MetLife

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in June 2011.

I was contacted by HR representative that scheduled a phone interview. This was a 10 minute discussion to get a general idea of my qualifications and salary requirements. She also discussed the process steps for being hired.
    Within the day, she contacted me to let me know that the Application Director was interested in setting up a phone interview. A few days later, i had a 30 minute phone interview with the director of the group. This was a more detailed discussion of my experience. Asked some more specific questions as to my approach in doing my job. At the end of the conversation, he stated that he would be interested in bringing me in for an interview with his group.

One day later, I was contacted by HR to set a specific date and time. The following week, I went in to the Somerset campus for an interview. Met with 2 application managers for an hour and then the 2 directors for an hour. Pretty casual and laid back discussion. really asked questions that allowed you to talk about your experience. if you know your job, this is a pretty easy conversation. I felt it was a good interview and the people were friendly.

Within an hour after I left, I was called by the director with a job offer.

The whole process took 3 weeks because once I accepted, the background check and drug test are still required. Background check takes about 2 weeks. No formal offer letter is sent until all checks are completed and passed.

I spoke with director about work flexibility due to my family responsibilities - he was very open to work flexibility. I heard this from my friend who also works here but in a different group.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about analyzing a requirement? what are the exact process steps you take?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate vacation - starting vaction is 3 weeks but I had 4 weeks at my previous job. But this is not flexible. Director said they are flexible with work from home and taking time off, so that he would work with me if I really needed time off. Salary offered was about 13% more than I was making at my previous job, so I thought this was very fair. I did not attempt to negotiate anything else.

When considering a job offer, besides salary ( which is important), also need to consider commuting costs, and work flexibility. When I took these into account for me, this was a great opportunity. My previous employer was not flexible at all.

Senior Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in January 2011.

Sent in resume and application in late December for a Marketing Consultant position for which the description was an excellent match for my skill set.

Heard back from Metlife recruiter in a couple of days. Asked some basic questions and indicated that he would forward my resume to hiring manager. Heard back within the hour and had interview scheduled for following week.

Met with hiring manager in Somerset, NJ. Super nice and bright woman. As she went through job responsibilities and necessary skills, it became even more apparent how good the fit was. I had basically used all the same technology and management practice in my previous position, and would literally be able to walk in on day one and do the job.

Left after an hour and met with current person doing the job, (moving on due to promotion). Felt the interview went very well.

Reached out to the recruiter for feedback after a few days, and was told that they had made a choice to go with someone else. Very frustrating as it appeared that this decision was already made and I may have been brought in to fulfill some quota. Very disappointing outcome. It would appear to me that a large organization such as Metlife, would do a better job and not waste people's time especially in this job market , where I could have been continuing my job search for a job that was actually available.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with, Lotus Notes, Vignette, MS Office, etc.   Answer Question

PMO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife in April 2010.

I was a consultant for over a year, then referred by an employee to come on full time. The process was very structured but comfortable and transparent. I appreciate the fact that they interviewed others and came back to me, it assured me that the process was fair. I interviewed with my direct leader, 2 team mates and VP. So very through and informative yet comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle mitigation of issues among stakeholders   View Answer
    • How do you handle re prioritization   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate what was best for ME and that was gREAT

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MetLife in February 2010.

I was already a consultant when the job opportunity became available. It was a very clean process, applied , interviewed and given offer. Overall 3 week process but seamless. Salary was fair market.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be FTE instead of consultant.   View Answer