MetricStream

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.6

Senior Director – MetricStream University Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MetricStream in July 2014.

Received one call from an EA to schedule meeting with the VP of Customer Operations. Had only one conversation that started late and lasted only 20 minutes. The VP's expectations for the role were not clearly defined and her questions were scattered. I asked more questions than answered as she did not come prepared with a specific skill-set defined for the role, only that she had an 'idea' of how she wanted the 'university' to emulate Cisco.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were unexpected, she focused specifically on what she wanted for the role, but I asked the questions... she did very little interviewing of me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetricStream in September 2014.

4 rounds of technical interview each round taken by different level of interviewers moderate questions asked mostly on PLSQL , SQL queries performance tuning and stuff. post that was called again for another discussion with senior manager of the team to be joined that was also a techno manageral round.

Interview Questions

negative reviews on work culture

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at MetricStream in August 2014.

First aptitude test was taken ,which consisted question from maths, programming languages and database.
    After clearing the test , they called me for technical interview , where i was asked about my project , my role in it , why i opted for this project , its area of implementation and technology used to develop it. Then programming question were asked , which were very basic, i was asked to write codes for a program and asked to optimize it space wise and time wise.
    The whole interview went for about 1 and half hour.
     After that I was called for HR interview, where I was basically asked about my hobbies and what I would do enhance my knowledge in the areas in which I am lacking but are required for the job.

Interview Questions
    • what I would do enhance my knowledge in the areas in which I am lacking but are required for the job   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetricStream in July 2014.

Was called for associate product manager position on July 2014 last week, though I was hesitant to go to interview after seeing the reviews I had to take this for the position offered as it was interesting to me.
    First was Telephonic after clearing which I was called to Bommanahalli office for face to face interview.

After some waiting interview started nearly after an hour and it was one panel technical after which I had one more technical round with two panel technical round which was mostly on your resume, BA and Product Manager difference, how you handle client, what you think you would be responsible for, how you deal with customers with deadlines, incomplete deliveries etc.. Drawing Case Diagram, Sequence and Activity Diagram.

Overall I had a good round of discussion and it even the greeting and hosting was upto satisfactory.

It came to my surprise that even after clearing the 3 technical rounds I was asked by HR to leave for the day and she would indicate me next round for next week as it was friday the day I attended Interview.

Having given such good interview and answering all of their questions I was confident that I had cleared the interview and It was best match for my profile, but I never got a call indicating the feedback for entire week, after which I had to mail the HR asking the feed back, again to my surprise no reply.

I had to again message reminding them that I was waiting for their feedback.

I got this reply at last:

"Thank you for your time and interest in interviewing with us. We appreciate and value the discussions we have had. However, at this point in time we will not be able to pursue your candidature further.

We will certainly keep your resume in our active database for future reference.

All the best for your future endeavors!"

I had to again ask them what was the reason for holding this, and as usual I never got that heavenly reply!!

Advice to HR and MAnagement:
    Please make sure there is a opening for you best of your knowledge and then schedule the interview, not just because u have to do HR drill and routine.

Candidates puts lot of effort, bunking office, travelling to your zone answering all your questions taking all that pain to bare stupid questions as well.

So have at least minimum common corporate culture to give feedback to candidates timely, we are not college kids to be part of your drama.

wake up!!

And guys next time you please ask if the opening is surely there and then attend it.

Interview Questions
    • None all were general BA/ Product manager questions just google the responsibilities you would be able to clear   View Answers (2)

Smts Interview

There will be three rounds of interview. Two technical and one manager round. Simple questions. First round will be mostly on core java, javascript libraries and rdbms. Second round will be scenario based.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetricStream in July 2014.

I was interviewed for Product Manager position, I attended 8 rounds of interviews stretching to a time span of 50 days and many visits to their office. The VP product manager also interviewed me and gave good feedbacks and they all sounded awe stuck with my performance. The HR was almost sure that I am through and they made me meet a director who works under the VP saying its mostly a formality round. He then says I am an over kill for the job.Its way to disheartening to know that you need 50 days to figure out someone is an overkill or not suitable for the job. Terrible process.

Technical Manager Interview

Process starts with discussion with Hiring Manager (Director), this will be more of exploration round where you would know more about company , job and your role . Hiring manager will try to understand if your past and current work experience fills their requirement. Next round would be technical round where panel (2-3 interviewers) will talk to you to figure out your strength on core skill you have. Next round would be director round /hr round.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such, simple question on database, Java , webserver etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetricStream in March 2014.

Knowledgeable technical team . Bad director

Member Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MetricStream in March 2014.

Very hectic Interview Process.It was a four round interview process.One is Screening test which includes both aptitude and and java.Second is the Technical Interview.Third and four are the Manager rounds.Let me share my experience.It took almost like 20 days for me to complete all the four rounds.The first is the screening test after 4 days i got a call and i was told to attend the technical round.The technical round goes almost 40 minutes(java)then again they took 4 more days and again i got a call to attend the manager rounds.The two rounds took almost 1 hr each.Finally i completed four rounds.For a two year experienced they took the interview like 5-6 years.I got a call from the third party and i was told i got selected.so i waited for my offer letter.again they called me as said i was put on hold.I wasted almost like one month for this

Interview Questions
    • Binary tree algorithms.Which i learn almost at my B.E time   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Interview process was good, you should know most of the QA basics and people management tactics.

Interview Questions

bad reviews from existing employees about the work culture of staying late even if you dont have any work