Metaswitch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.8

Director of Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch.

Interview

Initial interview was great and I was given a date/ time for second interview with VP of sales. Two weeks has passed on that date and I didn't hear from them and didn't receive a follow up email although I sent one which reflects immaturity in handling the hiring process.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metaswitch in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter about a sales management position. After a brief overview by the recruiter, set up a phone call with the next level sales VP. Interview took 30-40 minutes over the phone. Received follow up via email.

Interview Questions

• Request for detailed list of contacts at various customers.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch.

Interview

It used to be tougher. I actually was proud to have made it through. We used to brag to customers that it was VERY tough to get hired. Then there was an era under the former CEO where it was easier - a lot easier. Now, with the direction of the company it shouldn't be too hard. I am sure they still administer a logic test and ask for a "presentation" from sales people

Interview Questions

• The logic test is from the 90's. It is timed and it not easy. Don't worry - the former VP of sales says he scored the highest ever (go figure)   Answer Question

General Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metaswitch in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process places high value on academic and cognitive excellence. Metaswitch is in a high technical content networking market segment and needs smart energetic people working for them. A thorough vetting process including an aptitude test. Be prepared to think and do your homework on their product line and market segments. Challenging but you should expect such.

Interview Questions

• General aptitude questions - nothing unfair   1 Answer

Installation Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metaswitch (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with your possible immediate supervisor and department supervisor, major focus on understanding company culture (lean manufacturing and teamwork are high priorities here). In person interview which will involve meeting many members of the team. 3-5 hour long IQ and basic arithmetic examination. Hands on test of working with equipment. Know how to use power tools, work safely with electronics, bring a notebook.

Interview Questions

• Endurance for a long day of interviewing is key. This company is very focused on company culture and teamwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick for my position, too many other applicants to be too choosy on benefits.

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metaswitch (London, England (UK)).

Interview

RIGOROUS process. After initial screening there is a written test that rates IQ, problem solving skills, etc. Then presentation in which you present something you know to them. The next gate is a corporate visit, possibly to HQ in the UK. Another more rigorous written test. Then a training session on their products followed by you presenting to THEM on THEIR products/solutions. It is an excellent process that tests a candidate on real metrics of the work that will be required. Only the truly qualified can pass the gauntlet.

Interview Questions

• To give a presentation in a mock sales meeting and to write two follow-up emails - 1) an external email to the "customer" thanking them for the opportunity and summarizing the meeting and any action items, and 2) an internal email to sales management summarizing the meeting, the status of the opportunity, and any action items.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online which had long application form where you put your qualifications and results and work experience. Was invited to do online verbal and numerical reasoning test that was about half an hour long. After passing this you are invited to their offices where you do further tests and have an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metaswitch (Enfield, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online application followed by aptitude tests 50 questions for 15mins. And invited for assessment centre at Enfield. The process took 5 hours IQ test on paper based code review and face to face interview. It was very difficult but friendly environment.

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Interview

1st stage: Online reasoning test, multiple choice questions with a relatively strict time limit. 2nd stage: In office ~5 hour process. A multiple choice IQ style test, followed by 3 long form questions (details of which have been mentioned by other reviews). There is then a one on one interview which goes through your answers to the long form questions as well as some more typical interview questions. Lunch was provided in the form of sandwiches.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm for playing a modified version of Black Jack   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metaswitch (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

one online test, then 5hours AC, 3 reasoning, 1 code reading, 1 problem solving, 1 logical design about black jack.and 1 Face to face. only 10 mins for lunch breaks. Time is very limited, 15mins for one questions sheet.

Interview Questions

• 3 reasoning, 1 code reading, 1 problem solving, 1 logical design about black jack   1 Answer