Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council

Candidate Interview Review

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council.

The pre-interview process was very smooth. However, things didn't go so well in the interview. Prior to the interview, I always spoke with the recruiter, who was personable and informative. I had a pleasant phone interview with her as well. The "prescreening" computer application tests, which they make you take before the in-person interview, take a very long time.
    The day of the interview, I met with the person who would be my boss. This woman could not have seemed less interested in interviewing with me. She would seem bored after 5 seconds of me answering each question. I don't ramble in interviews, but her body language seemed like I was just wasting her time. She had a LONG list of questions, which was fine, and I asked her questions as well. But I knew, leaving that interview, that I would not get this job. Just from her body language from the second she asked me her first question.
    To make things worse, to end the interview, she told me that she would have the recruiter reach out to me in a week or 2, to let me know how the decision-making process was going (I was the first to interview for this position). Not only did I not receive a call back from anyone, I did not get answers to my emails from either woman.
    I found this to be a bit unprofessional and rude. No response to the "thank you for the interview" emails either. My first red flag should have been that this is a "new" position. However, if they don't know what they want, they shouldn't waste candidates' time with interviews.

Interview Questions

Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council Response

Aug 28, 2013Human Resources Generalist

Tracy, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your did not receive the follow-email that we send to all candidates who are not considered for employment at MCHC. Perhaps it went into ... More