Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in September 2014.

This is for customer service ambassador position at Washington Dulles International Airport. I applied Online, The whole process is simple as receiving several emails from HR, Invited to take the customer service behavioral exam at their HQ in Arlington (Reagan), Got selected and went in for interview at Dulles. Questions are pretty basic behavioral questions. One tip I could give is that you will be asked about your availability because this is job at airport which operates 365 days a year, and those WILL matter in getting selected. Interview went well and was offered a position, Went into their HQ again to meet a person at HR to fill out paperwork. You need ID to work at an airport so you have to finish the paperwork and fingerprinting for background check at a place called Pass & ID office. Process is definitely simple and easy if you do get selected but expect a pretty lengthy background check. It's been over a month and I'm still waiting for clearance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, questions are basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Regulatory Government Relations Program Representative Interview

I applied online for a position that I thought had an extremely detailed application. It consisted of eleven essay questions about my qualifications and ethics. MWAA has had huge ethic violations in the past so they are very big about vetting candidates.

It took me about a good week to assemble my application and I submitted it shorty after. About three days later I received the most breathtakingly worst rejection letter ever written. I have about four years of work experience as well as a graduate degree and my qualifications certainly meet the minimum required in the job posting. The rejection letter came across as if I offended the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority by my application. Well see for yourself because the rejection letter is too good not to share….

Dear _______,

Thank you for your interest and efforts in applying for the position of Federal and Regulatory Government Relations Program Representative.

After careful consideration of all the applications, only those candidates whose experience best meets or exceeds the qualification requirements for the position as described in the vacancy announcement were selected for further consideration. Unfortunately, your particular skill set does not represent the best fit for this position.

We appreciate your interest in employment with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and encourage you to apply for other positions for which you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your commitment to ethics and integrity in public service to help maintain an ethical and transparent approach to conducting business activities relating to federal and regulatory government relations on behalf of and in the best interests of the Airports Authority.   Answer Question
    • Describe your basic knowledge of core, critical Airports Authority operations, programs, policies, priorities and key projects and issues, including but not limited to: capital construction, airport operations, the rail construction project, Dulles Toll Road operations, the aviation/airport industry, and of the Office of Communications, altogether to help inform, educate, engage, and otherwise assist senior staff in interacting (on behalf of the Airports Authority) with government officials and key staff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in May 2013.

Very informal hiring process. After several emails from HR, I got a phone interview with the department manager. No tricky questions, just a few things on my resume.They cares more about your personality rather than technical things. Got a phone call to offer me that intern position about 1 hour later. BTW, prepare for an abnormally long background-checking- period.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in January 2010.

Communication from human resources kinda of difficult. Interview was standard customer service questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question