Metal Sales Manufacturing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metal Sales Manufacturing

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing.

Interview

I submiited online for a senior leadership position. I sent a resume and then an onsite interview was scheduled. I interviewed, checked with my professional network and ultimately declined any further activity, given my experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. As with other reviews, questions about experience with 'difficult ownership' or 'a company in transition'. Got the feeling the current CEO (acting President...they've had three in three years) was not long for the MSMC world, the way everyone talked. The owner I interviewed with (and this is why I felt the need to submit this) was one pretty arrogant dude, given that his Dad started the company and that his three older brothers have led it pretty well, before he took over.I read the other comments and did my diligence-spoke with building industry colleagues and 'banking community'......We all face our own decisions and have different appetites for company cultures but this was not a place for me. Asked about employer turnover (which is reportedly over 50% within 24 months) and was told, effectively 'a lot of companies have high turnover'.....the fact that there are challenges there isn't the issue; it's the ownerships laisez faire attitude to addressing them that's concerning.....makes sense given their lack of professional context. Lastly, the CEO bragged about education so I checked......his school was a college when he went there and although a University now..ranked 583 in the US in his field. And his MBA? From a school not even ranked. Where one went to school...who cares...but bragging about it when....? Be careful.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview. The admin that hired me was very nice---we actually had a lot in common. We discussed my qualifications and asked me a bit about data entry.

Finance Role Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Metal Sales Manufacturing in January 2015.

Interview

Process was very good, professional from the team however, very hard for the company to hide all the comments on Glassdoor. Executive team does not dispute how difficult it is to work for the ownership. You can tell interviewers are uncomfortable being positive about the company and encouraging me to join a very dysfunctional company, led by a very difficult CEO.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy, mostly about how I would handle owners / CEO that undermine the leadership team, deal with antiquated systems and processes, and a board that is described as destructive, paranoid, and combative to their management teams. Several leaders have quit merely to avoid having to interact with the board.   Answer Question