Methodist Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

Surgical Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Methodist Healthcare.

I applied online and got a phone call the next day. I was told then that it would be a panel interview. The Panel interview was with the nurses, Human Resources , and technicians. The Interview was not too hard and the questions were not too difficult.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Methodist Healthcare in November 2014.

Had one interview only with the floor manager. I heard directly from her before I ever heard from the nurse recruiter. The interview was very straight forward. The questions weren't too difficult. I also received a tour of the unit and was told I would be contacted by the nurse recruiter to continue with the hiring process. I was offered and accepted an informal job offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself and your nursing background.   View Answer
    There is basically no negotiation. You take the pay or leave it. They have a scale they go by based on experience.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Methodist Healthcare in June 2014.

Telephone prescreeening and panel interviews with Human Resources as well as future leader. It can be a very intimidating process and they do not get in a hurry to offer positions. Good candidates will get hired out from underneath them because of this.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to find a solution to a problem before it became serious? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Salary too low, company leaders can be unethical...

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olive Branch, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olive Branch, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Methodist Healthcare in February 2014.

It was a drawn out process that took a while. I initially met with the doctor and the office manager and then once narrowed down I met with the head over the clinics. Once I received a call stating I was selected for the job, I met with HR to do all the paperwork and you would think that is where the negotitation would be for pay but there isn't one.

Interview Questions
    • If I was opposed to having prayer on monday mornings.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You are paid based on your NUMBER of years experience, not what you actually know and have been exposed to.

Res Therapy Sup Interview

The hiring process was both by phone and by a panel interview. I transfered from Texas and came to the Memphis area to continue my career in the medical field. I also was still in the military, the reserves at the time from active duty of 12 years. I continued my military service until retiring in the year 2006.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would I make in a medical clinic without knowing what or which type of clinic.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Biomedical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Methodist Healthcare in August 2009.

Initially interviewed on the phone by the Director of Dept. then face to face, panel interview. Questions were behavioral interview questions and also some traditional interview questions. After 3 days, I was called by HR to come in for drug test and physical, then once physical was complete, I was scheduled for orientation 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult interview questions.   View Answer
    Know the salary range for the job that you are interviewing for and negotiate with HR person.