MetroPCS Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetroPCS (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrived about 20 mins early was greeted by an employee who gave me the once over before telling me to wait in the seating area. She never once mentioned my arrival to the manager. I brushed it off, as I sat and waited I noticed the employees gossiping among each other. When customers came some were greeted others were not, when selling to the customers a few employees seemed bored or withdrawn as if they didn't want to be there. About 30 mins later the manager came out to greet me totally unaware that I had arrived. He shook my hand and asked me to give him a moment which turned into about a 15 min wait. Finally he and another woman asked me to follow them into his office in which the interview began. He asked the basic behavioral questions, the "what would you do in this situation" type, questions pertaining to my previous employment, the majority of the questions were about your ability to sell. he took notes on my answers as well as the women who said nothing the whole time she would just nod her head occasionally honestly it seemed as if she had already made up her mind about me, she wouldn't give any eye contact but the other manager was fully engaged in conversation. after about 20-25 mins the interview was over and they thanked me for my time and said there were 2 positions available and they had others to interview and would make their decision in 2 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the job. I had a feeling I didn't. He said he would call but I guess an email was easier.

Other Interview Reviews for MetroPCS

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetroPCS in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was fine. You need to give examples when you need to make a sale or convince the costumer to take the product today. When a customer is angry how will you handle the situation. The interview was okay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MetroPCS.

Interview

Interview was in a temporary office they rented for interview. They hadn't figured out where they were located.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MetroPCS (Fontana, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

There was like 5 people doing the interview. They looked at my college education and were not satisfied, asking me why i was doing two different fields. They did NOT ask any of the usual questions like WHY DO U WANT TO WORK HERE, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you have studied two different fields, why are you trying to get into sales now?
      I also had to answer some interview questions in spanish

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MetroPCS (Kennesaw, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy, Applied online went in followed up with the company. There were two of them who asked questions about my sales experience....you know why should we pick you instead of someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MetroPCS (Reading, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a very simple get to know each other for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Why would make you an asset to this company instead of any other applicant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MetroPCS (Oxnard, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Simple, if you can talk fancy as if you know what you are talking about.. you can get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetroPCS (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was called within a week of submitting my resume online and set up an interview for the following Saturday. I got there 5 minutes before the interview and was made to wait over half an hour. Mostly asked about experience and availability. Questions were mostly open ended, and didn't ask specifics. The few specific questions were where do I see myself in 10 years, what do I hope to get out of this job, and immediately started talking about pay. When I mentioned what I currently made no more questions about money were asked, which makes me think they were nervous about matching. They did ask what I could bring to the table, as many others were being interviewed, but since MetroPCS is a regional carrier I felt most of my knowledge in mobile communications with smartphone OS's was a little out of place and out of date to fit in. In the end I rambled on too much, because of the open questions, but overall I think I hit the major points.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an issue that is out of your hands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MetroPCS (East Brunswick, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

The company contacted me via phone, then we completed additional forms online. The did a background check, and an employment check. They required a copy of my last paystub to verify my last wages.

Interview Questions

• Name a time Questions. There are too many to name off when working in retail and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MetroPCS (Union City, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

They did not ask many question because I was previous employee of another Metro Pcs Dealer. They knwe that I already know many things of the company so the experience it wasnt hard .