Mettler-Toledo

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Granted interview through friend of a friend, the interviewer was very approachable but she seemed a little preoccupied with how many job seekers she had to meet with that day.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you provide despite the fact that you have no related job experience? (I am a recent college graduate)   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mettler-Toledo in December 2013.

Too many hours invested. I had over 13 hours invested alone strictly in interviewing, another 4 in prep and another 2 hours coordination and travel, before I was ruled out. This plodding process was echoed in other Glass Door reviews. Lack of definitiveness and trust amongst those involved in the process guised as thoroughness.

Interview Questions
    • There were several questions asked by several interviewers involving impossible situations. One was about two different, yet unrelated items, both 100% critical and required being due in the same day, for example. Another one was about being able to change the culture in 30 days from something that had gone one for 30 years. Caution: Believe they take and pass on thorough notes so the ones that come later in the interview process may have prejudged you in a detailed manner and in a way that the interviewer captured.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo.

No structure- met with over 15 people who all asked the same questions. Asked me questions from the job description but did not provide me the most recent copy.

Interview Questions

Systems were not good. Processes did not exist. Did not have a good feeling about staff.

SAP Area Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in April 2013.

Typical process. A few phone interviews before being brought in on site.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me something personal that you wouldn't want other people to know about yourself." Seriously, is this an interview or a reality TV show?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in January 2013.

Required to interview with all members of the HR Team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the innovative tools you will bring to this department if you are selected.   View Answer

I felt the micromanagement style within the department was too time consuming and the amount of time dedicated to recruiting was limited. They did not have a sophisticated applicant tracking system or method of reporting that was efficient therefore the manual nature by which everything is done made every position heavily administrative.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in May 2011.

Overall the interview process went well... They were responsive in communicating with me, and gave me a few scheduling options. I met with a panel of people for a technical interview, and with a few levels of management. Although, I did not expect to be called back for a 2nd interview, it went as well as the first. Do know they call ALL references, so be honest on who you put on (they will want past management, and professional)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment in your career you were most proud about   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I was happy with first offer

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in March 2011.

Applied online through a job posting. I was contact by a temp agency shortly after. I met with the temp agency, and was called the next day to schedule an interview with management at Mettler Toledo. The interview was 1 hour with the Team Leader and Department Head. I was hired on the next day, as a temp to hire employee based on a 90 day contract. After my 90 day contract expired I met with the Department Head and said I wanted full time employment. An offer was drafted shortly after and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Typical 'tell me about a time' and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    My 90 day temp to hire period was expired. I demanded full time employment .

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in October 2009.

Was very intense and took multiple day's. They pick the top employees and being that there financial share is over $170 per, they are able to do this. They don't seem like a big company but are world wide and very successfull.

Interview Questions
    • Given the situation of unforseen circumstance how would you best handle the situation?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo in July 2008.

I met with the hiring manager and went through mostly just the basics of my working styles and my preferred working environment. I felt that more than an interview it was a "feel me out" kind of situation. I did however know I got the job when i left the interview. I think they make it a habit of making this kind of thing pretty obvious.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mettler-Toledo.

I got a call from HR after applying through a job portal. They did a detailed screening of my profile, and scheduled an interview. Interview process is quite lengthy, to begin with there was a written test on programming which had about 15 questions on data structures and java, an aptitude test which had about 50 questions, and one more paper related to OS. Once cleared I had a tech round of interview and was informed that manager was not avail, finally, HR told me there would be a telephonic round of HR interview and would confirm the following day, sounded positive saying that would be about salary negotiations and general discussion.

I didn't get a call as promised by HR, so I'd called back to check my interview status, they said by EOD I'd get a mail. Finally, I got a mail saying job requirements doesn't match my skillset, and was rejected. This interview is clearly a time pass one for the company, and wasting candidate's time.