Metro Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Bus Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Metro (Alexandria, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was not very long. A lot of IQ questions and skill testing it was more of them getting a good feeling about where my work ethics was and what was my strong suits and my outlook on my daily production and determination They also wanted to see what drives me to try to be better at anything I do within the position of offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

That they felt strong about me working with the company

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Metro.

Interview

I handed in my resume and filled application to one of my friends who already worked there. My friend referred me and gave my resume and application to the manager. I got a call 2 days later from the manager asking me to come in for an interview. It wasn't even really an interview because I guess she knew that one of her employees knew me and my work ethic. It was more of a casual conversation about my availability, etc. I was hired on the spot, given a booklet to fill out forms and booked an orientation day. The "interview" lasted about 15 minutes. *TIP* If you want to stand out to all of the other applicants, you should conduct a follow-up call just to ensure your resume has been viewed for consideration of the position you applied for. Look up "how to follow-up on a resume" on google and you'll get a lot of advice!!

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, but if I were to be asked any, they probably would've been the usual "why do you want to work here?" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application, got a call to come in for an interview. Sat down and was asked if I could work weekends. Basically, I was hired on the spot.

Overnight Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Explained what the job entitles and type of hours that you would be working. Showed around the store. Introduced to some other staff that were working. Given Employee Handbook, and your uniform shirt and name tag/time card.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked a overnight shift and do have any problems in doing this shift?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metro.

Interview

For the most part it was a standard interview process

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metro in January 2014.

Interview

They hire only on resume. As it is a basic job, they do not ask for previous experience. Candidates do not need to have extended skills. The only thing they ask is to have basic mathematics abilities and basic communication skills that will be used while serving customers. You have to smile and be polite and respectful. There is not a real interview for a cashier position if you are over qualified. They will spend 1 or 2 day training you.

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metro (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

one interview, easy questions Was basically already hired in the mind of the employer. They would have hired me regardless of my interview performance.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop here often? Why do you want to work for us? Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available, bad company to work for, in my opinion.

Customer Manager Interview

Interview

They dont ask anything specific in interview and they dont tell us what the JD is but we cant do anything initially

Praktikant Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metro (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in July 2013.

Interview

Ich habe mich hier auf ein Online-Angebot beworben. 10 Tage danach hatte ich einen Anruf des Personalmanagers, der mich darum bat, meine Bewerbung durch ein Referenzschreiben zu vervollständigen. Dann redete ich mit dem Abteilungsleiter. Die Aufgaben wurden nicht weiter erklärt und das ist mein Hauptproblem, da ich nicht sicher war, welche Kompetenzen bzw. Qualitäten ich hervorheben sollte.

I have replied to an offer posted online. 10 days after, I have had a call from the HR asking to complete my application with a reference letter. Then I have been talking to the department manager. The missions were not detailed and that has been my major problem since I was not too sure what qualities-competences to highlight.

Interview Questions

• Die Fragen waren eher allgemeiner Natur und bezogen sich auf meine Fähigkeiten, damit sie sehen konnten, was ich innerhalb des firmeneigenen Marketingteams verwenden und weiterentwickeln könnte.   The questions were rather common, and oriented on my skills in order for them to see what I could use and develop within the corporate marketing team.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Metro.

Interview

Applied in person, got a call for an interview, went in, was asked basic questions, the manager was very nice even though i was very nervous, got the job

Negotiation

No negotiation