Metra

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Interview

IT
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Metra in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied to online job for IT position. I had applied 6 months earlier for this position and it took that long prior to getting a response. I played phone tag with the HR rep and finally set a date for an interview a week later. I met with HR rep on-site and he was very professional and provided great detail. His attitude about the company is what made me go on the interview. The pay is way below market rate for the position I applied for.

Interview Question – The technical portion of the interview was very difficult, because they wanted full detail of IT related jargon. For example what is DAG as it relates to Exchange 2010 (No experience with this platform). Some simple ones like what is a GPO and how do you apply it, What is DHCP and what is it used for.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Machinist Interview

Machinist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Metra in November 2009.

Interview Details – There was 3 interviews that took all day long they offered me the job 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate with them a better deal

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Metra? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metra interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Metra employees and interview candidates.