Miami Dade Public Schools

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews

After School Position Interview

After School Position

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview Details – Got hired on spot

Interview Question – Nothing Really! had great time there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got minimum wage at the time then got bumped for having ceritifcations

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in June 2008.

Interview Details – Met with HR at the School District downtown; completed application and asked questions about college and my certifications. Then the next day went to the school site and met with the Assistant Principal. He asked some softball questions about where I was from, college, etc.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; union set salary.

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Social Studies Teacher

I applied in-person and interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Interview Details – Filled out paperwork, submitted fingerprints, and went to a brief interview and was assigned to a school. Worked at five schools but was only interviewed twice and both times it was the same thing. Only during those two interview was I told were I'd be working in person, the other three schools I just received a letter in the mail saying that this was my new assignment and telling me when to report.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions it was like this is what we need are you willing to do the job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Homestead, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in May 2010.

Interview Details – The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Great!

Miami Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

Interview Details – due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was was organized and the staffers were pleasant. Overall a good expereince. I would recommend a call to inquire about the job prior to the interview this will narrow down the scope of preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the overall bottom line of the organization?   Answer Question
  • What is your intellectual strength and how will you apply it the job, if hired?   Answer Question

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Social Studies Teacher
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was mostly a one on one with several individuals throughout the independent school.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Teacher

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in January 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with school administration and department head.

Interview Question – Years of experience; subjects qualified to teach; classroom management techniques.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed salary and schedule.

Secondary High School Teacher Interview

Secondary High School Teacher
Miami, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in August 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews. First interview with School Board.
Next interview was with individual administrators.
Third interview was with Principal of the school

Interview Question – What would you do in the event two students began to fight in your class.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Miami Dade Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miami Dade Public Schools interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Miami Dade Public Schools employees and interview candidates.