Metrolinx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx.

Interview Details – Essentially was mainly one phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty standard. General questions about past experience, interest in the company, and next steps moving forward. Pretty straight forward and easy to get through. Generally afterwards, discuss terms of the contract and acceptance of offer. Getting called is really the hardest part in this case.

Interview Question – No particular difficult question, just inquiry into past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Network Support Analyst Interview

Network Support Analyst
Port Union, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx in February 2014.

Interview Details – Technical Test, Panel Interview

Interview Question – Why you want to work for company, how to you troubleshoot an issue with a non-technical user, what have you done to be innovative   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Network Operations Interview

Network Operations

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx.

Interview Details – Technical Support Test

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metrolinx in January 2013.

Interview Details – A skills assessment test (Word, Excel, Power Point, spelling, grammar), and then an interview. Pretty standard behavioural questions, and asking about past work experiences. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Applications Configuration Analyst Interview

Applications Configuration Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the agency website and they called me 2 weeks later to invite me for a technical test. The test had about 12 essay style questions on technologies that they use. I wrote the test with a group of 10 other applicants and was told that they will call two weeks later if I pass to invite me for interview. Two weeks later, they called me but I was no longer on the market.

Interview Question – What is JDBC? Difference between application and applet? What attributes apache config file contains? What are integrity constraints? Pools in IIS?   View Answer

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx in April 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online. I received a call a couple moths later and was interviewed by HR. The HR rep was really nice and typed up my responses, so I had to speak slowly. The questions were general for the most part . What you would normally expect to be asked in an interview.

Negotiation Details – My advice is not to consider an offer but to accept right away!! Wonderful company to work for!!

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long and well structured with though but fair questions pertaining to what I would bring to the role. Alot of focus around future opportunities and what my education and experience would fit into.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Co-Op Student

Interviewed at Metrolinx

Interview Details – The interview was done over the phone and mainly consisted of the usual behavioural questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, and "more about yourself" type.

Interview Question – The interview was mostly behavioural and it was done through the Human Resources department. I'd say naming 3 strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well it was a student position, and the hourly pay is not negotiable for obvious reasons

Customer Relations Interview

Customer Relations

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx.

Interview Details – Testing, panel interview then offer

Interview Question – How to handle difficult issues   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Officer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Metrolinx in May 2011.

Interview Details – it contains two parts, one with technique questions and the other is interpersonal questions.

Interview Question – technical problem, like contract modification   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Metrolinx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metrolinx interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Metrolinx employees and interview candidates.