Metier

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Metier in June 2010.

Interview Details – The initial interview process was very standard. As an out of state candidate I completed multiple phone interviews before being selected for the next level. There was also a test that was administered to asses my knowledge of the industry, their software, business skills, etc. The next level consisted of a couple skype interviews. From there I was asked to come out for a face to face interview. No travel assistance was offered, which was disappointing, however not completely unheard of. The office was small, clean, and efficient. Everyone was very professional. I got the impression the face to face interview was focused primarily on compatibility with their team.

Interview Question – Please write a short essay about any subject of your choosing.   Answer Question

Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Metier in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone call, which consisted of basic questions about qualifications and expectations, as well as a discussion about whether the job was a potential fit. The next step thereafter was a 45 minute Analytical Exercise. This entailed reading output from their WorkLenz software and answering questions about the conclusions that should be drawn from the various charts/graphs provided. Upon successful completion of this step, an on-site interview was scheduled.

The onsite interview starts with a writing sample, a request to write a paragraph about anything. Thereafter the recruiter comes and does a 1:1 interview. This is a very general interview, prompting the candidate to answer questions about their career goals, their school and work experiences, as well as situations in which they had overcome difficulties or challenges. Also, the recruiter asks some questions regarding fictional scenarios and asks what the candidate would do in such situations. Finally, she calls in the CFO, who conducts her own (shorter) 1:1 interview. They cover the same topics in broad strokes, but the interview dynamic is slower and more relaxed with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• You were told to paint a room white, and you painted it black. Respond.   View Answer
  • You've been working on a customer project and have created a proposition that is perfect. You bring it to the table and the customer hates it. Respond.   View Answer

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Metier in June 2010.

Interview Details – I scheduled a phone interview with one of their recruiters. It seemed like a traditional phone interview exept when the recruiter called she was EXTREMELY unprofessional and rude. I was very unhappy in the manner the phone interview went and this was by far the most unpleasant phone interview that I have ever had. Furthermore, be prepared and know a great deal about what the job requires and many questions that will be related to this.

Interview Question – What is porfolio performance management?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Santa Rosa, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Metier in June 2010.

Interview Details – When first contacted the interviewer tried to put me into a direct sales position. It wasn't until after I stated zero interest in a cold calling position did they proceed to the correct position.

For the second interview I was to review their software and offer feedback. I did so and at the end of the interview they had no further questions for me.

Overall the interviewer was unprofessional and rude. She asked that I call her anytime after 4pm and when I called at 4:10pm she seemed offended.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Project Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Metier in April 2011.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter was very nice every time I spoke with her. Initially, I thought that the process would be pleasant, as she seemed friendly after two phone conversations. However, the people I would have actually worked under were rude and just nasty! One of the interviews was rushed, and the interviewer was ridiculously condescending. She was so unpleasant and unprofessional that I was seriously taken aback, and it became hard to concentrate. She cut me off towards the end before I could even ask my questions; evidently she was just too busy to bother speaking with peons like myself.
Over the course of a month I went through about four phone/skype interviews, submitted two "tests," and these people just never called me back. Honestly, though, after that whole despicable ordeal I would never have accepted an offer anyway. Who wants to work for people like that?

Interview Question – "How many gears do you have?"   View Answer

Worked for Metier? Contribute to the Community!