MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Summer Actuarial Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through the MetLife Careers website and also gave out my resume to them at a career fair. Got a call from someone in the Actuarial Development Program regarding my availability. I thought the initial interview was going to be over the phone, but it was on site. Had one-on-one interviews with three actuaries. They mostly asked about my academic background, experience, why I wanted to become an actuary, etc. They also told me a lot about the company and the kind of work that their actuaries did.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. One of the actuaries gave me a loan repayment problem from exam FM that was not too hard. Another actuary asked some behavioral questions about teamwork, etc that were not that challenging either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay rate was competitive though, so I did not complain.

Summer Actuarial Intern Interview

Summer Actuarial Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in April 2011.

Interview Details – It tooks MetLife a few weeks to respond to my application. They eventually called me to schedule an interview at their office. I was interviewed by 3 people: two students and one actuary. It was mostly personality questions, asking about my past experiences and explaining what I did in my research the previous summer. Everyone was very nice and I accepted an offer about a week later. The office at Bridgewater was extremely nice, clean, and secure.

Interview Question – What do you think actuaries do here at MetLife?   Answer Question

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!