MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Came in as a referral. Initial interview and personality test. Follow up interview that I got Job. I have heard some have 3 interviews but I had the initial and then offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University. Process took 2 weeks

Met with a manager who had been with Metlife for over a decade. Interview was pure behavioral questions, walk me through your resume, etc, as well as some canned questions (Do you consider yourself a team player, give me your greatest accomplishment, do you have sponsorship to work in the US, etc.)

Did extremely well, built rapport, got the interviewer smiling as well as saying "I agree with you" multiple times. Did not proceed to second round interviews, and emailed the manager asking for feedback.

I was told I hadn't progressed due to expressing interest in moving back to Texas after a decade or so- my interviewer told me Metlife doesn't like training employees only to see them eventually leave. This must also be why the Analyst position is four years instead of 2-3. If you get an interview, tell them you plan on staying in NYC-NJ for the rest of your life, and with Metlife.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go buy-side instead of sell-side?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

First you go through a phone call interview with the head recruiter. It was all fit based questions and they ask questions related to what you want to do. The superday was 3 one on one interviews. All fit questions to see if you are driven. Resume based questions for the phone call and superday.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Interviewed with the Sales Manager. Normal interview questions. Had an online financial test. background check. fingerprinted. Not a difficult interview. reviewed resume. why do you leave former employers? About one hour long.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Commission based job

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MetLife in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an online assessment. Once you pass the online assessment you are considered for an in person interview. Online assessment consisted of three sections. Mathematics, matching, and values.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment was timed. Some of the problems in mathematics section were challenging.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Your are screened by a recruiter for salary and match to the required responsibilities. Once you get through this process then you are scheduled for interviews. Usually with 2 or more persons depending on the position. But it is all behavioral interviews for the GTO. So brush up on your stories. And the scenarios will not have anything to do with the position but your answers should be relevant to a business scenario. But while you may not be a fit for one category they will keep you in mind and pass your info onto other managers/ colleagues. If you can find someone that already work there and get a referral that would be more helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a co worker did something wrong or perhaps you did not get along with them and how did you handle / resolve it?   1 Answer

MTU Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Got an email as soon as I applied online requesting a phone screen. Set that up quickly. Screen was very dry with just canned HR questions, just a lot more vague and cliche than normal. Asked about salary requirements. I asked about morale concerns expressed in reviews on this site (didn't actually mention this site) and received vague answers that tried to glaze over any problems.

I was told I'd be moving on and would receive an online assessment to complete by email. The statement given to me was that it was 'pass/fail' and I'd move on to the next round of interviews depending on the result. I got that a week later and did it the same day. Typical, thought it went pretty well.

I didn't hear anything for over a week, so I sent emails to 2 of the 3 people I had been in contact with regarding the online portion to confirm my online assessment was received. No responses whatsoever. I sent another email to the person I did my phone screen with two weeks after completing the assessment to try and get an update and inform MetLife that I was interviewing with another employer (as they requested during initial phone screen).

No response.

The following day I received a canned email from a generic email account informing me that "Unfortunately, at this time we will not be moving forward with your candidacy for this role due to other candidates more closely matching the job requirements".

This was surprising because I didn't see any weakness in my interviews to that point and was told that the online assessment was pass/fail. It was NOT surprising due to the unprofessionalism HR had shown to that point.

I sent a final email requesting feedback on my interview and have not received a response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online.The process took about 3 weeks.The initial screen was with a HR over email.Next interview was with Tech team over phone. Next I was called at Metlife Office for 2 rounds of Behavioural Interview spanning for 2 hours.

After Behavioural Interview got an email from HR after 2 days that they already have shortlisted another candidate(consultant) who has more knowledge to the specific project.Not sure what is the point in calling me for interview and wasting each other's time. The tech interview was good from subject area relevant to the job.The behavioral interview was very standard.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview and than online assessment test to determine invite to personal interview. I didn't make it to the personal interview because i was not invited because i ethically didn't cheat and wrote notes on the patterns shown in the order they were like it told me not to. The assessment test had nothing to do with what you were going to do on the job or even the concepts of it. so what i learned from the interview is that met-life employees are ignorant, incompetent and unethical people that i probably couldn't stand working with on a day to day basis and i am glad i didn't accept a job with them.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral and tell me what you know about company, not hard. The Assessment online was stupid, you basically had 10 seconds to remember 10 patterns in order on the "critical thinking" part, only way you could do that was take notes fast enough to remember, which is unnecessary and not what is done with the position i was applying for. I applied to greenville sc because i heard in raleigh its very bad, just read some of the reviews on glassdoor and you will understand. After i asked for a statue update the recruiter said she would get back to me and never did. So you have incompetence on that part as well.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Phone interview by outside recruiter, appointment at the MetLife offices by sales supervisor, offer from the recruiter. Interview at offices was long, two hours, but did not include a tour of the facility as it was "confidential" and not available to tour. Long and in-depth background check, drug screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No wage negotiation, hard to reach commission levels due to increase in hiring nationwide. Pay attention to the work hours.