Metagenics

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Marketing Copywriter Interview

San Clemente, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Metagenics in October 2010.

Interview Details – I began with a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with the creative team. After that, I took a test which consisted of creating a 2-page product sheet promoting a Metagenics nutritional product. The hiring manager was impressed with the quality of the writing and grasp of the product the sheet was selling, and on that basis, she offered me the job. The entire creative team responded favorably to me, were impressed with my creative portfolio, and encouraged the hiring manager to offer me the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was how much I knew about the Metagenics product line--which are nutritional supplements and medical foods targeted to general consumers interested in therapeutic lifestyle changes to live healthier lives.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary by $3,000/yr. This followed several days of phone negotiations with the Director of Marketing, during which time he made an initial offer, I counter-offered, he sought and got approval to meet my counter offer, and I agreed to accept the salary offered. This process was conducted in a cordial manner. It was clear that the company was impressed with me as a candidate and wanted to hire me. They had interview a number of previous candidates who didn't have the required skills or creative ability that I brought to the table.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Metagenics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metagenics Senior Marketing Copywriter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Metagenics employees and interview candidates.