MetLife

MetLife Marketing Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in August 2013.

After applying for the position a recruiter contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. She gave me a few options for days and times. I replied with what worked best for me but when she followed up she confirmed the time in her time zone which was 3 hours ahead of me and not possible. I was polite and apologetic in my response, letting her know I wasn't aware she was in a different state. (How would I know this? I couldn't have known this. She contacted ME via email and I didn't apply for a job on the other side of the country.)
When she responded she didn't reciprocate an apology but was very matter of fact, which should have been my first clue that she would be a nightmare to deal with.
Over the next FIVE days she rescheduled my interview FOUR times! in her last communication with me she gave me a few more options for best times so I picked one that was a few days out but heard nothing else. On the day that I had requested I was home but didn't expect a call since she never confirmed. I wasn't right next to my phone and wasn't able to get to in time when at 1:07 (I had requested a 1pm) she was calling. I listened to her voicemail and called right back, literally less than 2 minutes later but when she answered she was obviously annoyed with me saying
"You're going to have to give me a minute. I closed your information and had already moved on to the next candidate. Now I have to pull it all back up."
One question, what company would hire a person if they reschedule an interview multiple times, never confirm the final appointment , show up 7 minutes late AND was rude?

This was THE most unprofessional and disrespectful interview process I've ever gone through.

Interview Questions
  • Very basic interview questions. Nothing personal or creative. Interview 101.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in February 2010.

I was hired as a marketing assistant for an individual financial advisor. The initial contact was through a phone interview. She asked me very basic questions about my aspirations and goals and told me to come in for an in-person interview. During the first interview, she questioned my resume and asked about my experience. I was also able to meet the financial advisor that I'd be working for. For the second interview, I was interviewed by the sales director. From there, the sales director decided if I was the right fit for the office. After that interview, they emailed me a request to take a personality and IQ test. After the test, I had to come in the office again for an overview of the test results and that's when they hired me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you propose a new marketing strategy for the financial advisor?   View Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in December 2009.

It was a pretty plain interview. Got asked about my aspirations and goals, mostly the typical behavioral questions. Standard questions about my experiences and how they related to the company.