Methodist Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Exempt Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Memphis, TN).

Interview

It included taking an online 'test'. Honestly it was not a valuable tool. When one question asked "How many times were you late for class" I chuckled...I've been out of high school for years. The wording was so dated and it really was not a good representation of the organization. The recruiter didn't even know the salary range. She wasted both of our times. I was not impressed.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare in March 2015.

Interview

Went in for a panel interview. There were only 4 people and everyone sat around a conference table. They made the interview seem very conversational which helped a lot. Everyone was very nice and the questions weren't terribly difficult, but are behavioral-based. I found out very soon afterward that I was approved to move onto the next part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to build trust with a patient   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, panel interviewed me. Interview lasted about 50 minutes. I was told that I would be notified of the next phase of interviewing and that all the technical questions that I would be asked had been answered. One month later-no further interview or contact regarding the job despite the interviewer responding to my follow up email that they would let me know next week. (It's next week). Frustrating to wait for an answer because I was more than qualified for the job and really excited about working there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with your boss over a decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Surgical Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call the next day. I was told then that it would be a panel interview. The Panel interview was with the nurses, Human Resources , and technicians. The Interview was not too hard and the questions were not too difficult.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Memphis, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Had one interview only with the floor manager. I heard directly from her before I ever heard from the nurse recruiter. The interview was very straight forward. The questions weren't too difficult. I also received a tour of the unit and was told I would be contacted by the nurse recruiter to continue with the hiring process. I was offered and accepted an informal job offer that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself and your nursing background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is basically no negotiation. You take the pay or leave it. They have a scale they go by based on experience.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone prescreeening and panel interviews with Human Resources as well as future leader. It can be a very intimidating process and they do not get in a hurry to offer positions. Good candidates will get hired out from underneath them because of this.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to find a solution to a problem before it became serious? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Salary too low, company leaders can be unethical...

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Olive Branch, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a drawn out process that took a while. I initially met with the doctor and the office manager and then once narrowed down I met with the head over the clinics. Once I received a call stating I was selected for the job, I met with HR to do all the paperwork and you would think that is where the negotitation would be for pay but there isn't one.

Interview Questions

• If I was opposed to having prayer on monday mornings.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are paid based on your NUMBER of years experience, not what you actually know and have been exposed to.

Res Therapy Sup Interview

Interview

The hiring process was both by phone and by a panel interview. I transfered from Texas and came to the Memphis area to continue my career in the medical field. I also was still in the military, the reserves at the time from active duty of 12 years. I continued my military service until retiring in the year 2006.

Interview Questions

• What changes would I make in a medical clinic without knowing what or which type of clinic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (Memphis, TN) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple and standard interview questions; the process took 2 weeks max and i was offered a position with a decent salary; try to negotiate salary if you have higher education because they will try to start you on the lower end of the budget if you don't negotiate at all

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Methodist Healthcare (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Long. 1st it's a phone interview, then you meet the recruiter, then you meet your potential boss. The potiential boss tells you that he/she does not have input on salary, benefits etc. I was interview in March, was offered the position that same day. My 1st day of employment was May 20th.

Interview Questions

• What I kind of knowledge did I have about the department I was being interviewed for. Luckily I visited the website a head of time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The was no negotiating.