Metasoft Systems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.2

Inside Sales Representative Interview

First a phone interview. Then a very detailed online questionnaire to fill out, it took me about 2 hours. Next a second phone interview a week later, only just to be asked the same questions that I spent 2 hours writing on the online questionnaire. Next a face to face interview. Again the same questions ask again. A total of 4 weeks to find out its commission only and you have to be in the office at 6 am every morning. A depressing and burnt out business, running on its last fumes. Stay away don't waste your-time with this toxic mess. What I saw first hand was only 3 sales people half asleep at their desk and lots of empty desks. And yet they put you though one of the most long winded interview processes and act like your applying for a NASA rocket propulsion engineer job.

Interview Questions
    • would you agree to having a medical test?   View Answer

Commission Only

Sales Generation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in July 2014.

I had applied online and was contacted by a junior recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, I was sent an email asking me to interview with the lead recruiter, I then received an email asking me to do a quick phone interview with a Project Manager of the department. I was then asked at the end of the last phone interview to come in for a job shadow and a couple days after (it was a holiday) I was offered the position.

US Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Metasoft Systems in May 2014.

Applied on linkedin; called by senior recruiter to scheduled for an interview (1), then submitted a 3 page quest. to senior recruiter, called again for a brief overview, scheduled to call the GM interview(2) scheduled to have Face to face interview-(3) scheduled to have a phone call interview with CEO(owner) then a negotiation call,-overall process took almost 3-4 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Non profits   View Answer
    Listen very carefully to the GM and Senior Recruiter (they will only say briefly that it is negotiable) then when you are offered they will tell you its 30k Non negotiable-do not settle in the negotiation you are applying for a sales job so you have to negotiate if you dont its your loss. 38k is industry standard for this role

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Metasoft Systems.

After half hour phone interview with a manager I was booked for phone interview with the owner. When I contacted manager one hour before the interview I was told the interview was postponed for two days. Two days later, I was interrogated by owner over the phone, with rapid fire questions and constantly interrupting my answers. This lasted 15 minutes, the shortest interview of my life, and I never heard back.

Elite Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in June 2012.

It was an internal promotion that I applied for - the interview was with the new manager of the Elite team and then the President - both focussed on the opportunity, the effort level and skill required, and the compensation - as an elite team member,they explained I was expected to perform at three times the quota of a regular rep, with compensation to match - I told them I was ready for the challenge and they promoted me a week later

Interview Questions
    • Well, it was "what support will you need to hit your target?" I really had not thought about it before the interview.   View Answer
    Well, it was their standard offer andthat gets me to 120K per year at quota so I was happy

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in September 2011.

First the an on-line Q&A, then the phone interview then then with the hiring manager then with the General Manager and then with the Owner but he wasn't in the office so back to the GM. Also at each step I had to confirm that I would meet with whom ever at what appointed time and place. This was the clue that this compan micro-manages every aspect of your daily working life. The worst was being asked, before I had sat down to meet with the HR associate: what do we do? I know what you bloody do, I am not and idiot. This company does not want anyone who can actually think, just dial and repeat the scripts, ad naseum.

Nothing to negotiate.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in April 2011.

Sent resume via email to company, and got a phone reply to ask me to fill out an hour long questionnaire. Some of the questions were invasive: T4 earnings, criminal record(s), and bankruptcy, among others.

Recruiter called a second time and asked me in-depth questions about my employment experience in sales. It went for more than and hour and would assess from how much my earnings and quotas were, as to how much were the yearly or monthly projections earnings from the companies I worked for. A third phone interview wanted to intrude on my sales experience in my country of origin to see "if I had what it took" to sell a software product to charities. I thought it really odd and refused to comply with irrelevant experience extraneous to the sales position been offered.

You got the feeling as if you were been interviewed for a classified NASA career to sell peanuts on the market!

Overall, I found the whole interview process an irretrievable waste of time and efforts to land a job selling a software product for a base salary of $30-36 K's plus commission and that,
     if you have the patience to go through the whole ordeal, you might get sainthood at the end like Job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you send me your work experience in your country of origin so that my superiors can be impressed?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in March 2011.

Submitted resume, they called me and did a 30 minute interview. Asked me to complete a questionnaire detailing my experience - sales manager interviewed me in person and asked lots of questions, felt that they were trying to make a very good decision and asked me to also ask "tough" questions because they wanted me to make a good decision that I would stick by. Interviewed by President as final interview - wow! a first and really made me feel like I was an important candidate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in October 2010.

Started with a phone call with the Sales Manager which went well. The position is inside sales so he was testing phone communication skills. Next Day a Call from the Recruiter with the company where he introduced himself and then told me what the next steps where. First you had to do an online questionnaire that was very detailed they said would take 20 -45 minutes but really took well over an hour. Found some of the questions to me rather intrusive. Then a phone conversation with the recruiter that lasted 11/2 hours, very drill down on the resume I found it to be over the top. At this point I have asked both the Sales Manager and the Recruiter what the compensation package looked like and both declined to discuss this they wanted to wait until I met with them. One on One meeting was over 3 hours with 2 Sales managers, recruiter and a 1/2 hour job shadow. Finally when I met with the Sales Manager at the end of our conversation he decided to fill me in on the compensation. First 90 Days paid $30,000.00 year base salary, 5% Commission. If you make it through the 90 day then you are paid 15% commission, sounds good right...but the truth is your first $8400.00 of sales commission is not paid to you because they use it to cover your salary, so in actual fact they do not pay a base salary, its draw against commission. Then once you prove yourself you can go straight commission at 30%. Now it sounds like good money don't get me wrong and some folks are doing very well and have been with this organization a long time, but only if you are looking for a straight commission job which I believe they should be honest about upfront.

Interview Questions

I do not want a straight commission job I did that at the beginning of my sales career 23 years ago. Maybe if I had a mate who could cover me if something went wrong but I don't.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Metasoft Systems in March 2010.

This company contacted me by e-mail once they came across my resume on Workopolis. The recruiter was aggressive and I found out why later. The telephone interview was cancelled once, but was rescheduled for later in the week. The interviewer had a tough tone but the questions were standard telephone sales questions. His pitch at the end abut how Metasoft helps people and charities was a sign he liked my answers. When I asked and was informed that this is a 100% commission job I knew something is wrong. What serious company does such a thing? The actual manager interview was more difficult, not because of its content but because of the attitude of the interviewer. Fair enough. They must have had many people come and go. They revolved around being self-motivated and aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • Are you self-motivated?   View Answer
    • How do you deal with customers that are not interested or don't return your calls?   View Answer

This job is 100% commission. This company is willing to pay a salary only for a few months and then they let you loose. It didn't sound like a long-term gig. No serious and reputable company like Microsoft or Oracle would do this because they want to hire the best. I was not interested in a high turnover job that doesn't pay you for effort or training. Do they want me to learn the product on my own dime? The economy is improving and I am not going to accept a uncivilized job. Truth be told, in no economy I will take a 100% commission job.