MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had a phone interview, and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview a few days later. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule and didn't get interviewed until mid-June. When I had my 1:1 interview though, I was asked behavioral questions and was offered the job immediately after the interview. I thought the process was fairly easy. I have never gotten an offer on the spot before.

Interview Question – There were no difficult/unexpected questions. They were all behavioral, so the examples I gave seemed easy for me to discuss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I initially accepted the offer, but because I am relocating and they are not able to tell me what my schedule will be after the 10 week training, I just rejected their offer. I emailed the recruiter to explain my situation which included me relocating with a small child & being the only one available to pick him up from school each day, and she let me know that the hiring manager wasn't able to assist me. The schedule wouldn't be available until 2 weeks before the end of the training class and it was going to be between the hours of 8am - 11 pm...PERIOD!! They are not flexible or willing to work with you on schedules or pay, so that did not work for me. Luckily, I have several other offers on the table elsewhere. They just lost the best worker they would ever get!!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was initially brought in and trained as a temporary associate, spent six months as a temp, and was hired based on my job performance.

Negotiation Details – fairly one sided

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Senior Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.