MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

MTU Tech Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applied through their job portal. Got a mail asking for initial phone interview within 1.5 weeks. In the interview they asked some standard HR questions, like stength, teamwork etc. Also the guy talked about their training program and benefits. In the end he said he will schedule a online test soon. But even after 2 weeks I received no mail. Then I tried to contact them multiple times but no body bothered to even reply. Utterly unprofessional.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Went thru total six interviews. One recruiter, two technical and rest BBI questions. Technical and BBI questions. Long drawn out process. Difficult process but positive result at the end.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult but lot of BBI scenario questions. Tell me when you had to quickly do something for your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got more than expected.

Oubound Team Interview

Interview

The interview process was great. The supervisor were very nice and they basically want to know about your customer service skills. They ask you about specific situation and behaviors.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would be explain a situation where you did not provide the best customer service to a customer. They do not want you to say no I haven't because they want you to show how you learn from that experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

100% unprofessional hiring processes. Consistent lack of communication and response to messages from recruiter and hiring team. No one wanted to take ownership of situations and passed the buck repeatedly, I could never get a solid answer, and they dragged the process out 4 months. Most of the time, I had to do their job for them by calling FINRA about my licenses and getting my drug test information. Not a company I would want to join after the way they conducted this process.

Interview Questions

• If talent and money were not an issue, what would be your dream job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Applied through university. In-person interview was all behavioral questions, questions about the company. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview in Aurora, IL. Second interview was also behavioral. I felt it went well, it was pretty easy and no technical or case questions. Got rejection e-mail the next morning.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Edison, NJ).

Interview

made you take an online assessmenet to see if your skills match what they need. after that, they will email you back saying you passed the threshold for the assessment and give you an interview pretty easy interview.. they just asked about myself and see if your a good fit. then she went on to explain metlife itlsef- the product it sells and what not. i felt like they were trying to sell me to work for them. i didn't want to work for commission

Interview Questions

position didn't match what i was looking for

MTU Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied at 3AM one night, and received an email the next morning asking if I could do a phone screening. The phone screening was standard, although they asked for a salary requirement (please research that before going into it). I said a number much smaller than I ended up receiving, but I wish I could have said more still. Then, I was contacted to complete an "intelligence" assessment. This was the only ridiculous and ludicrous part of the whole process. It's basically a bunch of matching and math, stuff that probably has no bearing on my likely performance in the company. Lastly, I passed that and qualified for an in person interview. I think it was 3 hours long, with the first hour being with one PM, the second being with a PM and another employee, and the third being essentially a sales pitch by MetLife. By this point, I knew I was getting the job because of how nice they were and aggressive with selling the job. The first interview was very cookie cutter, he literally had a sheet of questions to ask me. The interviewer was very nice and helped me if I needed elaboration on a question, of if I answered it in a way he didn't intend me to. He was kinda nerdy, but still easy to talk to. He asked me to write a class in Java that was basically a column data type with fields and such. I did well, but he coerced me when I got something backwards. He was very personable and showed me some of his projects as well. He did not leave me much time for questions. The second interview was strictly behavioral, but in a conversational way. We were laughing and joking, the other employee was a Duke grad, and we butted heads jokingly since I was at UNC. The PM felt like the cool uncle with a contagious smile. It was typical "how do you think you fit in this role?" "Why MetLife?" type questions, while the first interview was more like "Tell me about a time when you faced adversity/leadership/etc." Then the second half of it was almost exclusively me asking questions. After that, I was shown the current MTU employees and I chatted with them a bit. My guess is MetLife was testing me to see if I could fit the culture, and I know I did. I recognized some from college. Last was the sales pitch thing, which was a chance for more questions, such as dress code, questions about promotions, that type of HR stuff. I think the next day I got the offer, and I accepted about two weeks later. I did not negotiate, because the way the offer was presented, it didn't seem like they would negotiate. I should have asked for 10-20% more.

Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO (Please read Part One) Part Three: Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans. Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/ No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office. Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back. OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions

• Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question

Disability Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week, which consisted of behavioral based questions. The recruiter advised that she would forward my application to the hiring manager and then she would contact me if they chose to move forward. About a week later I was contacted by email to schedule the in person interview. I was scheduled to meet with two hiring managers. On the day of the interview I signed in and one of the managers came and got me. I met with her first, she basically went over my resume and experience. After that I met with a team lead, who was a bit arrogant but I kept my cool, he asked questions about my experience, and about what I thought the job entailed. I then say with someone on the floor and talked with her about the job. After that I spoke with the second hiring manager, who then took me to meet with his manager. I was told that I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you think the job entails? How to do you prioritize   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Panel.interview. Basic scenario questions. .tell me about a time when....They were specific about when they would be making their decision and it I received a call about the time they specified. Overall one the easier interviews ive had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to help someone else with an assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation