Metro Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.4

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Metro Bank.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. I had two interviews total. One general interview from the recruiter and then one interview at the branch that I applied to.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metro Bank (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Received a call the day after I applied. Then after my first interview, it took forever to hear back and it took lots of calling on my end to hear anything. I applied for the CSR position which I was told was pretty much mine, to then find out it was filled and had to go for the teller position. This is 3 weeks after the initial interview. The interviewer was very nice, and thorough.

Interview Questions

• It was the typical interview questions. The hardest one for me was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No option for negotiation even though I had a college degree.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metro Bank.

Interview

This process was pretty easy and straight foward.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions. It was a generic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Metro Bank (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked me basic behavioral questions. The main thing they look for is how confident you are and how you can hide your nervousness when meeting with them. They want to see you smile at least three times. The recruiter is very nice and makes the interviewee comfortable when answering the questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Metro Bank (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

went well

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you would be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Metro Bank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first step is an online application which is very simple to complete The Second is a telephone interview - which is average Then online assessment- please do prep for this as it is difficult

Interview Questions

• Run me through your CV? Why do you want to join Metro Bank? Tell me what you know about Metro Bank What makes Metro Bank different from others? Competency based Questions: Give me an example of a time you exceeded a customers expectations. Give me an example of a situation you have been in where you have received a complaint. And then finally... Maths questions: Mostly simple questions such as %, X and -calculations. So.... 2% of 150, 5% of 200, 6X7 and 110-11   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Metro Bank.

Interview

Applied Online for the job of cashier and I received email about three days later to do telephone interview. The telephone interview slot which I booked was a week ahead which I got. Passed telephone interview which was basically about competency based question and also basic numerical questions, then she told me to do online aptitude test which I did today and now waiting for the feedback. In the telephone interview make sure you have got examples from your previous work experience or job to relate and also for maths questions make sure you do well with percentages. Online aptitude test was also easy as they give enough examples to practice along with pdf document to read through.

Interview Questions

• Why Metro? Time when you gave and received good customer service!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Metro Bank (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and passed the initial screening then i was sent an email to book a telephone interview.The interviewer called me exactly at my booked time.The chat started informally as she told me about the role and salary. Also asked me questions about my eligibility to work in UK etc.The interview was quite detailed and they ask examples from the previous work experience.Make sure you practice percentages and basic division. Then you are asked to do an online assessment which comprises of 5 sections.Its all about attention to detail and memory.Also how fast you an calculate and assess in brain without any external help.They send a detailed document for practice so it is not that difficult.If you pass this stage you are finally invited for an audition.I got a slot for audition but have not attended it yet.Anyone who has gone to one please share your experience and activities in the audition please.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your CV and what relevant experience you have? Why did you choose Metro Bank to apply? Tell me of a time when you received good customer service and why do u term it as good? Tell me of a time when you gave good customer service? How is Metro Bank different from other banks? What makes it unique? Basic Maths questions like 144/24, 4% of 200 etc.   1 Answer

Customer Service Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Metro Bank (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward questions on the phone. Invited to take an on-line test, again pretty straight forward to test aptitude. Face to face interview was very comfortable. Consisted of several candidates, we had the chance to mingle with the various team members, after which an interview was held by two of the team members. This was followed by a prioritising test which consisted of ten random jobs that had a certain amount of time allocated to it, the aim is to put these in order of what you think you would do in your day. Last assessment was checking through a bunch of random characters, there are two sets, they either exactly matched or did not. Had to identify each set by marking, same (s) or different (d). Have not heard back as of yet. its been over a week.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through your CV Describe a time when you provided amazing customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metro Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview, next step is an online aptitude test then it will be an assessment centre. Online form is simple, they will contact you to choose a telephone interview time and date.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your CV Why metro bank? Tell me about a time you received good customer service? Tell me when you gave good customer service? Why is metro bank unique? Some maths questions e.g. 5% of 200? 40% of 200? 144/24?   Answer Question