MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Lead Business Systems Analyst
Somerset, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR representative that scheduled a phone interview. This was a 10 minute discussion to get a general idea of my qualifications and salary requirements. She also discussed the process steps for being hired.
Within the day, she contacted me to let me know that the Application Director was interested in setting up a phone interview. A few days later, i had a 30 minute phone interview with the director of the group. This was a more detailed discussion of my experience. Asked some more specific questions as to my approach in doing my job. At the end of the conversation, he stated that he would be interested in bringing me in for an interview with his group.

One day later, I was contacted by HR to set a specific date and time. The following week, I went in to the Somerset campus for an interview. Met with 2 application managers for an hour and then the 2 directors for an hour. Pretty casual and laid back discussion. really asked questions that allowed you to talk about your experience. if you know your job, this is a pretty easy conversation. I felt it was a good interview and the people were friendly.

Within an hour after I left, I was called by the director with a job offer.

The whole process took 3 weeks because once I accepted, the background check and drug test are still required. Background check takes about 2 weeks. No formal offer letter is sent until all checks are completed and passed.

I spoke with director about work flexibility due to my family responsibilities - he was very open to work flexibility. I heard this from my friend who also works here but in a different group.

Interview Question – How do you go about analyzing a requirement? what are the exact process steps you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate vacation - starting vaction is 3 weeks but I had 4 weeks at my previous job. But this is not flexible. Director said they are flexible with work from home and taking time off, so that he would work with me if I really needed time off. Salary offered was about 13% more than I was making at my previous job, so I thought this was very fair. I did not attempt to negotiate anything else.

When considering a job offer, besides salary ( which is important), also need to consider commuting costs, and work flexibility. When I took these into account for me, this was a great opportunity. My previous employer was not flexible at all.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Lead Business Systems Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.