MetroHealth System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.1

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with HR then with unit manager. They always have you shadow. Often, the staff has just as much say as the unit manager. There is a background check and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question
    • What is magnet and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did y handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult co-worker and how you deadly with them at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a successful team experience/group project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System in July 2014.

Interview

the process took about 4 months all together and was a litlle backwards. I met with the unit manager first, then about a month and a half later i met with human resources... from there it took about 3 weeks to start working. They are union so they had a description of all benefits, and the pay was already decided based on a pay grade set by the union. The staff all seemed so friendly and made me feel comfortable, and less nervous.

Interview Questions

• The unit manager asked questions pertaining to the job description, such as how to obtain vitals and what were the norms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really negotiable. Based on experience and is union

Medical Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Normal process. Received a call went in on the day selected and started the interview. I was interviewed by three different people and shown around the facility and introduced to various people in different departments.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Director, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Metro is known for its critical care and apparently crisis mode is how they function. The director and VP were looking for work and resigned within two months of one another. I was invited to interview by the VP. At the second interview, did not see her; instead, interviewed with another VP who told me the interview process has been suspended. WHY AM I SITTING HERE? HR did not know this decision was made and shortly after meeting with the VP, HR was making me an offer--YIKES. They are now posting the position again. God bless whoever decides to work there. Be prepared for crisis.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, but slow to process. Could use more emotional intelligence and less checklist information to look for the right fit. There should be a tour of the location and give the person a better sense of the responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you feel that you would work well in a system that is slow to change? Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with lab manager for about 30 minutes and reviewed my training, and experience. The interview was informal and pleasant. We had a cup of coffee, and the discussion was continued in the cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• Availability, and experience.   1 Answer

RPSGT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Cleveland, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

I met the department head during my clinicals and he wanted to hire me right away. He had me apply online and even called HR ahead of time to get me scheduled right away. After calling twice over a 5 day period they scheduled my interview. I went in and met with HR and they approved everything and sent it to my department. My second interview was immediate and completed within another week. After that I had to wait for my paperwork and background check to be processed - this took over a month. If the department head wasn't in such a hurry to get me in, it probably would have taken over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• They showed different print outs of sleep stages and asked what they were   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Revenue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hospital (Chile)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MetroHealth System (Hospital (Chile)) in March 2011.

Interview

HIM department

Interview Questions

• Who has been my most difficult challenge   1 Answer

Negotiation

know your value

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MetroHealth System in February 2009.

Interview

Online appl;ication, one interview at hosp, one interview at site with manager and doctors, two day wait for phone response, one week wait to start the new job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very well managed and clearly good negotiating skills to encourage perspective applicant make a choice