Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools

Very Easy Interview

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in February 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with one principal. The interview was very simple.

Interview Question – What teaching strategies will you use for Title I Students   Answer Question

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked the following questions:
Tell me a little bit about yourself.
What types of instruction do you use other than direct instruction?
What would your classroom look like?
Why should I choose you instead of other candidates?

Interview Questions

Elementary Teacher Interview

Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in April 2010.

Interview Details – I initially filled out the online application, applied for vacancies on the website, and sent resumes to principals. Then, I was contacted by the Metro Nashville Model Hiring Initiative to do a phone interview. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was comprised of mostly scenario-type questions. The answers will be sent to principals at High Priority Schools, and hopefully I will hear back from one soon.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't agree with the classroom management technique required by your principal?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools.

Interview Details – The prinicpals ask scripted questions. Its a joke.

Interview Question – What are your pedagogical teaching strategies?   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in November 2010.

Interview Details – The principal contacted all those he planned to interview via email. The email contained all of the candidates names and interview times. We weren't given a choice as to whether the date and/or times were acceptable. The upside was that we were told how long it would take for him to make his decision. At the end of the one on one interview we were told that he would select the top two candidates and bring them back on a specified day to be interviewed before a panel. He sent an email to all those he interviewed one on one and told of the three (instead of two) that he was bringing to interview before a panel.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools employees and interview candidates.