MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

Production Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in February 2014.

Wasted two months. 1st interview semi tech-HR for 45 min.+ve FB. Tech interview for 35 min. +ve FB. HR manager interview 30 min. +ve fb. behavioral video 1hr +ve. another behavioral video, but metlife video connection didnt did echoed audio interview 1hr.& f2f with AVP in rush.

Interview Questions
    • They need a person possess abilities and qualities not less than a President or CEO of company with the salary of a tester. If you declare someone under qualification then should not drag a busy IT personnel to such a level and offer them such a low level answers without any clarifications.   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in February 2014.

My interview process was ok but others had a disaster. Some of the managers are good interviewers and others not so good. Pretty standard questions.

The interview was average. The company spends a lot of time selling culture and they don't back it up. Don't believe it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising. However, some of my friends were asked about different jobs in the interview, but they were told they were being considered for other jobs. It was weird.   View Answer
    They came in a little low but we worked it out. They don't have an employee stock purchase plan.

Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview is not bad kindof laid back.

They wouldn't negotiate.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

The hiring process took a little over 1 month and included 3 separate face to face interviews.

Senior, Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife.

Generally hire from within, many start at entry level phone support and work their way up

Interview Questions
    • when going in for an inside sales position, will ask you to promote a product you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

I applied online for this position. About two weeks went by and I got an email asking to set up a time to do an over the phone interview. The recruiter never called during the specified time, that they provided. After a couple emails, each one asking again for a phone number, they finally did call and the interview lasted for 4 questions. 1. was I legal to work in US. 2 Will I need a visa. 3 how much do I currently make. 4 what is my salary requirement. I told them 60k was my minimum, which is below national average, but after this she "noticed" that I will not be available for 3 months and ended the interview.

Senior SharePoint Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Initial call with HR recruiter was pleasant. Follow-on phone screen was somewhat straightforward. In terms of the technical environment, it's hard to match some of the technologies due to how much the company has invested in top notch technology. No mid to small company is able to match that. There was a 2-four week delay between phone screen and in person interviews. This lasted roughly a day.

Surprised to say, I never received any feedback -- positive or negative. There was no closure to the entire process. The process started in Dec 2013--with interviews in Jan 2014 and never got a response (it is now May).

Somewhat disappointed in the fact that there was zero follow up. I understand that with a company as large as Met, things get lost in the woodwork. However, when the advertisement on LinkedIn states "100s of GTO jobs open in Raleigh", it is somewhat misleading.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Filled out application online. Got an email from an HR recruiter a week or two later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of behavioral questions and questions about work experience and resume. Recruiter then said that I would be contacted in a few days if I made it to the next round. Got an email a week or so later with links to take three tests (analytical, math word problems, reading comprehension). After taking the tests (pretty easy) I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later saying that I had passed the tests and they wanted an in person interview. Recruiter gave two lists of 4 or 5 questions each, basic behavioral questions then went into how I should answer them with much detail and use the STAR method. Interview consisted of meeting separately with two managers in the underwriting department. Each asked one of the sets of questions. In the end my answers weren't detailed enough, they wanted an incredibly high amount of detail, more than I thought was necessary, so I wasn't asked to come in for a second round of in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are all given to you prior to interview. Give as much detail as you can in your answers, then give even more.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

A HR called and send email for a software developer position. Classic HR questions; information about yourself, why do you want to work at MetLife. How much you were making in your last job etc. Turns out some other outsourced HR calls you back from Infusion. This HR asks similar question just like first HR. Waste of time. HR asks pre-selected scripted question. The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience. It seems Infusion wants to hire their own friends or employees. This location has a very high off-shore [INDIA] component and also a very high attrition as they are in a massive hiring phase to meet the 1,200 employee quota to get their tax benefits from the state and Cary. So they fire first than hire. Hence, massive hiring, no investment in the person they are hiring. Finally, very very low salary for the area.

Don’t waste your time. Look somewhere else with better opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not so difficult; however, It questions HR asking technical questions? It seam it does not matter developer skill and experience.   Answer Question

Out dated technologies, limited advancement, disorganized it structure.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

I applied online and within a week I had a call for an on-site interview in Bloomfield, CT. The interview that day was about three hours, three interviews and lunch afterward. Everyone in the office was really friendly; it was a relaxed environment. Overall, none of the questions asked unexpected or hard, but just to get a better idea of who you are. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to go into the actuarial science field?   Answer Question