MetLife

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Applied through university. In-person interview was all behavioral questions, questions about the company. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview in Aurora, IL. Second interview was also behavioral. I felt it went well, it was pretty easy and no technical or case questions. Got rejection e-mail the next morning.

Other Interview Reviews for MetLife

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

I was first contacted by phone for an interview. After passing the phone interview I was moved forward for a panel interview. Before the panel interview I received a well-organized orientation, and afterwards was interviewed by two panels consisting of two people each. The first interview went well, but seem to lack enough questions. The questions seemed not entirely related to the position, and no questions were asked about developmental goals, motivation, or a usual "tell us about yourself" question. Some questions were about team-work and being persuasive to others. One of the interviewers, in the second panel, did seem suspicious of me or someone else in the former panel. I was asked if I had any questions and I told them that I already had them answered from the previous panel, after which I was asked "what did you ask them?" I told him the question I asked, and he said "what did they tell you?' I then told him what they had told me. He seemed to ask in a suspicious tone, which seemed odd to me, as if he was trying to catch me in a lie. All in all though it was fairly organized, but some of the details in the email were wrong (such as the number of panels and who was going to interview me) and when I was denied the position the email subject head was misspelled. It said "Anlayst" instead of "Analyst." And the email was not from an interviewer, it was from an automated system, which seemed to be a bad representation on the companies part. A bit unprofessional in my opinion, but not terrible, so I would say after all the whole experience was average.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time where you didn't understand the rules and lines and how did you deal with it, in a work or school environment?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a co-worker you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetLife in January 2011.

I received a call from a Metlife recruiter on a Wednesday. He started the process with a brief phone interview which lasted less than 30 minutes. He said he'd recommend me to the hiring manager for an interview and to expect a call by the next Monday. I was called Monday morning and scheduled for an interview Wednesday morning. I was told there would be a one-on-one interview followed by a group interview and to expect to be there for about an hour and a half. The one-on-one interview wasn't really an interview but more of the director explaining what the position, the company, and the work environment was all about. The group interview consisted of two separate sessions of two managers asking behavioral questions. Overall, the interview was one of the best I've ever had. All the managers were nice, the director was very welcoming, and the work environment seemed relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were given a project with little or no direction.   Answer Question
    • What was the most risky decision you've ever made. What made you choose that decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all really, as the position I interviewed for was an entry level position and in this economy, a college grad is just thrilled to find a job that pays a living wage.