Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Teacher Interview

Interview

There's no point of becoming a teacher anymore because of the Annual Contact. The Union only protects veteran teachers. Basically, you're given termination notice of your contract ending on June 5th in February. When you're let go, you have to redo your fingerprinting and drug test each year. There's no stability in the teaching profession.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the new standards into your curriculum?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Got hired on spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got minimum wage at the time then got bumped for having ceritifcations

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I meet one on one with principal through a recommendation. He was friendly and upfront and offered job on the spot. He did most of the talking but allowed time for questions and gave background to schools current needs.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

Met with HR at the School District downtown; completed application and asked questions about college and my certifications. Then the next day went to the school site and met with the Assistant Principal. He asked some softball questions about where I was from, college, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; union set salary.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Filled out paperwork, submitted fingerprints, and went to a brief interview and was assigned to a school. Worked at five schools but was only interviewed twice and both times it was the same thing. Only during those two interview was I told were I'd be working in person, the other three schools I just received a letter in the mail saying that this was my new assignment and telling me when to report.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions it was like this is what we need are you willing to do the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Homestead, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great!

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami Beach, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Interview Questions

• Is your certificate current?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take a drug test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

Interview

due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Questions

actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple. You just apply through teacher match and wait to be contacted by principals. Schools will usually contact teachers within a few days to arrange an interview.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview

Takes forever. There are only a few times a year that the positions are open so you have to keep checking the website. Once you finally apply, it takes about 4 months to get through the system.

Interview Questions

• How do we know the students will be safe in your presence?   1 Answer