Miami Children's Hospital

2.7

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in March 2014.

I had my interview scheduled for one day by the centralized scheduling office. Then my interview was moved up by more than a week partly because they really needed to fill my position but also because the hospital had the joint commission survey going on. There were at least 10 people at my interview from different disciplines and almost all of them asked me different relevant questions. 2-3 of those people asked me questions from the form interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recommend for an 11 year old with Down's syndrome who many people report that they cannot understand the child?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistance Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Miami Children's Hospital.

quick and easy

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Miami Children's Hospital.

Initial phone screen, then face-to-face interview. In person interview with management representative, senior technical architect, and two developers. The management and senior architect interviews both involved waiting for some time, and afterwards were very rushed affairs with many references to how busy they were. The peer interview was more pleasant and professional, with questions that were more appropriate to the position. The peer interview was cut short by management.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you a 'think outside the box' question similar to questions that Microsoft is famous for asking. Not difficult but makes you think it might be a trick question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Children's Hospital.

Waited a long time for interview

Good negotiation

Registrar Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in July 2012.

Hiring was a smooth process as well as the interview process. The interview was very imformative about the position expectations and I was given a moment to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • How have you gone the exra mile at a previous work place?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was breathtaking! I received a call from the initial recruiter assigned to me, oferring me the job and pay rate. After, I was asked for my acceptance of the job position. I was then provided with a start day and location for my training. I trained sufficiently before starting the job position on my own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in April 2012.

Fragmented. People have no clue hoe to interview. It's easy to get it. I bet they hire many dysfunctional people.

Too much delay. Inefficient process

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in December 2011.

Was an internal candidate - submitted resume, internal panel of other regional directors and VPs for detailed interview that contained questions on all service lines and budgets

Interview Questions
    • what else would you do for the MRI service line to increase volumes (not including marketing)   Answer Question
    Not good as I asked for 10% but ended up with 6.8%

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in July 2011.

Took forever to get a call. Phone interview was formal. Personality test was easy but they never go back and explain anything to you. It would be nice to get an explanation. Some questions on the phone were like "are you for real". If you have a question, forget it. They wont answer any calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in January 2009.

I applied 2 months before I was contacted.
    During the in-person interview. Half of the panel didn't make it.
    Some of the Directors had no clue about the responsibilities of the position so they didn't ask many questions. It was like if they were told they needed to be there but didn't really want to.
    It felt like I got there at the right time as the interview was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you need to report your boss due to a policy compliance violation?   View Answer
    Make sure you ask for the salary range for the position. HR has that information based on the position's grade. Then go for at least the mid range.

Director of Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Children's Hospital in November 2008.

The process was rather simple once you got past HRs screeners

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were really asked mainly because that directors and managers I interviewed with had a very limited expertise which i noticed during 6 different interviews   Answer Question