on paper.

Interview Questions

• Apart from technical skills, what non technical skills should a Data Scientist possess?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite model and why?   Answer Question

MTU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarks Summit, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Clarks Summit, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Expedited process it only took about 3 weeks from start to receiving an offer. First round was a phone interview pretty straight forward. The second round was a Skype interview with 2 people and it was more technical and had a good amount of tricky questions. After the second round I received an offer 2 days later.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Mostly conversational to get to know you. Then they took me on a tour of the office and described what each person did. The key to the second interview was almost like a homework assignment to go over things of the company.

Director, Enterprise Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Took over two months, disorganized, at one point sent rejection then said they didn't mean it, finally made me an insulting offer over $50,000 below my current compensation while knowing that I had a superior competing offer from another employer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Mainly focused on my subject matter expertise plus some behavioral.   Answer Question

Principal Branch Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with company recruiter and an on-site interview which seemed to go well. I felt I was probably a good fit, definitely worthy of further exploration from both sides. Then....crickets for a month before the dreaded notification "we are pursuing other candidates". Can only guess why as I received no feedback. I suspect I am too old or too expensive, or both.

Interview Questions

• They worked from my resume and we discussed the experiences, achievements and challenges listed therein. My background was relevant and seemed to be in line with what the company needed.   Answer Question