MetLife

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Internal Audit Interview

I was asked basic background questions regarding education and employment history. I was also asked questions regarding the software packages that I was familiar with. This was just a basic interview.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Warwick, RI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

I went through a temp agency for this position. I never really spoke with MetLife other than for my interview. I had never dealt with a temp agency in my life, so I am not sure if that is how it typically goes.
    Anyways, I had to talk to the recruited for a good 45 minutes on the phone. He took down lots of personal information, and set me up with an interview.
    When I arrived for my interview, I had to wait a long time. Probably the longest I've ever waited.
    I was then interviewed by two gentlemen at the same time. They asked some of the hardest questions I had ever been asked, some of which I think I could have done better on.
    I would say there were easily 20 long answer questions.
    They told me a bit about the position, and then I heard back from my recruiter a week later that I had the job.
    I wasn't planning on taking the job, because I would be leaving my current job without any notice.
    I didn't like that MetLife wanted the start date to be in a little over a week,
    However, they changed the date, and it gave me about 16 days.
    I put the two weeks in at my job, under the impression that everything was set.
    To only find out they had to call all my former employers still, I had to fill out and fax 27 pages to Florida!
    Then 4 days before I'm supposed to start, I get a call "Oh we can't verify one of your employers, we need a w2" Mind you I had recently moved and my house was upside down!
    After hunting and hunting I finally found the paper.
    I then asked "Will I be ready to start this Monday? (It's Thursday) They ignore my question in the e-mail and respond with something unrelated. (this is temp agency)
    So I call up and I say "Hi do you know if I will be all set to start Monday? I need to know where and who to report to,"
    They were very rude and told me they couldn't confirm a start date yet because they were still waiting for everyone to get their paper work in! ...Oh that's nice, three days till I start and you're telling me this now?
    So I am polite and just hang up the phone... But I start getting anxious, that I am going to be without a job come Monday!
    So I send one more e-mail saying "Hello I know you said you don't have a definite start date, but I am wondering if you have an idea? I may pick up some days at my current job because I can't be without pay."
    I basically got another rude response.
    So at that point I asked my current job if I could just continue working there for at least a week, and I was lucky enough that they said yes.
    Less than 3 hours later, I get another call telling me to report Monday morning, as previously scheduled.
    I was livid! I just signed up for hours at my job that has been loyal to me and the only reason I was leaving was I needed more pay. If I reported Monday I'd be leaving my current employer flat!
    I spoke with the manager at my current job told her a brief explanation and she offered to give me my position back as they hadn't found anyone to fill it.
    I was very happy about that, and glad I didn't have to work for a company that was so unorganized that they didn't have any idea about a start date that was happening in 3 days!
    I was mad that I had wasted so much time doing paper work, interviews, drug tests, competency tests... Getting forms notarized ect...
    I do honestly think a lot of the blame was on the Temp agency too though.
    I wrote them a letter on Saturday, telling them I wouldn't be coming in Monday because I had signed up for hours at my current job and couldn't leave them flat. I apologized and thanked them for all their help and consideration.
    I never got a response, only a call before they had read the e-mail asking me why I didn't show...

Interview Questions

They were highly unorganized, didn't respect the general "two week notice" courtesy, It was also a temp position, and talking with two previous employees, I found out the contracts are rarely renewed,

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

online interview, recruiter and hiring manager interview. If you get past those, sr. mgt.

Interview Questions
    • behavior based interview for all recruiter interviews.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Was referred for interview through a networking partner. Recruiter was nice, initial interview was not very difficult or challenging. Office was clean and scenic, nice windows

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

I heard back from a Randstadt recruiter who I spoke with over the phone for 5 minutes. He submitted my resume to another Randstadt person who either passed along my resume or set me up w/ an interview. I interviewed w/ another Senior BSA but no manager. The interviewer told me that they were looking to hire 10-15 BSA's because the company had just done a huge layoff. I was also informed that I could not work from home even a single day per week. I got the impression everyone was unhappy at metlife. After the inteview I immediately told the primary recruiter I spoke with that I was not interested. A day later I heard from the second recruiter who asked if I would still want to go forward and I said no. Also, since they are looking to hire so many BSA's they did not have a clear idea who my manager would be and what line of business and or level (Jr/Sr.) I would be brought in at.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview was a piece of cake. They are just trying to fill bodies in these roles.   Answer Question

Interviewer made it clear this was not the place to work. Although she did not say it I could piece together from the way she talked about things. Also, no real company does not let people not work from home at least one day a week these days. I also expected salary to be low since they were hiring so many people.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

Pretty standard. An hour-long phone interview, followed by a series of face-to-face interviews with the "would-be" team. I think they were trying to be creative with their interview technique, so they kept asking what I would change or improve in their current marketing campaign (also checking if I have done my homework).

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my life outside of work and I mentioned that I recently had a second child. The interviewer got nervous and asked if I was sure that I could attend to all the early morning conference calls with the new baby.   View Answer

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife in May 2014.

Got a call for a phone interview after I filled out the online assessment. After a 20 min phone interview I was scheduled for a in person one the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The made me get on the phone and they pretended to be someone seeking a quote to see how I would do on the phones.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Questions

Wasnt what I wanted to do

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Very Slow in response... used third party for technical round....

Interview Questions
    • Why are you changing jobs in just 2 YEARS   View Answer

Senior Tech Lead Interview

interviewed at MetLife in April 2014.

It was 2 rounds of technical and another 2 rounds of BBI. Over all it was smooth