MetLife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by phone for an interview. After passing the phone interview I was moved forward for a panel interview. Before the panel interview I received a well-organized orientation, and afterwards was interviewed by two panels consisting of two people each. The first interview went well, but seem to lack enough questions. The questions seemed not entirely related to the position, and no questions were asked about developmental goals, motivation, or a usual "tell us about yourself" question. Some questions were about team-work and being persuasive to others. One of the interviewers, in the second panel, did seem suspicious of me or someone else in the former panel. I was asked if I had any questions and I told them that I already had them answered from the previous panel, after which I was asked "what did you ask them?" I told him the question I asked, and he said "what did they tell you?' I then told him what they had told me. He seemed to ask in a suspicious tone, which seemed odd to me, as if he was trying to catch me in a lie. All in all though it was fairly organized, but some of the details in the email were wrong (such as the number of panels and who was going to interview me) and when I was denied the position the email subject head was misspelled. It said "Anlayst" instead of "Analyst." And the email was not from an interviewer, it was from an automated system, which seemed to be a bad representation on the companies part. A bit unprofessional in my opinion, but not terrible, so I would say after all the whole experience was average.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you didn't understand the rules and lines and how did you deal with it, in a work or school environment?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with a co-worker you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MetLife in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Metlife recruiter on a Wednesday. He started the process with a brief phone interview which lasted less than 30 minutes. He said he'd recommend me to the hiring manager for an interview and to expect a call by the next Monday. I was called Monday morning and scheduled for an interview Wednesday morning. I was told there would be a one-on-one interview followed by a group interview and to expect to be there for about an hour and a half. The one-on-one interview wasn't really an interview but more of the director explaining what the position, the company, and the work environment was all about. The group interview consisted of two separate sessions of two managers asking behavioral questions. Overall, the interview was one of the best I've ever had. All the managers were nice, the director was very welcoming, and the work environment seemed relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were given a project with little or no direction.   Answer Question
  • What was the most risky decision you've ever made. What made you choose that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate at all really, as the position I interviewed for was an entry level position and in this economy, a college grad is just thrilled to find a job that pays a living wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Underwriter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.