Metasoft Systems

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Generation Agent Interview

Sales Generation Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied online and was contacted by a junior recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, I was sent an email asking me to interview with the lead recruiter, I then received an email asking me to do a quick phone interview with a Project Manager of the department. I was then asked at the end of the last phone interview to come in for a job shadow and a couple days after (it was a holiday) I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Metasoft Systems.

Interview Details – After half hour phone interview with a manager I was booked for phone interview with the owner. When I contacted manager one hour before the interview I was told the interview was postponed for two days. Two days later, I was interrogated by owner over the phone, with rapid fire questions and constantly interrupting my answers. This lasted 15 minutes, the shortest interview of my life, and I never heard back.

Recruiting Team Lead Interview

Recruiting Team Lead
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in October 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very detailed. I was initially interviewed by an in-house recruiter who sourced my resume off Monster.ca. After that I did a 20 minute telephone interview with the CEO of the company who then scheduled a lunch meeting with me. Upon completion of the in-person interview the CEO requested I speak with each of his managers as they would be my primary customers. Those telephone interviews went well, references were checked, an offer was made and accepted and I was hired for the position. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do to make an immediate positive impact upon the hiring processes at the company. The challenge for me was that I had never worked as a recruiter in Canada before, nor did I have any idea what the current recruiting practices for the company were.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Inside Sales Executive
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, they called me and did a 30 minute interview. Asked me to complete a questionnaire detailing my experience - sales manager interviewed me in person and asked lots of questions, felt that they were trying to make a very good decision and asked me to also ask "tough" questions because they wanted me to make a good decision that I would stick by. Interviewed by President as final interview - wow! a first and really made me feel like I was an important candidate.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Accounts Manager Interview

Senior Accounts Manager
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in April 2008.

Interview Details – 2 interviews.Met with CEO and HR when they had one.

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for.

Elite Sales Representative Interview

Elite Sales Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was an internal promotion that I applied for - the interview was with the new manager of the Elite team and then the President - both focussed on the opportunity, the effort level and skill required, and the compensation - as an elite team member,they explained I was expected to perform at three times the quota of a regular rep, with compensation to match - I told them I was ready for the challenge and they promoted me a week later

Interview Question – Well, it was "what support will you need to hit your target?" I really had not thought about it before the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well, it was their standard offer andthat gets me to 120K per year at quota so I was happy

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in September 2011.

Interview Details – First the an on-line Q&A, then the phone interview then then with the hiring manager then with the General Manager and then with the Owner but he wasn't in the office so back to the GM. Also at each step I had to confirm that I would meet with whom ever at what appointed time and place. This was the clue that this compan micro-manages every aspect of your daily working life. The worst was being asked, before I had sat down to meet with the HR associate: what do we do? I know what you bloody do, I am not and idiot. This company does not want anyone who can actually think, just dial and repeat the scripts, ad naseum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Inside Sales Executive
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Sent resume via email to company, and got a phone reply to ask me to fill out an hour long questionnaire. Some of the questions were invasive: T4 earnings, criminal record(s), and bankruptcy, among others.

Recruiter called a second time and asked me in-depth questions about my employment experience in sales. It went for more than and hour and would assess from how much my earnings and quotas were, as to how much were the yearly or monthly projections earnings from the companies I worked for. A third phone interview wanted to intrude on my sales experience in my country of origin to see "if I had what it took" to sell a software product to charities. I thought it really odd and refused to comply with irrelevant experience extraneous to the sales position been offered.

You got the feeling as if you were been interviewed for a classified NASA career to sell peanuts on the market!

Overall, I found the whole interview process an irretrievable waste of time and efforts to land a job selling a software product for a base salary of $30-36 K's plus commission and that,
 if you have the patience to go through the whole ordeal, you might get sainthood at the end like Job.

Interview Question – Can you send me your work experience in your country of origin so that my superiors can be impressed?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call with the Sales Manager which went well. The position is inside sales so he was testing phone communication skills. Next Day a Call from the Recruiter with the company where he introduced himself and then told me what the next steps where. First you had to do an online questionnaire that was very detailed they said would take 20 -45 minutes but really took well over an hour. Found some of the questions to me rather intrusive. Then a phone conversation with the recruiter that lasted 11/2 hours, very drill down on the resume I found it to be over the top. At this point I have asked both the Sales Manager and the Recruiter what the compensation package looked like and both declined to discuss this they wanted to wait until I met with them. One on One meeting was over 3 hours with 2 Sales managers, recruiter and a 1/2 hour job shadow. Finally when I met with the Sales Manager at the end of our conversation he decided to fill me in on the compensation. First 90 Days paid $30,000.00 year base salary, 5% Commission. If you make it through the 90 day then you are paid 15% commission, sounds good right...but the truth is your first $8400.00 of sales commission is not paid to you because they use it to cover your salary, so in actual fact they do not pay a base salary, its draw against commission. Then once you prove yourself you can go straight commission at 30%. Now it sounds like good money don't get me wrong and some folks are doing very well and have been with this organization a long time, but only if you are looking for a straight commission job which I believe they should be honest about upfront.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I do not want a straight commission job I did that at the beginning of my sales career 23 years ago. Maybe if I had a mate who could cover me if something went wrong but I don't.

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Metasoft Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick, concise and to the point

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metasoft Systems

Worked for Metasoft Systems? Contribute to the Community!