Metropolitan Family Services

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Family Services

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (South Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

An appointment is made. You meet with two or three staff personnel. Answer questions presented. You should be where you are interviewing ten minutes ahead of time and be relaxed. The process is in a office or room that is private, two or more individuals, staff personnel or a parent may interview at the same time, it depends on who and when the staff is available.

Interview Questions

• Answer questions asked about philosophy, curriculum, lesson planning and interactions with previous staff. Will what would you do in ......situations. They will ask if you are familiar to assessment tools.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate salaries.

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Blue Island, IL).

Interview

Seemless. Great process due to exceptional HR!

Negotiation

No negotiation wiggle room.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and scheduled me for an onsite interview. She seemed very pleasant. Onsite interview with hiring manager and another member of management staff. They were very through, courteous and professional. Interview lasted about 45 mins. Several behavioral and situation specific questions. Specific questions about past experience were also asked. Was scheduled for a 2nd interview which was a skill assessment (Word and PowerPoint). That is were it ended. I sent a thank you email and then a follow up email to the hiring manager. She never responded. Finally I called and she hurriedly told me to contact HR. )HR told me letters were being mailed and the position was filled but to please refer to their website for other positions) It would have been nice that after ignoring 2 emails she would have the respect and courteous to just say we went with another candidate. A bad economy does not give employers the right to not treat applicants that invest time, energy and gas money as if they are a bother. What happened to simple professional courteous? Very disappointed.... these ladies seemed sincere and genuine during the interview. Well...hope the work they do for the community balances the fake front they give potential employees.

SASS Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metropolitan Family Services (Blue Island, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

One interview at the office. Job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was only able to increase salary by 500 dollars.