Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.3

Coordinator III Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

You submit on line the application. They screen of applications. 1st and 2nd Interviews with panels of persons. Phone call in between to advice of the next step. Then a phone call to say that you were selected.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between expense and expenditure?   1 Answer
    • What is the reason that you applied to this company?   1 Answer

Secondary High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Three interviews. First interview with School Board.
    Next interview was with individual administrators.
    Third interview was with Principal of the school

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event two students began to fight in your class.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Process now being done from the top (district) down instead of school interview. Good classroom management skills a must. You need to know how to teach in a culturally diverse community like Miami-Dade County. Becoming a temporary teacher (substitute) will get your foot in the door (if you're good at it).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with students who constantly disrupt the class setting?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Takes forever. There are only a few times a year that the positions are open so you have to keep checking the website. Once you finally apply, it takes about 4 months to get through the system.

Interview Questions

• How do we know the students will be safe in your presence?   1 Answer

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

It was mostly a one on one with several individuals throughout the independent school.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in January 2009.

Interview

Meet with school administration and department head.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience; subjects qualified to teach; classroom management techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed salary and schedule.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was was organized and the staffers were pleasant. Overall a good expereince. I would recommend a call to inquire about the job prior to the interview this will narrow down the scope of preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the overall bottom line of the organization?   Answer Question
    • What is your intellectual strength and how will you apply it the job, if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL).

Interview

Since I was hired so long ago, I am not sure how the process is these days. When I applied, I submitted my resume to the human resources. I was then later contacted for a face to face interview. Once I was notified that I was hired, I had to contact individual schools with my resume to see if there were any openings. I then had to interview with individual schools.
    With respect to applying at individual schools, you may do better to contact region offices and ask to speak to someone who is with the area you are interested in. They often have information regarding several schools.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      These are always difficult questions to ask as you do not know how the employer wants you to answer.

Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it is a set pay scale.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

Interview

due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Questions

actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple. You just apply through teacher match and wait to be contacted by principals. Schools will usually contact teachers within a few days to arrange an interview.