Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Police Service

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in October 2012.

Applied through recruitment agency for the job. About a week later I had a phone interview and a week and a half later I was offered the job. The phone interview wasn't that hard but it was tough enough for me to be interested in the job. I came from an unrelated field so I had to keep on my toes. I then had to wait for the clearance to go through which took almost 2 1/2 months. This is normal so find a job to fill in between this time.

Interview Questions
    • For security reasons the job description posted wasn't the same as what the job was. This made the interview tougher!   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Started on 11.68 per hour then after 3 months went up to 15.34. (GBP)

Forensic Computing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in January 2008.

Panel of three, one asking HR questions, one asking technical questions and the other asking privacy/data security questions

Interview Questions
    • At the scene of a crime how would your search affect the national intelligence model?   View Answer
    Fixed offer, no opportunity for negotiation