MetLife

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife.

I was sent an e-mail from a recruiter and moved forward from there. I took a few tests online and got a phone call from 2 different recruiters. Unfortunately, the two recruiters didn't talk to each other, so the second one didn't realize that I'd already gotten a phone call. It was a little confusing for a bit until we figured out what happened. My actual interview was ok. I think that I was asked some important questions and I of course gave honest answers to them. The only thing I would have liked was some additional info on the actual job itself since I'd never worked in a call center before.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if I was willing to work nights. The recruiter had indicated that I'd only work nights maybe 2-3 nights a week, but that was incorrect, so I wasn't expecting this question.   View Answer
    There wasn't one. Basically, they said that this was what was available and didn't leave any wiggle room.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Phone screen with HR dept, then brought in to meet with junior team members. A second return interview was with Sr. Vice President. It took a while to hear back from them, even with follow up emails and calls expressing my interest in the job.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted through email that they would like to set up a phone screening. Went through the phone screening and assessment and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview about a week later. The interview was filled with behavioral questions ie. tell about a time that you turned a bad situation into a good one. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes and I was told that I would receive information about the next steps in a few days. Two days later I received a call stating that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you had to prepare for a stretch goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
    The was no room for negotiation.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The collected my resument in the career fair. I talked to a recruitor and she seemed to be interested in me at that time, asking me if it was ok to relocate.
    Then I had one phone interview. Very simple questions like " why do you want to be an actuary".
    On site interview included 3 one on one interviews. Two with senior acturies and one with a recruitor and actuary.

Interview Questions
    • VBA and excel skills
      What did you do in your last internship?
      Do you have any cultural shock coming to US? (I'm an international student)

Answer Question

Information Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

Standard Phone Screen from HR followed by 45 minute phone interview with department supervisor. Then in-person interview with 3 people. Standard approach and questions. Each meeting was approximately 30-45 minutes long.

Associate Software Engineer Mainframe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

This was the worst interview experience I have ever had. I applied online and heard back that same day. I scheduled a phone interview with "HR" who turned out to be an outside recruiter.

I was then informed there would at least three more interviews: a technical interview and two behavioral interviews. Another person from HR sent me an email saying she had scheduled these for Friday the next week. On Wednesday she called me and asked me why I hadn't shown up for the interviews. Turns out she had actually scheduled them for Wednesday, but told me Friday.

They were rescheduled and I was interviewed on site by a developer, I think. After every question I asked him, he asked me if I was ready to leave. I had a technical interview over the phone with a panel of developers. They were the only people who seemed even remotely interested in knowing what I had to offer as a candidate. Another behavioral interview with someone from HR over the phone and finally, an interview with my would-be manager and the director of hiring. They asked me two questions. Two. In all, the process included five interviews spanning two months. Almost no one I spoke with seemed interested in interviewing me, let alone working with me. No one asked me for any kind of references or asked specifically about my work experience. All the questions were canned and came from printed up worksheets.

Overall the process was needlessly excessive and I got the impression that no one really wanted to get to know me or cared about my background. I wouldn't want to work for/with people like that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you ignored what others thought and insisted on your on method for solving a problem.   View Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

There is a 4-step interview process. Once you submit your resume, if they like you, they will call you. There are two phone interviews, one on-campus interview, and a final interview at their main office. They cut people after each round. They start with over 2000 applicants and only hire 20.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question per say, but the third interview wasn't like a regular one. It was also like having a a social conversation, which was weird.   View Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Very unorganized interview process. Interviewers talk about on the job drama and personal info. Very unprofessional and set the tone for a drama filled environment. Having said that everyone seemed they have been an employee for an extended period of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Initial communications took place via email to set up a phone screen about three to four weeks after I submitted my application. They ask the basic HR questions then they set you up with another phone screen, about a week or two later, that has more to do with the position. After that they set up a technical interview, about two weeks later, with two different people. One asked programming specific questions, the other asked data and analysis specific questions. Once those were complete, they told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before I heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. All interview questions were in line with my expectations.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in June 2014.

I applied online, had a phone interview, and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview a few days later. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule and didn't get interviewed until mid-June. When I had my 1:1 interview though, I was asked behavioral questions and was offered the job immediately after the interview. I thought the process was fairly easy. I have never gotten an offer on the spot before.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult/unexpected questions. They were all behavioral, so the examples I gave seemed easy for me to discuss.   Answer Question

I initially accepted the offer, but because I am relocating and they are not able to tell me what my schedule will be after the 10 week training, I just rejected their offer. I emailed the recruiter to explain my situation which included me relocating with a small child & being the only one available to pick him up from school each day, and she let me know that the hiring manager wasn't able to assist me. The schedule wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the end of the training class and it was going to be between the hours of 8am - 11 pm...PERIOD!! They are not flexible or willing to work with you on schedules or pay, so that did not work for me. Luckily, I have several other offers on the table elsewhere. They just lost the best worker they would ever get!!!