MetLife

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Got an email from an HR recruiter a week or two later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of behavioral questions and questions about work experience and resume. Recruiter then said that I would be contacted in a few days if I made it to the next round. Got an email a week or so later with links to take three tests (analytical, math word problems, reading comprehension). After taking the tests (pretty easy) I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later saying that I had passed the tests and they wanted an in person interview. Recruiter gave two lists of 4 or 5 questions each, basic behavioral questions then went into how I should answer them with much detail and use the STAR method. Interview consisted of meeting separately with two managers in the underwriting department. Each asked one of the sets of questions. In the end my answers weren't detailed enough, they wanted an incredibly high amount of detail, more than I thought was necessary, so I wasn't asked to come in for a second round of in person interviews.

Interview Question – Questions are all given to you prior to interview. Give as much detail as you can in your answers, then give even more.   View Answer

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a 1 hour long interview. I met with an HR person first and was asked the basic behavioral questions while she took notes. That lasted about 20 minutes and then I met with an Underwriting Consultant for the rest of the hour. He asked more behavioral style questions but were much more specific than the first set. After answering his questions he said they were hiring about 15 people and looking to have a recruiting class in about a month. He also said that there would be a second interview after I complete some aptitude assessments if I am selected and that the whole hiring process should only take 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a group member or superior and how could it have been avoided?   View Answer

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through indeed.com. Called a few days later by recruiter wanting to set up phone interview. Phone interview was done later that same day. Recruiter was EXTREMELY helpful, as my answers were probably not ones that would get past initial screening. Gave me great feedback and gave me tips/pointers for interview.

Called back later that day for an interview in KC the next day (sounded like they really wanted to fill positions?). Went to Metlife, had short orientation with 4 other people. Went downstairs and had 2 small interviews with 2 underwriting analysts in each. Both asked basic behavioral questions and wanted specific examples. I prolly failed my interview, but I feel they were really wanting to get people into these roles and train them. I didn't even have time to drive the 1.5 hrs back home before I received a call with an offer. Overall, process was simple, took less than a day, and everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a quick decision, what did you do, what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to persuade someone, what did you do and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had no rules for something. How did you go about the project, what did you do, what was end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Seems like an entry level position where they are looking to move you up later, so starting salary was $38k, 10k less than the actualUnderwriters.

Underwriter Analyst Interview

Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at MetLife in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Recruiter. Recruiter asked various questions regarding current work experience and expectations of the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife Underwriting Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.