Miami Dade County Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.1

Park Service Aide Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Dade County.

Called by phone asks a bunch of health and safety questions. Asked some basic interview questions. Then in in-person interview was a panel of 4 people 2 questions a person. Asked basic interview questions how does your education and experience math to the job you will be doing here? What will you do if you see someone stealing?

Interview Questions
    • Name reasons to contact manager? The interview questions were very easy.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

SPA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade County in May 2014.

The interview process was a cover, imo. I discussed internal hiring as I am an employee with the department and was told that I had to compete like everyone else. I applied and interviewed and was not hired. The position was already named for someone they had been seeking.

Pollution Control Inspector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Dade County.

I applied for the position december (2013) and I was contacted via email on february 2014 and was informed that i was selected for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Three key people interviewed me ( department chief and some managers). I had to answer a series of 5 questions and they took notes. the questions were: how would your last job help you in this position, your greatest achievement, how do you handle an irritated person and more questions like that. at the end they gave me a few minutes to talk about myself. After the interview, I did the writing interview, they gave me a scenario inspection report and see how i would respond.   View Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Miami Dade County.

Thorough background check, psychological testing, agility testing. Applicant must provide all documentation requested ex. Original HS Diploma, and or certificates. Work history must be accurate.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult question that, candidate usually fail is drug use history   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. There is one base salary which new officer start of with

Systems Analyst Programmer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade County in November 2013.

I received a letter by snail mail asking me to contact a human resource person in the Clerk of the Court. Well, right from the beginning, the guy was very rude and not helpful at all. I contacted the hr. director and got transfer to another person.

Interview Questions
    • I had five technical questions and five managerial questions.   View Answer

They offer was very low compare to my education, experience, certifications, and current salary. Also, the culture of the organization felt to be very unprofessional.

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Miami Dade County in September 2011.

Hiring Process goes really slow to go through. it took me about two months before i finally was working and that was from the point of the interview not when i had applied. i had applied several months back i had actually forgotten about the position by the time they called me back.

Interview Questions
    • can you lift this box using proper technique?   View Answer
    no negotiating take it or leave it

Airport Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Miami Dade County in April 2011.

The interview was very standard as it followed the procedures required for Miami Dade County. All the interviewers were very polite and were very clear in their line of questioning. My only issue was that their questions were formed with the purpose of weeding out anyone outside of their section. The questions were simple if you worked there, but since I didn't, I was completely clueless. They asked question about which radio frequencies are used, what color are certain lights out on the airfield, etc. All questions I could obtain the answer to in a matter of minutes on my first day on the job. But I understand the desire to promote from within so I wasn't too upset.

Economic Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Miami Dade County in January 2011.

Phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Behavior interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would deal with particular situaitons in detail.   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Miami Dade County in September 2009.

The interview process was very comprehensive and put you at ease so that you could provide a lot of information.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your previous employer.   View Answer
    Find out about your potential career path.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade County in June 2008.

It is a loooong process.
    My first interview was about 10 weeks after they closed the application period.
    Second interview was about 4 weeks after the first interview.
    I was offered the position about 12 weeks after the last interview.
    Overall it was about 6 month process.

I declined the offer when I learned from a former employee of that department that due to financial restraints the department would have to cut several position in near future.

The interview process was very forward with 5 current employees who seemed more stressed than I was.
    They were obviously new to interviewing process and they asked all the "cliche" questions like:

What is your strong point
    What is your weak point
    What in your previous job prepared you for this job
    etc.
    No surprises and nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing for you to do at current job?   View Answer

Learned that the department was going to have to down size in near future.
    Didn't want to be in the position of being the low one on the totem pole while down sizing.