Metropolitan Community College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.6

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

interviewed with instructors, advisory board, Dean and HR people. I taught a subject for 10 minutes. I was given the subject to teach 5 days in advance to prepare. All equipment was provided that twas in the classrooms. the interview was somewhat intimidating simply b because I had no idea 9 people would be there. It went very u icky and it was very friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there really wasn't any

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Their interview process was very intense but everyone was warm and kind.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect a group interview. They asked me to choose something in the room and how I would sell it.   Answer Question

I got another offer for more money. In hindsight, I probably should've taken the Metro job.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Elkhorn, NE) in August 2013.

Interview

Came in, sat down, went over my experience and past curriculum. I had a pretty good relationship with the head of the department going in so it was mainly a formality followed by more formalities, background checks, etc.

Interview Questions

• What range of classes did I feel comfortable teaching.   Answer Question

College Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Kansas City, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Set interview over phone. Had to prepare a presentation about MCC, benefits of community college, and an on-campus recruiting event. Very little detail to what they wanted in the presentation. Arrived and interviewed in front of a panel of 5 people. They went around the table asking questions, mostly 'what experience do you have in these situations.' Finished with presenting my presentation.

Interview Questions

• The presentation they required for the interview.   1 Answer

Testing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Omaha, NE) in March 2012.

Interview

The application, interview, and hiring process took forever. I applied in February, had a phone interview in March, had a panel interview 3 weeks later, and then a month later in April they finally called me to officially offer me the position. It took the hiring manager 2 weeks longer than she said to make me the offer, after she made me aware that they were interested in hiring me.

Negotiation

They were unable to negotiate with what I was asking for in pay and benefits. Their hands are tied by the employee union agreement.

Transition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Omaha, NE) in April 2011.

Interview

typical

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Community College (Omaha, NE) in September 2010.

Interview

Was relatively painless--standard interview questions (give examples of working in teams; what do you feel is your biggest weakness, etc). Because it's a government job it takes a long time to go from application submission to getting a call for an interview (I had actually forgotten I applied by the time they called) and several weeks after the interview to get the offer and start. Decent place to work, laid back.

Interview Questions

• "What would you say is your biggest weakness?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate if you aren't being hired for a union position. The job is listed as "temporary" only for technical reasons--you can work indefinitely but you're not eligible for a raise or benefits unless you are applying for a union position.