MetLife

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a call from a recruiter, who read me the job description and set up the interview immediately. I interviewed for a position as a sales person for financial planning services- fee based. i asked why someone would pay for this planning when they could get it for free at Fidelity or Schwab. He did not have a good answer. He did not ask me any questions about my background. He just wanted to tell me about the company and what the goals were. At the interview he said he would send me a link to take a test as the next step in the interview process.

Interview Question – no questions asked that I can remember   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want a 100% commission job where you have to find your own leads. They said they give you leads, but when I asked, he said it only accounted for 50% of the appts.

Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview first consisted of a phone interview from HR that lasted about 30 minutes, it was a typical behavioral interview. Wanted to know why an interest in Sales. The next round was a one on one interview with the manager I was going to be working under if they hired me. Overall it was a positive experience and I would recommend the company.

Interview Question – Why Sales?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in August 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview/presentation followed by a personality test that took about 2 hours. After the test, waited to hear back, did hear back via email that I was not chosen to continue in the interview process

Interview Question – Personality test   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Sales interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.