MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

MTU App Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Started out with basic HR rep asking me questions like "What does diversity mean to you?", second interview was a test on your logic and reasoning skills, then got invited to either do a webcam interview or an in person interview - did the webcam interview as I am not near the offices. This last round I had two separate hiring managers ask me some very basic questions similar to what HR asked. Heard back 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain a technical issue to a non-technical person and how you would explain yourself.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

interviewed at MetLife in November 2014.

Interview

I received a first round interview with recruiter about two weeks after applying online. I was asked mostly qualitative questions such as walk me through your resume, why this company, why the position, why I am leaving my current job, what makes me qualified for the role, and what differentiates me from other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with client experience metrics? If so, how do you calculate them?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Aurora, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied through my university and got an on campus interview with a recruiter who was an alumni of my school. A few days later, I got asked via email to come to the office in Aurora and interview with another hiring manager. Same interview as the on campus one, basic behavioral, just with a different person. The next day I got a call and got the job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The first was an easy introductory interview asking basic background questions. They then had me take an online assessment. The final round was to be a 3-hour visit at their Durhan, NC location but I wasn't in the local area so I opted out for a video/phone interview. Though they said it was a technical interview, I was not asked any technical questions; it was mainly behavioral questions framed in what technologies I used for the project I was describing.
    It was a nice experience overall though. All of the interviewers I spoke with were really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name some of the analytical tools you used to define problem scopes.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Very cordial people - all promising and positive discussions leading to a verbal offer which I agreed to. People in NYC and bridgewater very interested in types of jobs and opportunities I might be interested in which led to discussion with 2 hiring managers for potential job fit. Only one hiring manager followed through with next step interview. All went well until final week after negotiations...

Interview Questions

• Typical questions around strengths and areas of development opportunity   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume on MetLife.com, then was emailed a few weeks later for a phone screening. The phone screening was about an hour and was a run down of the job description, pay, training, and requirements, as well as some basic behavior questions and review of resume. I then did a test which was about and hour and a half. The test is pretty easy if you have experience in a call center. I personally had a technical issue with the letters showing up if I typed too fast which slowed my typing speed, but luckily I passed. I was then contacted the next day for an interview that afternoon. I sat in with the manager and was asked a few questions and was told what to expect while working there and then was offered the position. A few days later I had to do a background and drug test which was a bit tedious but everything went through fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. The pay is pretty good, with bonuses and great benefits.

Remittance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Their process is a little slow but you can always contact them recruiter. I was very nervous but thought the interview went well. The manager went over the job in such detail that I actually had a clear understanding of them position.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Metlife instead of going back to my previous employer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The process took about three weeks in total. It began with one pre-interview (HR phone call). This was just a screening phone call, and was very easy. Then one in-person interview with two staff members in the Bridgewater office. This interview lasted about one hour. It was straightforward without any unexpected questions.

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked my reasons for wanting the position. After answer that, they invited me to have a phone interview. However, they never contacted to set up the phone interview. Then, they emailed me to have an on campus interview. When I showed up for the interview the recruiter had not written me down on her schedule, was unprepared and argued that we were not supposed to interview. We had the interview anyways although it was awkward because she was in the middle of lunch and did not have anything ready. Unsurprisingly, I ended up not getting another interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Came in as a referral. Initial interview and personality test. Follow up interview that I got Job. I have heard some have 3 interviews but I had the initial and then offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None