Metropark

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Metropark in May 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two of the store managers. Each asked a different set of questions. It was speedy and efficient. Not only were they asking questions about the job but also questions that revealed a little insight about the managers. I felt comfortable and got to know them during my interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Honestly, I needed a job asap so I didn't negotiate money because I would have taken anything that they offered.

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Metropark in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied through craigslist.org and emailed my resume. I got a call back about 4 days later and scheduled an interview. On the day of the interview I arrived right on time, and saw a short line of girls standing outside the store. I realized they were here for the interview too, but it was weird that we had to stand outside when there were zero customers at the hour.

The interview started very late; at least 20 minutes. But the 2 interviewers seems very chill and easy going. They led us up into a quiet area in the mall and we sat down. There were about 9 of us; a very large group. I didn't like the open setting; it was during the day and was very distracting and hard to hear. The guy did most of the talking; the girl mostly took notes and looked a little bored/distracted.

Questions asked were not as I expected; we took turns standing up in front of everyone to explain our outfit, and why we would be a good fit for Metropark. Others were about goals, biggest failures/accomplishments in life, and ended by asking a round of complete random questions. I assume it's more of a personality test than anything else, because we were not asked work related questions like overcoming customer objections, how good we are working with customers, etc.

I was told the next step was another quick interview with the store manager, but I wasn't called back.

This was one of the most laid back interviews I've had but also one of the most competitive. Certain people would constantly pipe up and take initiatives to try to impress. From my results I'm guessing they're looking for they type of people who did just that. So try to talk about work experiences even though they don't ask, dress the Metropark style, and be really active. Also try to be one of the first people to talk after they ask a question; don't wait til everyone has gone.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure and accomplishment.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Metropark in January 2008.

Interview Details – Just like with any retail, you have to fit their personality. Wear their type of clothes when you interview with them. Make sure to talk to the manager who is responsible for the hiring of the store. The questions they ask were pretty general such as: Why would you want to work here. What kind of clothes do we carry. What would you do when a customer has a problem, etc.

Interview Question – How would you go about beating the competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. The company sets the hourly pay.

Style Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Metropark in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in may, called me back in june and told me to come in for an interview. went in and found that it was a group interview that consisted of 1 interviewer and 3 applicants. pretty basic questions such as "why do you want to work for us?" "previous job experience" & "sell yourself to me". overall it was a pretty quick process even though there were 3 of us. ended up getting hired on the spot. just show a lot of enthusiasm and use your previous work experience to make yourself shine.

Interview Questions

Worked for Metropark? Contribute to the Community!