Metrolinx

Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.2

, Strategic Business Planning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx.

A single in-person interview, consisting of behavioural based questions requiring you describe how you handle given scenarios, while making reference to past cases. Questions were challenging but not too difficult. A group panel would record and grade your answers on a form. Eye contact and smiling seemed to work.

Co-Op Interview

Interviewed on campus for co-op,
    30 min interview with the lead developer,
    The interview was mostly technical, with one behavioural question.
    Got offer within the time specified for the co-op, followed up by HR for reference.

Interview Questions
    • Easy technical coding questions such as factorials and reverse items in an array   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Metrolinx in July 2014.

Long and drawn out process from when you fill out the online application to getting the call to come for an interview was quite long. It was a panel interview with recruiter and hiring manager present. I found the interview very formal and a bit stuffy which created a very anxious environment.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't that it was unexpected. It was the questions were segmented by technical and behavioural questions. However, I didn't consider the questions asked to be technical from a project management perspective...   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx.

Essentially was mainly one phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty standard. General questions about past experience, interest in the company, and next steps moving forward. Pretty straight forward and easy to get through. Generally afterwards, discuss terms of the contract and acceptance of offer. Getting called is really the hardest part in this case.

Interview Questions
    • No particular difficult question, just inquiry into past experience.   Answer Question
    None

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Metrolinx in March 2014.

Applied online by submitting resume only and got a call 2.5 months later for interview. Panel interview consists of 2 managers and recruiter. The interviewers were very nice and courteous; However, the construction along front street and York was very disruptive during the interview. Could hardly hear the interviewers's questions; that could have impacted the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are fairly easy if you are prepared and can easily relate your experience to the answer. However, one thing I had a problem was that because of the construction outside.. it was very difficult to listen to the interview reading one of the test questions (this should have been a written test) and that she has a strong accent made it even more difficult to understand what she is saying. I had to ask the interviewer to repeat reading "her paragraphs".
      Questions asked:
      What would you do if I give you a software patch?
      Describe how you handle a difficult challenge or project?
      Describe a time where you are able demonstrate systematic thinking?
      What's your salary expectation? I mentioned my figure; I think they didn't like that.. although the job desc specifies the salary range.. Better answer could have been my salary exp is within the salary range... or I am expecting mid - $$ ( whichever is the midpoint of the salary range posted).
      When can you start? (always say 'anytime' or 'asap').

Answer Question

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Union, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Union, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx in February 2014.

Technical Test, Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work for company, how to you troubleshoot an issue with a non-technical user, what have you done to be innovative   Answer Question

Network Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx.

Technical Support Test

Applications Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx in July 2013.

I applied on the agency website and they called me 2 weeks later to invite me for a technical test. The test had about 12 essay style questions on technologies that they use. I wrote the test with a group of 10 other applicants and was told that they will call two weeks later if I pass to invite me for interview. Two weeks later, they called me but I was no longer on the market.

Interview Questions
    • What is JDBC? Difference between application and applet? What attributes apache config file contains? What are integrity constraints? Pools in IIS?   View Answer

Summer Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Metrolinx in April 2013.

You apply online. I received a call a couple moths later and was interviewed by HR. The HR rep was really nice and typed up my responses, so I had to speak slowly. The questions were general for the most part . What you would normally expect to be asked in an interview.

My advice is not to consider an offer but to accept right away!! Wonderful company to work for!!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metrolinx in January 2013.

A skills assessment test (Word, Excel, Power Point, spelling, grammar), and then an interview. Pretty standard behavioural questions, and asking about past work experiences. Everyone was very nice.