MetLife

250 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Very Slow in response... used third party for technical round....

Interview Question – Why are you changing jobs in just 2 YEARS   View Answer

Broker Deal Principal Interview

Broker Deal Principal
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to discuss position and answer preliminary questions about my background. The recruiter asked if I would be interested in interviewing with the management team when they came to Charlotte and I expressed interest. She arranged a tentative interview the followiing week. I interviewed with the managers and also was allowed to ask questions of them.

Interview Question – What is your work style and how do you prioritize various functions that have the same level of importance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter made the offer of the salary and informed me of the start date. The manager of the team that I interviewed with, had given salary range and also desired start date. Their initial offer was competitive and I accepted the offer.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – The gentlemen that I interviewed were very professional with a great personality. They asked tough questions that required you to think about past performances.

Interview Question – In what order do you think the important parts of being an adjuster (for mentioned )should go first? Customer service, policy, estimating ,teamwork, and intelligence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was offered much more then I asked for.

Sales Desk Manager Interview

Sales Desk Manager

I applied online - interviewed at MetLife in August 2013.

Interview Details – Told me I had to pay for a last minute flight to Charlotte and taxi fare ($120) to interview. I arrive 30 minutes early for the interview, ended up waiting over an hour. Manager seemed to have forgotten that I was on the schedule. Spent only about 30 minutes in the interview. Afterward, it took over a month for a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Asked about relocation. Didn't realize I lived in NY.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MetLife in January 2010.

Interview Details – One call backs and I was hired. It was pretty painless.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest mistake on the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked, I answered and the next time in I was offered the position.

Human Resources Business Consultant Interview

Human Resources Business Consultant
New York, NY

I interviewed at MetLife in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1st round interview, 2nd round interview

Interview Question – How has your previous experience relate to this job? Please provide examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was called shortly after submitting the application. The interview was later that week. The interview was straightforward and the questions focused on past projects.

Interview Question – An example where I had made a wrong decision and what I had done about it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – It's pretty easy to get an interview. No prior experience necessary. You first have an exploratory interview and then after a background check which takes a few weeks you have a final interview to decide whether you would like the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in October 2010.

Interview Details – two rounds of interviews and a background check by the home office

Negotiation Details – The amount of signing bonus is negotable

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Summer Actuarial Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through the MetLife Careers website and also gave out my resume to them at a career fair. Got a call from someone in the Actuarial Development Program regarding my availability. I thought the initial interview was going to be over the phone, but it was on site. Had one-on-one interviews with three actuaries. They mostly asked about my academic background, experience, why I wanted to become an actuary, etc. They also told me a lot about the company and the kind of work that their actuaries did.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. One of the actuaries gave me a loan repayment problem from exam FM that was not too hard. Another actuary asked some behavioral questions about teamwork, etc that were not that challenging either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay rate was competitive though, so I did not complain.