MetLife

250 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Derivatives Interview

Internship Derivatives

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Received the interview after i joined an recruiting agency. Soon after, they ask me to come in for an interview. It was my super day and I had several interviews with different departments in one day.

Interview Question – If you dipped a rubix cube 3 by 3 by 3 in paint, how many faces would have paint on them?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Called me within days of applying

Production Manager Consultant Interview

Production Manager Consultant
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in February 2014.

Interview Details – Wasted two months. 1st interview semi tech-HR for 45 min.+ve FB. Tech interview for 35 min. +ve FB. HR manager interview 30 min. +ve fb. behavioral video 1hr +ve. another behavioral video, but metlife video connection didnt did echoed audio interview 1hr.& f2f with AVP in rush.

Interview Question – They need a person possess abilities and qualities not less than a President or CEO of company with the salary of a tester. If you declare someone under qualification then should not drag a busy IT personnel to such a level and offer them such a low level answers without any clarifications.   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Morristown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – In-house recruiter called to set up an phone screening. The phone screening took less than one hour. It was pretty straight forward with no redundant questions. Then the recruiter set up an onsite interview with the line manager. A few days later I was interviewing with the senior manager. All of the three interviews were very pleasant ones with nice people.

Senior Project Lead Interview

Senior Project Lead
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in December 2013.

Interview Details – 4 step process: HR [outsourced] phone screen, technical interview [unrelated to job spec], 2 behavioral on-site interviews [waste of time].

Interview Question – .Net/C++ questions for a non-technical project lead position. Completely unrelated.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process was long and tedious. The hiring mangers/leads did not have good personalities that represented the company in a positive light. They just seem to be turning the handle. This location has a very high off-shore [INDIA] component and also a very high attrition as they are in a massive hiring phase to meet the 1,200 employee quota to get their tax benefits from the state and Cary. Hence, massive hiring, no investment in the person they are hiring. Finally, very very low salary for the area.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at MetLife

Interview Details – Interview process was comprised of 4 interviewers, one half hour each. Interviews questions were mostly focused on background, skills, and overall fit.

Interview Question – Technical question on database skills, but it was not especially difficult.   Answer Question

Junior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Junior Business Systems Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard. I was contacted to take a technical test online. After passing the test, a phone interview was schedule. No technical questions were asked during the phone screen. I was notified by email that I would be moving to the next stage in the interview proccess. This interview was with three people. Each interview were seperate interviews that were an hour each. Heard back from MetLife between 2-3 weeks that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questoins. Standard interview process. Just be prepared. They are mostly behavior questions.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Lynnwood, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in November 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview with HR specialist (one hour), then phone interview with District Manager (one hour), then 2 more face-face interviews with DM, one w RM (over phone) before oral offer (no official offer in paper?)

Interview Question – what is your closing rate in issueing auto home policies in your current position? He had a fetish to know, bragged his agents close > 90%, ha ha BS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – in person, over his desk, some reference documents, pay scales, commission plans, production quota schedules.

Business Procedures Analyst Interview

Business Procedures Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MetLife in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went to job fair and submitted resume. Was called for an interview. Interviewed with a panel of 10 managers. Gave no job description when asked. Were vague about work hours when asked. Waited over two months to find out if I was hired because the determining manager kept going out of country for business trips.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position. About two weeks went by and I got an email asking to set up a time to do an over the phone interview. The recruiter never called during the specified time, that they provided. After a couple emails, each one asking again for a phone number, they finally did call and the interview lasted for 4 questions. 1. was I legal to work in US. 2 Will I need a visa. 3 how much do I currently make. 4 what is my salary requirement. I told them 60k was my minimum, which is below national average, but after this she "noticed" that I will not be available for 3 months and ended the interview.

Interview Question – Never asked any question past 4 mentioned above   Answer Question