Meyer Sound

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Manager Interview

Berkeley, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meyer Sound in August 2010.

Interview Details – A long and deliberate process because you are becoming part of a small family of people who collaborate to produce the best products in their field. Expect a minimum of ten interviews over a period of one to three months that includes meeting Helen or John Meyer. We succeed because we get along, and everyone who may be working with a new hire gets their say in the process.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you failed and what you did to recover from it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Lengthy. I had 11 interviews over a period of three months. My passion is speakers, Meyer is 2 miles from my house, they had what I wanted. At each interview I got a piece of their problem and followed up with my solutions to them.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Berkeley, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Meyer Sound in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted for a phone interview by the administrative assistant. The phone interview consisted of me speaking with the Marketing Manager and lasted about 30 minutes talking mainly about my experience working with marketing swag and event planning. She was really nice and answered all of my questions regarding the position and Meyer Sound as a company. She then invited me to meet with her personally at the office the following week to meet a few other employees I would be working with in the position, if I was hired.

During my onsite interview I met with the Marketing Manager (hiring manager), the Art Director and the Director of Marketing. Each interview went pretty well on my part, nothing that I didn't know about the position, or the company. There was constant communication throughout the entire interview process, from scheduling, answering additional questions, etc.

When the interview process was complete the hiring manager and I both agreed upon a date to follow up on the hiring status and if I was the person they wanted to bring aboard. When I called the hiring manager, she was very cordial but said they were "going to continue looking for candidates." I was confident about the hiring process and thought I had a real chance of landing the job, but in the end was confused as to their reasoning for passing. The hiring manager said she wanted "more experience" but did not state exactly what experience she wanted more of. Everything the position was asking for, I had previously done before and gave examples for during my interview and in submitting my resume. The position was a great fit for me considering the responsibility and the opportunity to travel. However, in the end I was disappointed in the lack of communication from the hiring team. Still a great company to look at, and I would still consider applying and interviewing in the future because of the opportunities available and the quality of product they continue to produce for consumers and business.

Interview Question – What specific experience do you have working with marketing swag?   View Answer

Grahic Designer Interview

Berkeley, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Meyer Sound in December 2010.

Interview Details – Company culture was relaxed but surprised it was so quiet for a sound specialist company. Not even some low level music playing. Company is small and family owned. Owners are approachable and involved in daily operations I was told.

Phone screened by HR rep.first then invited in to meet Art Director. Sign in sheet had list of interviews for that day. Felt like a cattle call. AD was very easy to talk with and talented. She dropped alot of industry terms as she spoke, branding is huge. They never responded to interview follow up. Rude.

Interview Question – Could you carry out branding across various projects efficiently.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Meyer Sound? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meyer Sound interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meyer Sound employees and interview candidates.