Metaswitch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.8

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metaswitch in October 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter about a sales management position. After a brief overview by the recruiter, set up a phone call with the next level sales VP. Interview took 30-40 minutes over the phone. Received follow up via email.

Interview Questions
    • Request for detailed list of contacts at various customers.   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Metaswitch.

It used to be tougher. I actually was proud to have made it through. We used to brag to customers that it was VERY tough to get hired. Then there was an era under the former CEO where it was easier - a lot easier. Now, with the direction of the company it shouldn't be too hard. I am sure they still administer a logic test and ask for a "presentation" from sales people

Interview Questions
    • The logic test is from the 90's. It is timed and it not easy. Don't worry - the former VP of sales says he scored the highest ever (go figure)   Answer Question

General Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Metaswitch in July 2013.

Hiring process places high value on academic and cognitive excellence. Metaswitch is in a high technical content networking market segment and needs smart energetic people working for them. A thorough vetting process including an aptitude test. Be prepared to think and do your homework on their product line and market segments. Challenging but you should expect such.

Interview Questions
    • General aptitude questions - nothing unfair   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

The process begins with an online application form. It's quite a lengthy form, as they ask for all of your grades and so on. Then you get invited to complete an online aptitude test not dissimilar to an IQ test, where you have to perhaps say which shape is the odd one out, or choose which word is the opposite of a given word, and so on. If you pass the test you are invited to an interview, where they ask you to sit another IQ style test (but much harder!) and three further tests in which they give you a scenario and ask you to answer the questions as best you can. After all the tests, there a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Philosophers are trying to communicate their mathematical proofs with one another, but they live far away from each other. They use dumb slaves who carry stone tablets, but the slaves do not know where they are going, and often drop the tablets, breaking them. Can you devise a system where the philosophers can effectively communicate with one another and have confidence that their stone tablets arrived at the correct location?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

The process has 4 stages (I reached the 3rd)
    - Complete an aptitude test

This is quite straightforward, mostly mathsy questions but with a smattering of verbal reasoning.

- Complete an online form (the usual stuff)

- Attend an initial assessment day

The day is taken up by 4 tests and an interview. The first is a longer aptitude test. The second is a scenario where you have to come up with a solution for how Greeks could improve a stone tablet based communication system. The third was a question where you had to follow through pseudo-code (there is a right answer). The fourth involved coming up with an AI for a variant on blackjack.

The test definitely get harder as you go on. I failed pretty hard on the latter two. I don't come from a Compsci background, and though you won't necessarily need one it definitely took me 5 minutes more on each one just to get to grips with the nature of the problem, which is significant when you only have 20-30 minutes per exercise.

The interview was very casual and involved none of the usual rubbish questions!

- Attend a second assessment day
    As I said, I didn't reach this stage.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metaswitch in September 2014.

First, there is an online application form to complete. Then there is a numerical online test, if you are successful through these stages then you are invited to their Enfield offices for a first interview which consists of several challenging problems. If you are successful through this stage then you are invited for a final 2 day interview which is an extensive and tie ring experience.

Interview Questions
    • All the problems they ask are designed to be very difficult.   Answer Question

I didn't like the company culture.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metaswitch.

I applied for this position online and had to pass a prescreening test which consisted of 50 questions. The time was strictly limited so you have to be really fast.

Software Engineering Interview

Had tests at the assesment centre and some longer problems.

Interview Questions
    • Going through a pseudocode question, seems easy at first, but you don't have enough time   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Metaswitch.

Multiple choice assessment followed by 3 problem solving questions and finally an interview to discuss answers to the last 3 questions and talk about your CV

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Metaswitch.

First stage: online testing.
    Second stage: assessment centre at the headquarters

The first stage consists mainly of recognizing patterns in sequences and basic numerical and verbal questions.

The second stage consists of a day at the Headquarters. Three different tests (each 20mins) similar to the online testing. Not challenging, but speed is key. There is then 3 longer series of tests, testing your reasoning. One question is about following a sequence of commands in a low level programming language and being able to keep track of the output of the code.
    The last part consists of a one to one interview with a programmer