Metasoft Systems Interview Questions

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a brief screening call by an in-house recruiter that covered most of the standard questions about qualifications. This was followed by 2 - 3 hours filling out questionnaires that the recruiter provided. These contained a combination of long form questions and multiple choice. After that there was a 30 min phone interview with the CEO in which he barely said a word.

Interview Questions

• One question only - posed by the CEO: How would you sell our product in North America?Requests for clarification or focus to the question were deflected. With my only knowledge of the company and product coming from their web site, it was a foolish exercise. The guy made no attempt at any point in the call to put me at ease or ask about my past successes. He seemed determined to make the entire 30 min very awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the CEO. He was both arrogant guarded and uninformative. An underwhelming combination. He is looking for monkeys to line his pockets and is not committed to employee engagement.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very in depth first call around 30-40 minutes. All good questions and more than anything want to know if you are a motivated human being or just a lazy person that makes calls to hit quota. The person that does phone interviews is very friendly but also upfront about everything which makes your decision easier if you want to proceed or not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Sales Generation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems in July 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and was contacted by a junior recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, I was sent an email asking me to interview with the lead recruiter, I then received an email asking me to do a quick phone interview with a Project Manager of the department. I was then asked at the end of the last phone interview to come in for a job shadow and a couple days after (it was a holiday) I was offered the position.

US Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on linkedin; called by senior recruiter to scheduled for an interview (1), then submitted a 3 page quest. to senior recruiter, called again for a brief overview, scheduled to call the GM interview(2) scheduled to have Face to face interview-(3) scheduled to have a phone call interview with CEO(owner) then a negotiation call,-overall process took almost 3-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Non profits   1 Answer

Negotiation

Listen very carefully to the GM and Senior Recruiter (they will only say briefly that it is negotiable) then when you are offered they will tell you its 30k Non negotiable-do not settle in the negotiation you are applying for a sales job so you have to negotiate if you dont its your loss. 38k is industry standard for this role

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

After half hour phone interview with a manager I was booked for phone interview with the owner. When I contacted manager one hour before the interview I was told the interview was postponed for two days. Two days later, I was interrogated by owner over the phone, with rapid fire questions and constantly interrupting my answers. This lasted 15 minutes, the shortest interview of my life, and I never heard back.

Elite Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was an internal promotion that I applied for - the interview was with the new manager of the Elite team and then the President - both focussed on the opportunity, the effort level and skill required, and the compensation - as an elite team member,they explained I was expected to perform at three times the quota of a regular rep, with compensation to match - I told them I was ready for the challenge and they promoted me a week later

Interview Questions

• Well, it was "what support will you need to hit your target?" I really had not thought about it before the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, it was their standard offer andthat gets me to 120K per year at quota so I was happy

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

First the an on-line Q&A, then the phone interview then then with the hiring manager then with the General Manager and then with the Owner but he wasn't in the office so back to the GM. Also at each step I had to confirm that I would meet with whom ever at what appointed time and place. This was the clue that this compan micro-manages every aspect of your daily working life. The worst was being asked, before I had sat down to meet with the HR associate: what do we do? I know what you bloody do, I am not and idiot. This company does not want anyone who can actually think, just dial and repeat the scripts, ad naseum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Sent resume via email to company, and got a phone reply to ask me to fill out an hour long questionnaire. Some of the questions were invasive: T4 earnings, criminal record(s), and bankruptcy, among others. Recruiter called a second time and asked me in-depth questions about my employment experience in sales. It went for more than and hour and would assess from how much my earnings and quotas were, as to how much were the yearly or monthly projections earnings from the companies I worked for. A third phone interview wanted to intrude on my sales experience in my country of origin to see "if I had what it took" to sell a software product to charities. I thought it really odd and refused to comply with irrelevant experience extraneous to the sales position been offered. You got the feeling as if you were been interviewed for a classified NASA career to sell peanuts on the market! Overall, I found the whole interview process an irretrievable waste of time and efforts to land a job selling a software product for a base salary of $30-36 K's plus commission and that, if you have the patience to go through the whole ordeal, you might get sainthood at the end like Job.

Interview Questions

• Can you send me your work experience in your country of origin so that my superiors can be impressed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metasoft Systems (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume, they called me and did a 30 minute interview. Asked me to complete a questionnaire detailing my experience - sales manager interviewed me in person and asked lots of questions, felt that they were trying to make a very good decision and asked me to also ask "tough" questions because they wanted me to make a good decision that I would stick by. Interviewed by President as final interview - wow! a first and really made me feel like I was an important candidate.