Miami Dade Public Schools

www.dadeschools.net

Miami Dade Public Schools Interview Questions

2.2

After School Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Got hired on spot

Interview Questions
    Got minimum wage at the time then got bumped for having ceritifcations

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in June 2008.

Met with HR at the School District downtown; completed application and asked questions about college and my certifications. Then the next day went to the school site and met with the Assistant Principal. He asked some softball questions about where I was from, college, etc.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; union set salary.

Social Studies Teacher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools.

Filled out paperwork, submitted fingerprints, and went to a brief interview and was assigned to a school. Worked at five schools but was only interviewed twice and both times it was the same thing. Only during those two interview was I told were I'd be working in person, the other three schools I just received a letter in the mail saying that this was my new assignment and telling me when to report.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions it was like this is what we need are you willing to do the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in May 2010.

The principal was a very nice lady that took teh time to interview me on a one on basis. We were in her office for about an hour, during this time we talked about the reason why i had decided to apply at her school and the the reason why i decided to pursue this career. Later, we talked about the open position and i was explianed what it consisted of.

Great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2010.

I was contacted by a former supervisor regarding an available position within a Miami Dade County Public School. The principal had previously been my grade level chair person for five years. She was in need of hiring three teachers as soon as possible. My interview process was very fast and consisted of a drug test and a quick phone screening. I was asked to start right away!

Non-existent

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in October 2009.

due to teacher surplus downtown county overturned hiring in favor of teacher with greater seniority

Interview Questions

actually school was told to decline me and hire teacher with greater security in spite of my greater expertise

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in April 2012.

The interview was was organized and the staffers were pleasant. Overall a good expereince. I would recommend a call to inquire about the job prior to the interview this will narrow down the scope of preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the overall bottom line of the organization?   Answer Question
    • What is your intellectual strength and how will you apply it the job, if hired?   Answer Question

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in August 2009.

It was mostly a one on one with several individuals throughout the independent school.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Teacher Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in January 2009.

Meet with school administration and department head.

Interview Questions
    • Years of experience; subjects qualified to teach; classroom management techniques.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Fixed salary and schedule.

Secondary High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Miami Dade Public Schools in August 2009.

Three interviews. First interview with School Board.
    Next interview was with individual administrators.
    Third interview was with Principal of the school

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the event two students began to fight in your class.   View Answer