MetroPCS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetroPCS (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrived about 20 mins early was greeted by an employee who gave me the once over before telling me to wait in the seating area. She never once mentioned my arrival to the manager. I brushed it off, as I sat and waited I noticed the employees gossiping among each other. When customers came some were greeted others were not, when selling to the customers a few employees seemed bored or withdrawn as if they didn't want to be there. About 30 mins later the manager came out to greet me totally unaware that I had arrived. He shook my hand and asked me to give him a moment which turned into about a 15 min wait. Finally he and another woman asked me to follow them into his office in which the interview began. He asked the basic behavioral questions, the "what would you do in this situation" type, questions pertaining to my previous employment, the majority of the questions were about your ability to sell. he took notes on my answers as well as the women who said nothing the whole time she would just nod her head occasionally honestly it seemed as if she had already made up her mind about me, she wouldn't give any eye contact but the other manager was fully engaged in conversation. after about 20-25 mins the interview was over and they thanked me for my time and said there were 2 positions available and they had others to interview and would make their decision in 2 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the job. I had a feeling I didn't. He said he would call but I guess an email was easier.

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MetroPCS (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

When I made it to the store, I filled and application, we went to an office and the manager was super friendly and nice. He asked some questions, we talk about personal interests. The interview took me about 30 minutes, lt was nice

Analyst, Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MetroPCS (Independence, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via a phone interview where I discussed my qualifications and she shared more information about the company in general - overall, it was a screening interview to see how well my experience/qualifications fit with the position and an opportunity to learn more about the company and the basics of the job. Immediately after the interview, I was contacted to schedule a second phone interview with the manager of the department - this interview covered more information about the day-to-day duties of the job and how my qualifications/experience would fit within the position (ex. I was asked a lot of questions about my computer software knowledge, quantitative analysis skills, customer service skills, and approaches to problem solving/balancing multiple assignments). After this interview, I was invited to an on-site interview with the same manager and the regional director of finance and operations - I was asked more questions about computer software, customer service skills, and how I approach problem solving activities and was able to learn more specifics of the job and possible special projects that I could be involved in if hired for the position. During the whole interview process, everyone that I encountered was friendly, professional, prompt, eager to answer my questions, and approachable. In addition to being impressed with everyone that I encountered during the process, I was very impressed with how quick the process was from start to finish - within 4 days of applying for the position, an interview scheduler contacted me for my initial phone interview with the recruiter and all three of my interviews were completed within 3 weeks of applying. I was given a formal offer for the position approximately 2.5 weeks after completing in the in-person interview and arrangements were made for me to travel to Detroit for on-site training - I enjoy my position and it is a great company to work for!

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with using Microsoft Excel and how do you use Excel tools/functions in your current job position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

Did pp, called in to check status set up interview that same week got hired the same day as interview, asked basic interview questions about call centers. Told me the during interview I was a bit timid and needed to more aggressive

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

First step was to apply online. Then there is an online assessment to be completed. From there, there is a phone interview asking basic questions to cover availability and details of the role. The next step is an interview with Store Manager for hiring location. My interview was also with a Store Manager from another location.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of unethical or illegal conduct you've witnessed and how you handled.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetroPCS in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was fine. You need to give examples when you need to make a sale or convince the costumer to take the product today. When a customer is angry how will you handle the situation. The interview was okay.

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetroPCS (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview then a face to face the next week. I found the face to face interview to be very unprofessional. I drove over an hour to meet with 4 persons at once for a face to face interview. They were late to met with me, keeping me waiting 30 minutes. One of the interviewers was texting while the interview was being conducted. During the interview I showed I had researched the company and the interview team. They seemed offended that I researched them to prepare for the meeting. The week after the interview I received and offer from another company, so I called to find out the status of my application. I had to leave 5 messages with 3 different people to finally get a email telling me I did not get the job. I think I dodge a bullet, very happy I did not get an offer. I think they are scared to hire intelligent people who know how to think.

ASR (Account Service Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetroPCS (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process started well. Applied online then received a call a from one of recruiters out of the Dallas Office to see if I was still interested three days later. From there I had a phone interview with another recruiter from their East coast office. The Recruiter was very nice and explained the details about the position. A week later i was asked to interview in person with the hiring manager. The actual in person interview was a group panel with three Account Managers and the Director of the region. I can tell you the Director was very cold and seem to have his mind set up from the moment we shook hands. The Account Managers on the other was very nice and we we did have a good conversation about my resume, Metro PCS future plans and indirect department. The big red flag however came when i was ask about salary. For what they was asking from this position and the what they was willing to offer was very insulting to say the least. I made it very clear what i expected and I sure once i let my expectations be known everything went downhill from there. After the interview I did not hear anything from the recruiter for weeks. When I was finally able to get in touch with her after leaving her a voicemail and email. She told me they do not plan on moving forward and thank me for my interest.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

Applied online 3 weeks ago and went in-person ask for a follow up and still nothing. Don't know how long I have to wait to get an interview. Just wish they can process applications faster.

Interview Questions

• I haven't gotten to that part yet as my interview is still being processed. don't know how long I have to wait in order to get an interview even when I did my assessment test 3 weeks ago, when I went in person, they said "you aren't in the system yet"   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Interview

Straight forward interview process. Talked with the engineering manager and then the director of the team. Company is very focused on cost and ways to optimize the network to reduce opex. Few behavioral questions like working in a team, leadership potential, strengths etc. A number of RF related questions, - What is the use of access channel? - Why is uplink frequency lower? - Difference between datarates for LTE, EVDO?

Interview Questions

• What would you choose between drop call and block call? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room