Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Police Service

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency for the job. About a week later I had a phone interview and a week and a half later I was offered the job. The phone interview wasn't that hard but it was tough enough for me to be interested in the job. I came from an unrelated field so I had to keep on my toes. I then had to wait for the clearance to go through which took almost 2 1/2 months. This is normal so find a job to fill in between this time.

Interview Questions

• For security reasons the job description posted wasn't the same as what the job was. This made the interview tougher!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Started on 11.68 per hour then after 3 months went up to 15.34. (GBP)

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Competency Interview questions were based on the role and the interview wanted to assess past behaviour to determine future behaviour. It was a panel interview conducted by the line manager of the role as well as an officer who represented the uniformed service. The interview lasted an hour in within that hour some 8 questions were asked and I was given opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online, waited 1 month before I heard anything back, got a letter asking me to attend an interview.
    Arrived at Hendon (police training ground) and had to take a maths test and English test I passed these and then had a interview with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us
      What can you bring
      How you've dealt with diversity in a previous role

Answer Question

Forensic Computing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in January 2008.

Interview

Panel of three, one asking HR questions, one asking technical questions and the other asking privacy/data security questions

Interview Questions

• At the scene of a crime how would your search affect the national intelligence model?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer, no opportunity for negotiation