MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Procedures Analyst Interview

Business Procedures Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MetLife in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went to job fair and submitted resume. Was called for an interview. Interviewed with a panel of 10 managers. Gave no job description when asked. Were vague about work hours when asked. Waited over two months to find out if I was hired because the determining manager kept going out of country for business trips.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Group Benefit Sales - Internship Interview

Group Benefit Sales - Internship
Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

Interview Details – The internship position opened up rather last minute and therefore the process to obtain it was rather short, just 3 in person interviews at their Tampa office, each 20 minutes long in their Group Benefit Sales department floor.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?
Who is your hero?
Tell me of a time when you had to go back and fix an error that took away from your productivity?
  Answer Question

Client Account Manager Interview

Client Account Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, they called fairly quickly for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I was invited for a personal interview. Met (at the same time) with the Dept Mgr and a person who already does the same job I would be doing. Process was congenial and they made me feel comfortable. We talked for about an hour, all went well. They told me at the end that I should be getting a call tp be "moved along" in the process. Went for next interview with a a female District Mgr who deginitely had "tude". I could tell going in that this wasn't going to be particularly pleasant. Felt I held my own and answered her questions appropriately and intelligently. Although the vibe that she put out was not quite right, in the end thought I still might have a chance. But apparently she hated me because I received a quick reject letter the next day. You never quite know with these things. I was very qualified for that position and did very well with the phone person and the first in-person interview -- but for whatever reason, the Distric Mgr bounced me. No idea why and was not that upset about it because the job was a lousy commute and turned out to be more office work (I am not at my bes being tied to a desk 24/7) than I anticipated.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Was not too prepared for the four week classroom training they asked me about, though.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in October 2011.

Interview Details – After a very detailed application and preliminary email communication, had several rounds of phone interviews in the initial proces. Took approximately one month and then received notification from recruiter that interview had been set with two of the department's managers. Interview was very relaxed and managers were both terrific people and very knowledable. Impressed with the company as well as how professionally they conducted the interview process.

Interview Question – Position was rather technical and required detailed knowledge of their financial systems. It was required that candidate hit the support systems and functions for a variety of users. Should have been more experienced in their systems to answer some of the scenerios.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2012.

Interview Details – One of the major issues with a company that has high turnover is that the hiring managers frequently lack the experience to conduct a proper interview. Having managed sales people before, I was shocked at the simplicity of the process. Truly made me feel that they were just looking for bodies and not interested in my actual experience or abilities.

Interview Question – None really come to mind as being difficult questions. Easy to get hired, tough to meet goals and hang on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary than their average due to my experience, but it still was only for a short period of time.

Consultant, Business Process/Management Interview

Consultant, Business Process/Management
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is time consuming. The best way to even get an interview is if you know the hiring manager or have a friend or contact that knows the hiring manager. This way the manager can have the recruiter pull your resume and application out of the "in bin" and call you for a phone interview.

Otherwise, the recruiter will be the one who decides is you qualify to even be mentioned to the hiring manger during one of their weekly or monthly calls. The recruiter, however, usually does not really know what the job requerements ential. You have to be VERY specific on you resume or application or you will not receive a call back.

Interview Questions

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!