Metropolitan Community College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Admissions Interview

Admissions
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metropolitan Community College.

Interview Details – Their interview process was very intense but everyone was warm and kind.

Interview Question – I didn't expect a group interview. They asked me to choose something in the room and how I would sell it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another offer for more money. In hindsight, I probably should've taken the Metro job.

Testing Technician Interview

Testing Technician
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Metropolitan Community College in March 2012.

Interview Details – The application, interview, and hiring process took forever. I applied in February, had a phone interview in March, had a panel interview 3 weeks later, and then a month later in April they finally called me to officially offer me the position. It took the hiring manager 2 weeks longer than she said to make me the offer, after she made me aware that they were interested in hiring me.

Negotiation Details – They were unable to negotiate with what I was asking for in pay and benefits. Their hands are tied by the employee union agreement.

Transition Coordinator Interview

Transition Coordinator
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Metropolitan Community College in April 2011.

Interview Details – typical

Interview Question – What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Staff Specialist Interview

Staff Specialist
Omaha, NE

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Metropolitan Community College in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was relatively painless--standard interview questions (give examples of working in teams; what do you feel is your biggest weakness, etc). Because it's a government job it takes a long time to go from application submission to getting a call for an interview (I had actually forgotten I applied by the time they called) and several weeks after the interview to get the offer and start. Decent place to work, laid back.

Interview Question – "What would you say is your biggest weakness?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate if you aren't being hired for a union position. The job is listed as "temporary" only for technical reasons--you can work indefinitely but you're not eligible for a raise or benefits unless you are applying for a union position.

Worked for Metropolitan Community College? Contribute to the Community!