Metropolitan Community College

Updated Aug 6, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Community College

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metropolitan Community College.

Their interview process was very intense but everyone was warm and kind.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect a group interview. They asked me to choose something in the room and how I would sell it.   Answer Question

I got another offer for more money. In hindsight, I probably should've taken the Metro job.

College Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metropolitan Community College in July 2013.

Set interview over phone. Had to prepare a presentation about MCC, benefits of community college, and an on-campus recruiting event. Very little detail to what they wanted in the presentation. Arrived and interviewed in front of a panel of 5 people. They went around the table asking questions, mostly 'what experience do you have in these situations.' Finished with presenting my presentation.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation they required for the interview.   View Answer

Testing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Community College in March 2012.

The application, interview, and hiring process took forever. I applied in February, had a phone interview in March, had a panel interview 3 weeks later, and then a month later in April they finally called me to officially offer me the position. It took the hiring manager 2 weeks longer than she said to make me the offer, after she made me aware that they were interested in hiring me.

They were unable to negotiate with what I was asking for in pay and benefits. Their hands are tied by the employee union agreement.

Transition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Metropolitan Community College in April 2011.

typical

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Metropolitan Community College in September 2010.

Was relatively painless--standard interview questions (give examples of working in teams; what do you feel is your biggest weakness, etc). Because it's a government job it takes a long time to go from application submission to getting a call for an interview (I had actually forgotten I applied by the time they called) and several weeks after the interview to get the offer and start. Decent place to work, laid back.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you say is your biggest weakness?"   View Answer
    No ability to negotiate if you aren't being hired for a union position. The job is listed as "temporary" only for technical reasons--you can work indefinitely but you're not eligible for a raise or benefits unless you are applying for a union position.