MetLife

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife.

Had one in person, on campus interview. Need to be very interested in sales for this job. If you're not, they will be able to tell and will not offer you the position.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked my reasons for wanting the position. After answer that, they invited me to have a phone interview. However, they never contacted to set up the phone interview. Then, they emailed me to have an on campus interview. When I showed up for the interview the recruiter had not written me down on her schedule, was unprepared and argued that we were not supposed to interview. We had the interview anyways although it was awkward because she was in the middle of lunch and did not have anything ready. Unsurprisingly, I ended up not getting another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

There is a 4-step interview process. Once you submit your resume, if they like you, they will call you. There are two phone interviews, one on-campus interview, and a final interview at their main office. They cut people after each round. They start with over 2000 applicants and only hire 20.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question per say, but the third interview wasn't like a regular one. It was also like having a a social conversation, which was weird.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Applied online through my University's career center website. Emailed a few days later saying I had been selected to interview for the position. First interview was on campus, one-on-one with Program Director. Very conversational and informal. Was told it would be a few months until the final round interviews would take place. Had final round interview a month and a half later at the corporate office. Half day consisting of six back-to-back thirty minute interviews with a few breaks in between. All interviews were very conversational, not a lot of behavioral or situational type questions. Really just want to get to know you as a candidate and for you to get to know MetLife as a company. Was called a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Extremely conversational, just be yourself! Was asked why I wanted to work in the Insurance industry and why I wanted to work for MetLife.   Answer Question