MetLife Interview Questions

2.7

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife in September 2014.

Applied online, then phone screen, then onsite with 6 people in the department.

Everyone was pretty nice and friendly. Most interviewers stuck to a script of behavioral questions. I feel as though I might have been too passive and really only responded to the questions as opposed to selling myself. I interviewed with 6 people total, each 1 on 1. The boss came in last and didn't spend much time with me so I suppose the verdict had been decided prior to her entering the room. I never received any contact after the interview notifying me one way or another despite being told I would hear back within a week. I did reach out to the HR contact that had scheduled the interview via email and still no reply. I felt that was a little rude. Everyone was pleasant to me at the interview though. What I took away was that I should have actively injected more concrete examples of having used applicable skills as opposed to simply replying to inane behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were animal what animal would you be?   View Answer

Senior IT Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MetLife.

The overall process was Very Good and professional. Right from start to finish, there was a complete co-ordination from HR, Logistics, and the Senior Management. The process was thorough from Phone call, one to one, group interview, scheduling and on-boarding process.

Was typical

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MetLife.

Three interviews, not difficult, but it took a while to complete the three rounds. Advice will be to be prepared. Read about the company, read as much interview questions from online as possible, get answers ready.

It was in my range of expectations, so it was easy.

Manager Business Systems Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

I applied directly on their website. I received an email from a recruiter in response to my application. An interview was scheduled by a recruiting coordinator. The process was very smooth. The associates I communicated with (recruiting and hiring managers) were very nice and forthcoming with what to expect during the interview process. Although I was not offered a job, I will apply with this company again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't run into any unexpected or difficult questions. I only made it to the 2nd interview. Perhaps the tricky questions would have come during the 3rd.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster (AIU) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

I was offered the above position with MetLife. I passed the background check except for my credit. I have been unemployed for eight months and no income. My bills have fallen behind during this time. The Due Diligence team emailed and asked if I was making payments/paid off the collections accounts. I immediately contacted the individual who was assigned to my case and she wasn't available. I explained my situation to another team member and she asked if I would reply to email explaining the situation (I did). She stated she would speak with the person who was on my case. At a later date (one week) I followed up with the team again reaching out to the assigned individual of my case and once again I was told she wasn't available and my case was under review. A third time I called to make sure if I needed to provide any other supporting documentation and I was told the individual was not available and that I would be receiving a call soon. On September 4, 2014 prior to a start date of September 8, 2014, I received a call from Dawn Miller stating MetLife was rescinding on the job offer letter because my credit was not good. I was asked why now after being offered this position August 6, 2014. I explained once again my situation and I was told my case had been under review and that management and Due Diligence had made this decision not to move forward. I explained that I was qualified for the position and have a degree, but because of my credit I'm denied employment! Total discrimination! I was lastly told I was welcome to apply for other positions in the company that did not require good credit, although I wasn't being considered for anything else. On Monday, September 8, 2014 I received a signature required envelope from MetLife that spoke about rescinded offer.

Interview Questions
    • I experienced no difficult questioning. The first interview went well and during this time it was discussed about credit check. I was told it was not a big deal. If bills are in collections it would be asked for one to take care of them. I didn't think anymore about a credit check. It was obvious that my credit wasn't looked at prior to unemployment.   Answer Question
    Don't believe an employer about credit checks unless they are truly interested on who you are and what you will bring to the company. The pay was starting comfortably.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in August 2014.

There is an interview and then an aptitude test where they rate you 1-10. If you do not score above 7 MetLife ends the process. You can reapply in 6 months. The aptitude test takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete. It is not a joke but very technical with multiple trick answers. There is some math and a lot of psychological questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife.

I was sent an e-mail from a recruiter and moved forward from there. I took a few tests online and got a phone call from 2 different recruiters. Unfortunately, the two recruiters didn't talk to each other, so the second one didn't realize that I'd already gotten a phone call. It was a little confusing for a bit until we figured out what happened. My actual interview was ok. I think that I was asked some important questions and I of course gave honest answers to them. The only thing I would have liked was some additional info on the actual job itself since I'd never worked in a call center before.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if I was willing to work nights. The recruiter had indicated that I'd only work nights maybe 2-3 nights a week, but that was incorrect, so I wasn't expecting this question.   View Answer
    There wasn't one. Basically, they said that this was what was available and didn't leave any wiggle room.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Phone screen with HR dept, then brought in to meet with junior team members. A second return interview was with Sr. Vice President. It took a while to hear back from them, even with follow up emails and calls expressing my interest in the job.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted through email that they would like to set up a phone screening. Went through the phone screening and assessment and was scheduled for a 1:1 interview about a week later. The interview was filled with behavioral questions ie. tell about a time that you turned a bad situation into a good one. Interview only lasted about 15 minutes and I was told that I would receive information about the next steps in a few days. Two days later I received a call stating that they wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you had to prepare for a stretch goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
    The was no room for negotiation.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The collected my resument in the career fair. I talked to a recruitor and she seemed to be interested in me at that time, asking me if it was ok to relocate.
    Then I had one phone interview. Very simple questions like " why do you want to be an actuary".
    On site interview included 3 one on one interviews. Two with senior acturies and one with a recruitor and actuary.

Interview Questions
    • VBA and excel skills
      What did you do in your last internship?
      Do you have any cultural shock coming to US? (I'm an international student)

Answer Question