Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal hiring process. After several emails from HR, I got a phone interview with the department manager. No tricky questions, just a few things on my resume.They cares more about your personality rather than technical things. Got a phone call to offer me that intern position about 1 hour later. BTW, prepare for an abnormally long background-checking- period.

Very Difficult Interview

Regulatory Government Relations Program Representative Interview

Interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority

Interview Details – I applied online for a position that I thought had an extremely detailed application. It consisted of eleven essay questions about my qualifications and ethics. MWAA has had huge ethic violations in the past so they are very big about vetting candidates.

It took me about a good week to assemble my application and I submitted it shorty after. About three days later I received the most breathtakingly worst rejection letter ever written. I have about four years of work experience as well as a graduate degree and my qualifications certainly meet the minimum required in the job posting. The rejection letter came across as if I offended the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority by my application. Well see for yourself because the rejection letter is too good not to share….

Dear _______,

Thank you for your interest and efforts in applying for the position of Federal and Regulatory Government Relations Program Representative.

After careful consideration of all the applications, only those candidates whose experience best meets or exceeds the qualification requirements for the position as described in the vacancy announcement were selected for further consideration. Unfortunately, your particular skill set does not represent the best fit for this position.

We appreciate your interest in employment with the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and encourage you to apply for other positions for which you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• Describe your commitment to ethics and integrity in public service to help maintain an ethical and transparent approach to conducting business activities relating to federal and regulatory government relations on behalf of and in the best interests of the Airports Authority.   Answer Question
  • Describe your basic knowledge of core, critical Airports Authority operations, programs, policies, priorities and key projects and issues, including but not limited to: capital construction, airport operations, the rail construction project, Dulles Toll Road operations, the aviation/airport industry, and of the Office of Communications, altogether to help inform, educate, engage, and otherwise assist senior staff in interacting (on behalf of the Airports Authority) with government officials and key staff.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in January 2010.

Interview Details – Communication from human resources kinda of difficult. Interview was standard customer service questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority employees and interview candidates.