Metra

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metra

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metra in June 2014.

The salary they offered was below the average of an EE. Interviewed with the hiring manager and project engineer. There were a few behavior and technical questions. Not that difficult.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metra in September 2012.

Applied to online job for IT position. I had applied 6 months earlier for this position and it took that long prior to getting a response. I played phone tag with the HR rep and finally set a date for an interview a week later. I met with HR rep on-site and he was very professional and provided great detail. His attitude about the company is what made me go on the interview. The pay is way below market rate for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The technical portion of the interview was very difficult, because they wanted full detail of IT related jargon. For example what is DAG as it relates to Exchange 2010 (No experience with this platform). Some simple ones like what is a GPO and how do you apply it, What is DHCP and what is it used for.   View Answer

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Metra in November 2009.

There was 3 interviews that took all day long they offered me the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience can bring to this job?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate with them a better deal